• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods WDs from Northern Trust Open after first round

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger withdraws from Northern Trust with injury

Tiger after his round yesterday:

"I just didn't play well," Woods said Thursday after finishing the round tied for 116th out of 120 golfers. "Just one of those things where I just didn't hit any good shots and didn't make any putts. Other than that, added up to a round that broke 80."

Tiger today:

"Due to a mild oblique strain that led to pain and stiffness, I have to withdraw from the Northern Trust," Woods said in a statement Friday. "I went for treatment early Friday morning, but unfortunately I'm still unable to compete."

227gx1.jpg

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger withdraws from Northern Trust with injury

Tiger after his round yesterday:

"I just didn't play well," Woods said Thursday after finishing the round tied for 116th out of 120 golfers. "Just one of those things where I just didn't hit any good shots and didn't make any putts. Other than that, added up to a round that broke 80."

Tiger today:

"Due to a mild oblique strain that led to pain and stiffness, I have to withdraw from the Northern Trust," Woods said in a statement Friday. "I went for treatment early Friday morning, but unfortunately I'm still unable to compete."

227gx1.jpg

you'd have a mild oblique strain too if you banged the number of pörn stars he did last night...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we saw of Tiger in the British Open and now this can't be fully explained by injury. And that itself is not even being explained. Tiger said it's a pulled Muscle ...and every article I read blames his back.

Tiger looks drained & beat up physically & mentally. How is that possible after taking a month off before
the British Open? You Play just 2 rounds in a month and say "I just want to go home" ???

ESPN and the like are in full PR mode for Tiger right now. They want everyone to believe it's about his age & back. But was it not just last year they were all fawning over Tiger's swing speed???

Why were they not asking the real question ..how was he swinging that fast and why?
If you are going to bring up his age & back as excuses for what is happening now, than you have to ask yourself why were you not questioning how Tiger of all people would be registering the fastest club speed on tour.

There is something else going on here.

Tiger Woods registers PGA Tour's fastest clubhead speed of the season

WATCH: Boom! Tiger records PGA Tour’s fastest clubhead speed of the season

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger is going to start playing the PGAT minimum...for the duration now...he realizes now that spinal fusion was not a permanent fix to the many many (probably millions) hard swings he’s made over his career.

I don’t care to drill into why he withdrew, etc. In spite of winning the Masters, he’s not the same player, and his back is going to be an issue the rest of the way...Tiger is an old 43 y/o...but If he’s out there or not the event goes on.