• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger shoots 3 over. Injury is the only logical conclusion.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger on 73: No illness or injury, just bad golf

Could you ask for Tiger to play any better this year all things considered? I don't see how you can.

Trust me, I can't stand the man. But I know what it looks like when my day is about to be ruined with another Tiger Woods win. And the way he has been playing this year is what it looks like.

All said, Tiger does not need any excuses for a bad round. Any tour player regardless of how dialed in they are can shoot a 3 over or 3 under in any round. That is the DNA of golf. It's the consistency that makes golf the hardest sport in the world to master.

But that is not good enough for that massive tool Bob Harig at ESPN. He could not wait to jump on the excuse train. Going on pure speculation, Tiger's 3 over has to be because something is wrong with Tiger physically as far as Harig is concerned.

Look at how he creates this from nothing. Pure insanity.

" If there was something bothering Tiger Woods on Saturday during a steamy third round at Firestone Country Club, he was not saying"

"Woods has never been totally forthcoming in these situations, though he did admit after the first round of the Memorial Tournament in June that he sometimes wakes up with a stiff lower back, which is simply life for him as a 42-year-old golfer who has endured four back surgeries"

"Woods might not be in the kind of pain that he suffered through the past few years prior to spinal fusion surgery in April 2017 -- or any pain at all -- but he was clearly having some timing and speed issues"

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A long layoff from professional golf is detrimental to any player. Tiger is obviously not the same golfer he was 5 years ago and today's players are not intimidated by him.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His body is probably an old 42, given all of his injuries and how long he's been at it. When I turned it on yesterday, they were showing Tiger. They were on him for at least 5 minutes before they revealed that he was 11 strokes back. That's going to get old fast if they continue to do it when he isn't in contention.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PEDs took their toll on Tiger's body.

I doubt he ever wins another Major.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PEDs took their toll on Tiger's body.

I doubt he ever wins another Major.
He's had 4 back surgeries and fusion following the last one. He should retire from professional golf so he'll be able to do things with his kids.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His body is probably an old 42, given all of his injuries and how long he's been at it. When I turned it on yesterday, they were showing Tiger. They were on him for at least 5 minutes before they revealed that he was 11 strokes back. That's going to get old fast if they continue to do it when he isn't in contention.
I guess as long as the ratings are good they'll continue to put the cameras on Tiger.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck wiger toods

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's plenty strong and long enough, and I expect he will be for several years because he's always been serious about maintaining his fitness. It's the touch and feel parts of his game where he hasn't regained any consistently, though he's shown flashes in a round here & there. Carnoustie proved he's got the game. A lot of guys have won in their 40s. I think he'll have a shot at Augusta and The Open for at least a couple more years, and I'd bet good money he wins something barring injury.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His play definitely justifies a tour card but I'd be surprised if he wins again. He's just not the best golfer in the world, the intimidation factor isn't there anymore, and he isn't a come from behind, Sunday heroics golfer. The resume is awesome but if he's going to win again then he needs to reinvent himself mentally.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is just rusty.

He can't put all the parts of the game together in any round to put any distance between himself and the rest of the field. One day he'll drive amazing and his iron swing will let him down. Next day he puts every drive in the woods and he has to scramble just to stay even.

One of these days he'll put it all together, but its going to take time to catch back up to the level of play of the kids currently kicking the tour's ass.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tired thread...Tiger is simply not that good anymore...at 42 those expecting Tiger of 2000 or anything close to that for 72 holes are fooling themselves...3+ no excuses.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be foolish to say he cannot win again but it's safe to say he won't ever dominate again.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I say it a lot but what if Tiger had walked away after the incident in '08 and never played again?

He would hands-down be known as the greatest player to ever play. The Nicklaus fans would be silenced by the assumption that he certainly would have eclipsed jack if he'd kept playing. Nobody could have imagined that he's go a decade without a major.

We always assume that Bobby Jones would have won a slew more but maybe he would have gone to shit too, who knows?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I say it a lot but what if Tiger had walked away after the incident in '08 and never played again?

He would hands-down be known as the greatest player to ever play. The Nicklaus fans would be silenced by the assumption that he certainly would have eclipsed jack if he'd kept playing. Nobody could have imagined that he's go a decade without a major.

We always assume that Bobby Jones would have won a slew more but maybe he would have gone to shit too, who knows?

time is undefeated...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is asking a lot especially in a sport like golf where people literally play forever. Heck you see it in sports like football & basketball where that is much more of a young man's game. When the hell will guys like Brady or Brees ever retire? Guys like Manning & Montana probably should have retired earlier. Players like Vince Carter certainly could have retired much earlier.

In the end who are we to ask this of any athlete - even ones w/ diminishing skills. Another thing is that the course if probably an area of refuge for Tiger & other golfers (even when they don't win or even come close). I know that you were not necessarily asking Tiger to step down. I am just clarifying that golfing is what these guys do & asking them to step away from it is very tough for them.

I think that in the end Tiger is relatively comfortable w/ his current position even if he doesn't win on the PGA again. It is what it is - just too bad that stupid media outlets like ESPN make way too much out of it. Oh well - that is how they are & this type of mindset could contribute towards their eventual slide in the ratings.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is healthy(Faldo was continuously bringing up that he was laboring), he will do much better in 19.
It is a huge if.

He needs to go through being in contention more.