• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods to be DQed

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In most cases drop from water can be on the same line as far back as you wish. I personally think the rule states that since his ball crossed the water and rolled back in the drop should have been on the green side. Local rule makes him drop on the other side. If there was a drop area and he dropped out of it and signed an incorrect card he should be DQd. If no designated area...not sure why there is even a penalty.

There was a designated area, but I believe the announcers mentioned that it was a "red" hazard, which meant he had 3 options:

1. play from the drop zone - Tiger went to the drop zone to see the angle and condition, but determined it was muddy and angle not favorable

2. play from original shot's spot

...didn't hear what the other option was, but it may have been what Tiger did and play the ball in the same line as the original shot, but drop it further back

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lel when all of the haters come out.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the link in the OP:

The wording of the rule appears to be an either/or situation and it looks like Tiger may have thought he could elect option (b) and may not have realized that he must choose option (a) if possible.

The problem with that is the fact the ball hit the other side and then rolled back into the water, so it's moment where the ball "last crossed the margin of the water hazard was actually on the green side, where a drop would have been impossible. If it had flown directly in, it would not have been a big deal.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that is the fact the ball hit the other side and then rolled back into the water, so it's moment where the ball "last crossed the margin of the water hazard was actually on the green side, where a drop would have been impossible. If it had flown directly in, it would not have been a big deal.

Okay. So it isn't the line that he actually hit the ball over the hazard, but the line it spun back on after it hit the flag.

I watched it live and just remember the announcers really not having a problem with the rules at that time and thought he was okay.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a rules guru, but I am pretty sure that there is a difference when a ball flies into a hazard or when it lands and backs in. Who knows. I will watch today and tomorrow regardless and Tiger is still an awful person which trumps him as a golfer, IMO.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. So it isn't the line that he actually hit the ball over the hazard, but the line it spun back on after it hit the flag.

I watched it live and just remember the announcers really not having a problem with the rules at that time and thought he was okay.

Actually Feherty was flustered as hell.

I thought he was drunk at the moment, but I think now he was confused because Woods wasn't following the rules and didn't know what to say on air.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm calling it now. Tiger wins by three, just to thumb his nose at all his haters. Then goes home and pile drives Lindsey Vonn.

Of course he'll win. He gets a second chance. HE knows he should be disqualified but we already know he isn't a man of integrity.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a rules guru, but I am pretty sure that there is a difference when a ball flies into a hazard or when it lands and backs in. Who knows. I will watch today and tomorrow regardless and Tiger is still an awful person which trumps him as a golfer, IMO.

Correct.

If you don't

use a drop zone
or
replay the shot (as near as possible)

you take the line it entered the hazard FROM, which in this case is drawn from the flagstick to where it went in the water.

RGrabber

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know for sure if there is a rule that signing an incorrect scorecard is no longer a penalty.

They didn't wave the rule for slow play for the kid. But I guess the kid learned that he has not won enough tournements to be exempt from the rules.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kid was also warned several times about his slow play and is different than this scenario.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the big deal is. :noidea:
It's not like this is the first time he has dropped his balls somewhere he shouldn't. :drum:

LMAOOOOO

we need rep back.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the link in the OP:

The wording of the rule appears to be an either/or situation and it looks like Tiger may have thought he could elect option (b) and may not have realized that he must choose option (a) if possible.

This is the most sense I've heard anyone make of it.

Everyone else in this thread and on ESPN sounds like a fucking caveman saying "me want tiger gone" or "Me think tiger fuck too many women"

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make it any less true LOL.

Some Tiger hating asshole easily called it in.

People have called in these things before, and the PGA righted wrongs, but they were never called "fag" or "hater" before.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have called in these things before, and the PGA righted wrongs, but they were never called "fag" or "hater" before.

You're defending tattle tale's for the sake of a slighting me?

Jesus. You slippin homie.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all said and done Tiger will have a green jacket. :clap: :whoo: