• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods to be DQed

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, i read that on a dofferent Husker board..

If he didnt, then how did the cameras miss his rule breaking, and why is so much being put on an interview?

The cameras did catch him doing it (physicall).

The issue is his interview indicates he did it intentionally and strategically. Not by an accident. I could see the committee giving him benefit of the doubt if he hadn't admitted it in his interview. But it's a travesty not to DQ him now when he admits he cheated.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, he should probly be DQd then, i agree..

I dont pretend to understand golf rules tho

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
In most cases drop from water can be on the same line as far back as you wish. I personally think the rule states that since his ball crossed the water and rolled back in the drop should have been on the green side. Local rule makes him drop on the other side. If there was a drop area and he dropped out of it and signed an incorrect card he should be DQd. If no designated area...not sure why there is even a penalty.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regarding twitter

"Spencer Tolley ‏@Spencer_Tolley 3m

@SeeLarke It's easy for Chamblee to say just DQ. Nobody is talking about the fact that Tiger probably thought he dropped it on the point...."

why do people talk without knowing jack shit about the topic.
:L

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would put my money on him to win it all now. He's only 5 back.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TW has been giving a 2 stroke penalty and will not be DQ'ed

No chance those smug fuckers at Augusta National would kick TW out of a tournament. CBS would have a major stroke

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Tiger had any integrity, he would DQ himself. He KNOWINGLY went 2 yards back for a better drop. You can't do that.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he wins by a shot if the 2nd place player would dispute it. That would be epic.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm calling it now. Tiger wins by three, just to thumb his nose at all his haters. Then goes home and pile drives Lindsey Vonn.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger Woods assessed 2-shot penalty at Masters

I guess they changed the rule about 2 years ago to protect players from themselves, just the 2 stroke penalty, no DQ for incorrect scorecard.

But under new rules enacted by the United States Golf Association and R&A in 2011, a player can have penalty strokes added afterward when facts were not reasonably presented at the time of scorecard signing.

2013 Masters -- Tiger penalized 2 strokes for ball drop on 15 - ESPN

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the link in the OP:

If a ball is found in a water hazard or if it is known or virtually certain that a ball that has not been found is in the water hazard (whether the ball lies in water or not), the player may under penalty of one stroke:

a. Proceed under the stroke and distance provision of Rule 27-1 by playing a ball as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was last played (see Rule 20-5); or

b. Drop a ball behind the water hazard, keeping the point at which the original ball last crossed the margin of the water hazard directly between the hole and the spot on which the ball is dropped, with no limit to how far behind the water hazard the ball may be dropped;

So what did Tiger do wrong?

Tiger didn’t elect option (a) because he dropped the ball a couple yards behind his divot, so it wouldn’t be “as nearly as possible at the spot” of the original shot.

The wording of the rule appears to be an either/or situation and it looks like Tiger may have thought he could elect option (b) and may not have realized that he must choose option (a) if possible.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the link in the OP:

The wording of the rule appears to be an either/or situation and it looks like Tiger may have thought he could elect option (b) and may not have realized that he must choose option (a) if possible.

it IS either/or

what happened is he didn't like b) {bad angle, tree}

he thus chose a) but didn't follow it . and he verbally explained that he strategically violated the terms of a) {not as near as possible}