• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger is chasing 59!

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tiger 6 1/2' away from birdie on 17.. the hunt continues

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed it

EOT

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone yelled mashed potatoes when tiger hit his drive.. thats funny

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
risky shot out of the rough.. if he pars it will tie course record..

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great recovery shot on 18.. can still birdie.. but very tough putt..

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does this in a major, this would be news.

This isn't a major... yawn. Sorry.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shooting 9 under par in any tournament that is not a major is boring?!?! WOW! You must play this well every time you play huh? :lame:

Like him or not, Tiger is a heck of a player and anyone who can play that well on any given day is far from being boring. He has the WGC in the bag and on to the major. I am thinking Tiger is PGA POY with Phil in second.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shooting 9 under par in any tournament that is not a major is boring?!?! WOW! You must play this well every time you play huh? :lame:

Like him or not, Tiger is a heck of a player and anyone who can play that well on any given day is far from being boring. He has the WGC in the bag and on to the major. I am thinking Tiger is PGA POY with Phil in second.

No big deal - the haters will hate regardless. Who knows how he will play in the PGA Championship. It could go very well - perhaps not. However - this does not make him a bad player as many haters maintain. It is amazing to me that some people have zero respect for someone who almost has 80 PGA wins (while most players would kill to have 2 or 3) & might have 100 when all is said & done.

I feel very confident that he will win several more majors - he just may not win it this week since the competition is very strong & a lot of things have to go your way to win one. Oh well - keep hating - you just make yourself look foolish.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol. So I guess if someone shot a 58 or 59 it would mean absolutely nothing if it was not in a major - right? Using your logic - why even play tourneys except for the majors? Makes a lot of sense. :L

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel very confident that he will win several more majors - he just may not win it this week since the competition is very strong & a lot of things have to go your way to win one. QUOTE]

Taking nothing away from Firestone...he played great on of his favorite tracks. If Tiger wins a major in the next 2, then I think his confidence will be back and he will easily pass 18. If he doesn't have one after the Masters, I think he will start to press a lot more and may not get there even though I certainly think he'll win another major.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel very confident that he will win several more majors - he just may not win it this week since the competition is very strong & a lot of things have to go your way to win one. QUOTE]

Taking nothing away from Firestone...he played great on of his favorite tracks. If Tiger wins a major in the next 2, then I think his confidence will be back and he will easily pass 18. If he doesn't have one after the Masters, I think he will start to press a lot more and may not get there even though I certainly think he'll win another major.

You could be right. I don't believe that will be the case but who really knows. The amt of pressure in those situations has to be unreal. For every other golfer - it is like "Nice try - you are getting close". For Tiger it is almost like "What is wrong with his game - he is awful" which is not exactly true since many times he has been close.

There are other golfers who have favorite courses but none of them have won there 8 times - Tiger has performed that feat at 3 different courses! The drama this week will be amazing & compelling both for Tiger lovers & haters. Should be fun.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone yelled mashed potatoes when tiger hit his drive.. thats funny
I loved the way people were yelling "go Eldrick". that absolutely infuiates Woods.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the way people were yelling "go Eldrick". that absolutely infuiates Woods.

I don't really think this infuiates Tiger as much as people think it does. I remember when people were calling Chipper Jones "Larry". Maybe it bothered him at first, then he fed off of it and still hit homers. Tiger was still able to produce a win despite the ignorant people at golf events who have too much to drink. Remember when the guy threw a hotdog at Tiger? What was that about?

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL, I think Tiger will be ok even if he doesn't win another major before the master's like you think. Think of some of the other older players who have come back out of no where to win a major. He is the kind of guy who will do what ever it takes to win, including changing his swing.