• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger is chasing 59!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right. I don't believe that will be the case but who really knows. The amt of pressure in those situations has to be unreal. For every other golfer - it is like "Nice try - you are getting close". For Tiger it is almost like "What is wrong with his game - he is awful" which is not exactly true since many times he has been close.

There are other golfers who have favorite courses but none of them have won there 8 times - Tiger has performed that feat at 3 different courses! The drama this week will be amazing & compelling both for Tiger lovers & haters. Should be fun.

Drama...very true.

Because of the scandal, etc with his wife, the luster is knocked off TW a little, but even for the haters...I think we're seeing (in my life time for certain) a player for the ages. He's the modern day Babe Ruth. Nicklaus, came along in the 60s...it took 30+ yrs for another player to challenge the historical once thought untouchable records in golf.

With the money, instant fame, media scrutiny and demands, and did I mention the money...I think it will be impossible to have another TW in the game of golf. In fact I don't think there will be another Annika either.

Wie...the pressure/fame/money/expectations killed probably the most physically talented female player ever. Inbee Park just got a little taste of what Tiger deals with every day. Rory is struggling now.

We have a local radio golf show on weekend, and the guy Katrek, gets a lot of pro golfer interviews and when asked what is it like to play with Tiger, they all say it's an experience that you just can never get used to it.

What makes this major watch very interesting is, right now Tiger is still the best player in the world. It's not like he's past his prime chasing a record.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL, I think Tiger will be ok even if he doesn't win another major before the master's like you think. Think of some of the other older players who have come back out of no where to win a major. He is the kind of guy who will do what ever it takes to win, including changing his swing.

He could very well do it, but he knows Augusta National probably needs to factor (perfectly set up for him) if he's going to win 19 and every April passing without a win has to weigh on him a little I would think.

I think he'll win more majors, but 5 is going to be tougher and tougher to get if he doesn't win one soon.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drama...very true.

Because of the scandal, etc with his wife, the luster is knocked off TW a little, but even for the haters...I think we're seeing (in my life time for certain) a player for the ages. He's the modern day Babe Ruth. Nicklaus, came along in the 60s...it took 30+ yrs for another player to challenge the historical once thought untouchable records in golf.

With the money, instant fame, media scrutiny and demands, and did I mention the money...I think it will be impossible to have another TW in the game of golf. In fact I don't think there will be another Annika either.

Wie...the pressure/fame/money/expectations killed probably the most physically talented female player ever. Inbee Park just got a little taste of what Tiger deals with every day. Rory is struggling now.

We have a local radio golf show on weekend, and the guy Katrek, gets a lot of pro golfer interviews and when asked what is it like to play with Tiger, they all say it's an experience that you just can never get used to it.

What makes this major watch very interesting is, right now Tiger is still the best player in the world. It's not like he's past his prime chasing a record.

Good points. I also am pretty sure that most of those golfers (excluding Garcia) are glad that Tiger has accomplished so much since it has resulted in a lot of extra money in their bank accts. Regardless of how people view Tiger you have to respect his focus since he could have easily just disappeared a few years ago.

Anyhow - I hope that everyone just enjoys the upcoming PGA Championship since there are so many good story lines. No need to simply focus on hate for someone - what a waste of time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. I also am pretty sure that most of those golfers (excluding Garcia) are glad that Tiger has accomplished so much since it has resulted in a lot of extra money in their bank accts. Regardless of how people view Tiger you have to respect his focus since he could have easily just disappeared a few years ago.

Anyhow - I hope that everyone just enjoys the upcoming PGA Championship since there are so many good story lines. No need to simply focus on hate for someone - what a waste of time.

I think the theme is those guys all love they are playing in the Tiger era, but nobody would trade shoes with him.

The tour money is one thing, but it's the money off the course that has made these guys multi-millionaires...when Jim Furyk can make $6.750 mil a yr off the course, Sergio $12.250 mil in '11) you know they are thanking TW all the way to the bank.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think this infuiates Tiger as much as people think it does. I remember when people were calling Chipper Jones "Larry". Maybe it bothered him at first, then he fed off of it and still hit homers. Tiger was still able to produce a win despite the ignorant people at golf events who have too much to drink. Remember when the guy threw a hotdog at Tiger? What was that about?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but it sure was funny. Much as I detest the guy, I would never verbally harrass him at a tournament. Rooting aginst him is as far as I will go.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL, I think Tiger will be ok even if he doesn't win another major before the master's like you think. Think of some of the other older players who have come back out of no where to win a major. He is the kind of guy who will do what ever it takes to win, including changing his swing.

He'll win the British next year at Royal Liverpool. He won there before without hitting a single driver. he can do it again.