• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thurmond out 4 games

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BC Bud,there is ton's of grow houses here hell KING5 News went to a guys warehouse where he was growing hundreds of plants,i know of about five people that grow weed just in my area.

Altough unproven. I swear a House across the back yard and off to the right is either a Growop or a drgu house. Why else would most of their light be on when i go to bed sometimes at 1 in the morning?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be,another tell tell is piles of dirt often showing up and then no planting in the yard.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Y'know for some reason this guy didn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the box on draft day.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pissed about this. WHAT A F'KING MORON... you played for one of the best teams in the NFL right now and they are fighting for home field , why even do anything that could hurt your team. No sympathy.

With BB and now Thurmond out, we should be concern for the Saints game, 1 side of the field just became open. No disrespect to Maxwell, but Brees and the Saints are going to attack the non-Sherman side all night.

Ugh.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason to hate Oregon....what a fucking dumbass!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pissed about this. WHAT A F'KING MORON... you played for one of the best teams in the NFL right now and they are fighting for home field , why even do anything that could hurt your team. No sympathy.

With BB and now Thurmond out, we should be concern for the Saints game, 1 side of the field just became open. No disrespect to Maxwell, but Brees and the Saints are going to attack the non-Sherman side all night.

Ugh.

Maxwell can play though… That guy has impressed me big time since pre-season… He's a gamer…

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just got to shake your head at the stupidity. We are all tired of the violations of using banned drugs. It has got to stop.

The timing also sucks, with Browner hurt. Luckily Maxwell and Lane have shown they can step in when needed. You know the Saints are going throw in their direction. Adds a little more drama to the Saints vs Seahawks.

This would be a great time for the offense to step up and control the clock and put up some points. With all our OL back and Harvin also, I think it could happen.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxwell can play though… That guy has impressed me big time since pre-season… He's a gamer…

We have great depth at secondary so I don't doubt that Maxwell is a gamer and he can step in to fill some big shoes. However, it still does not change the fact that Brees is most likely going to attack that side of the field.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn on what to think of this.
On the one hand, it is really stupid to be in a position as an NFL player, KNOWING that they test and what the penalty is and still doing it... seriously, just have a beer, or a shot, or a bottle of wine.
On the other hand, it is asinine that the NFL cares or tests for it... it is definitely no worse for one than alcohol or tobacco. The only reason they test for it is because it is easy to test for... Thurmond could have done hardcore, dangerous drugs days before and after his drug test and not popped.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 games for weed is ridiculous. Nothing but the NFL's farce of being "hard on drugs" when a high percentage of the players are jacked up on HGH. Total farce.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid as it is... he should've never put himself in that position knowing full well what the policies are. It's also up to the coaches to remind players not to do anything stupid during a BYE week as well.

This is all about a player being irresponsible when he know what the rules are.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have great depth at secondary so I don't doubt that Maxwell is a gamer and he can step in to fill some big shoes. However, it still does not change the fact that Brees is most likely going to attack that side of the field.

No question…. There gonna attack him… He'll handle it fine though I have confidence in the guy… Biggest key is our pass rush and getting pressure on Brees… We should be fine there.. I"m sure Mad Max is happy for the opportunity….. He's a big corner also… 6.1 has good speed and has shown good coverage skills…

Last edited by a moderator:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression weed was legal now... Not sure how that falls under a banned substance anymore.. Definitely doesn't improve your performance.

Amendments don't change leagues' stances on marijuana

Despite the legality in Washington and Colorado, a person could in theory still face federal charges, as it is still illegal federally, and federal law usually trumps state law. But, what really pertains to this situation is that the NFL immediately reinforced their policy as soon as the laws were passed, and also let those players who played on the team in those states know that there was no change to the policy. Legal in WA or not, he knew the NFL's policy. Now it's up to Lane to step up.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as we lock onto Sproles / Thomas with Irvin and Wright & have Wags underneath and Kam over the top on Graham, we'll be just fine on MNF.

PC/JS have done A+ drafting but the one pick I really wanted was to grab AVerner when he was sitting there for us in round 4 of 2010 and we took WT3. Verner was an All-American and great baller at UCLA. WT3 was injured.

Oh well, WT3 is rated much higher by our fanbase than any accolades I've directed his way.

WT3 won't be back and even if he didn't get a 4 gamer, is he really worth what someone else would pay? nah. Hawk free agent DB's will be in high demand but both WT3 & BB can bolt. We'll be fine w/out them and will get blessed when Simon returns. We have bigger $$ fish to fry and PC/JS will show us how to manipulate the cap.

We'll be just fine w/out WT3.

Go Hawks! :suds:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, a former duck that coug'ed it. :L

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was half expecting him to get hurt before BB came back anyway.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid as it is... he should've never put himself in that position knowing full well what the policies are. It's also up to the coaches to remind players not to do anything stupid during a BYE week as well.

This is all about a player being irresponsible when he know what the rules are.

This wasn't a bye week thing. It was a positive test, so this had to have happened a while ago. I'm sure that it took a few weeks to get the results back and then when it was positive, I'm sure the league went and had the sample tested again to make sure it wasn't a false positive. That takes a while. It wouldn't surprise me if the test was administered back in September or even earlier.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't a bye week thing. It was a positive test, so this had to have happened a while ago. I'm sure that it took a few weeks to get the results back and then when it was positive, I'm sure the league went and had the sample tested again to make sure it wasn't a false positive. That takes a while. It wouldn't surprise me if the test was administered back in September or even earlier.

Still doesn't matter, I'd still remind the players not to do anything stupid during the BYE especially this late in the season and in the hunt for home field advantage. Let's face it, the group we have now isn't exactly the most disciplined either.

The BYE week wasn't referenced at Thurmond as I know fair well of the process that takes place with the NFL drug policy.... it's a matter of players not doing anything dumb with their time off.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doesn't matter, I'd still remind the players not to do anything stupid during the BYE especially this late in the season and in the hunt for home field advantage. Let's face it, the group we have now isn't exactly the most disciplined either.

The BYE week wasn't referenced at Thurmond as I know fair well of the process that takes place with the NFL drug policy.... it's a matter of players not doing anything dumb with their time off.

I get what you're saying now. I heard that Carroll made sure to stress to the players that they were in the midst of a special season and asked that they not do anything to upset that. This thing with Thurmond is the only thing we heard about all week, so hopefully the guys heeded that advice and avoided doing anything to upset things any more than the Thurmond news already has.