• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thurmond out 4 games

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to substance abuse non PED.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? This SUCKS! What an asshole thing to be doing during the season.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you serious?? god what an IDIOT, in my opinion if you test positive for a substance abuse in pro sports your a MORON. Seriously your only doing football activities like 8 or 9 months of the year why cant they just wait till the offseason to do drugs? with browner out i feel were thin enough as it is at corner so who going to play behind Sherman? jeremy lane and byron maxwell? is tharold simon back from injury?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously thurmond??? This comes on the eve of the most important game of the season and the game where we need our corners the most!

I know probably 60-70 % of the league does some sort of recreation drug but come on this is our potential super bowl year...fricking hold off on it for a few months...as an athlete that has to trigger in your mind doesn't it?

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks CB Walter Thurmond faces 4-game suspension

Walter Thurmond, the Seahawks nickel cornerback, is facing a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora confirms. Thurmond will begin serving his suspension next week in order to be ready for the playoffs. NFL.com's Ian Rapaport originally reported the suspension.

Thurmond plays behind Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner, and though he only makes a base salary of $630,000 this season, he's scheduled to be a free agent this offseason. On the season, he's made 31 tackles to go with an interception, a sack and six defended passes.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported earlier this month that the team likely would lose Browner and Thurmond to free agency.

"Both are coveted by several teams who have the duo sitting atop their free-agent rankings. While overshadowed by guys like Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas on a national level, the duo are well positioned to earn big raises in free agency, with it unlikely the Seahawks will be able to get them extended before then," La Canfora wrote. "Browner has been a standout since emerging from the CFL, and Thurmond has battled injury issues, but when healthy has performed at a very high level and is well regarded by other organizations."

Last season, Browner and Sherman were suspended four games for using Adderall, but Sherman's punishment was overturned on appeal. Since 2011, five Seahawks have been suspended for violating the substance abuse policy.

No word on what 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh thinks of all this.

Seahawks CB Walter Thurmond faces 4-game suspension - CBSSports.com

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so that everyone knows i work with drug testing if the positive just now came out then the drug test was probably done around preseason. probably smoked during training camp were they dont get tested. Its not like it was done last week and he was like "saints game whatever let me light this up"

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that would also mean that he has tested positive before correct? Don't you get a warning for your first positive test, and then four games for your second. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid these athletes are. You get paid so much money and all you have to do is not screw up, don't smoke weed, don't drive drunk (cough Aldon), don't get arrested, and enjoy never having to get a real job. Just dumb...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Im in the military if you test positive once thats your career. Im sure its like that with any job that have drug tests

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He finally has been healthy and worked his way into the starting nickel role and this is how he "celebrates?" What a moron, especially after what this team went through last year with suspensions. Dumb, just dumb.

Since this is a contract year for him, I wonder how much this is going to cost him?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the suspension was started by the seahawks. I think pete wants him to serve it now so we can use him for the playoffs

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an idiot. Selfish, Selfish, Selfish.

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression weed was legal now... Not sure how that falls under a banned substance anymore.. Definitely doesn't improve your performance.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxwell is a guy I like allot... We shouldn't miss a beat... Next guy up... Hopefully Browner comes back strong soon enough.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression weed was legal now... Not sure how that falls under a banned substance anymore.. Definitely doesn't improve your performance.

Its legal in Washington, yes but any employer can and still has weed as an illegal drug. Meaning they have ever right to fire or fine or suspend if they test for it. Seeing as how only two states have approved weed, the likely hood of that rule changing soon is unrealistic. Also if all 50 states agree weed should be open to anyone the employer still has the right to tell its employee not to do weed. Something I think is going to come up more and more as people start to enjoy weed in Washington and than find themselves unemployed.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its legal in Washington, yes but any employer can and still has weed as an illegal drug. Meaning they have ever right to fire or fine or suspend if they test for it. Seeing as how only two states have approved weed, the likely hood of that rule changing soon is unrealistic. Also if all 50 states agree weed should be open to anyone the employer still has the right to tell its employee not to do weed. Something I think is going to come up more and more as people start to enjoy weed in Washington and than find themselves unemployed.

Gotcha…

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off. Good ole BC Bud. Always gonna get you in trouble

2nd. Someone should take this guy"out back to the woodshed"(wrestling fan. The line just seemed to fit). If you don't care enough for your team to not get high and fail a drug test. Just a complete dolt

3rd. Something caught my eye.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported earlier this month that the team likely would lose Browner and Thurmond to free agency.

Who is gonna be next to play with sherman? I worried about drafting a corner(atlanta this year)

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BC Bud,there is ton's of grow houses here hell KING5 News went to a guys warehouse where he was growing hundreds of plants,i know of about five people that grow weed just in my area.