• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dunlap

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Carlos has been non-existent this year and is on the books with an $8.5 million cap hit and $5.6 million in dead money if we cut him (they might be able to split it over 2 years). The coaching staff has lost in him recently:
*17 snaps against the Cards
*4 snaps against WFT
*7 snaps against 49ers

Now he finally woke up against the 49ers and made 2 very big plays in his very limited time, but what is his future with the team after this season? Should we keep him and ride out the contract or cut him and take the penalty hit?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh you bring up great questions....

I find it odd we'd sign Dunlap to such a large contract (I was for one very happy about that contract) and then play him very little or bench him all together... Reports are he's unhappy about his lack of playing time. He appeared to show up in the San Fran game but hasn't shown a lot outside of that.

IMO cut him, he's not part of the future... he's getting old, not a QB, and has work ethic concerns (which is the entire reason he was not drafted in the early 1st round). He clearly mailed it in after Seattle gave him the contract... and no surprise... same as Clowney.... it's just a thing. I blame the FO more than the actual player.

Send him packing, start the younger guys and see what ya got. Seattle seems to be somewhat doing this okay defensively, but meanwhile signs Adrian fuckin' Peterson on offense? I just don't get it.... You were 3-8 and now 4-8 granted, but.... start some 5 year old for all I care, see what ya got.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunlap is reaching the part of his career when he needs fewer snaps.

When playing more than 40% of teams snaps

238 snaps, 7 tackles, 3 QB hits 3 Passes defensed

Under 40% snaps

103 snaps, 12 tackles, 1.5 sacks 1 TFL 2 Qb hits, 2 Passes defensed

I'm not saying he should have just 7, but I'd be happy if he was only getting 20-30 a game.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was blown away when I heard after one of the recent games that he only played 6 snaps. It's only a $900k savings if he's cut after this season, but that seems more likely than him being on the roster next year if they don't even really want to play him now. (Unless, of course, we have a new HC who feels differently.)