• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the game

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start with mine but throw yours in.

1) Defense - what's old is new again. The Beard and Harrison are beasts. And keep in mind two things: Troy was out last night AND we're missing Shazier. Wait till we get them back!

2) The Ravens are dirty. They know they can't win straight so they play dirty. That hit on Blount from behind last night should have gotten Suggs ejected. How many personal fouls did they have last night?

3) Defenses are taking the stance of, 'We're going to shut down the run and make Big Ben pass' and they're getting burned.

4) Our young WR's are coming on strong. One is a rookie and the other is a sophomore so we're going to have them for a while.

5) 2nd week in a row we've gone for it on forth and inches and got the TD. But hey, if the Ravens are still going to keep trying to win when they're down by 19 with 3 minutes left, we have to keep scoring. What did the Ravens say after that last TD against the Bucs? "That was out of respect". Well, OK then.

6) Winning cures all ill's. Early in the year people were screaming for Tomlin and/or Haley to be fired. I'm not hearing any of that now. And no, I wasn't one of them.

7) We're doing a better job on penalties but we still have work to do. Lots of presnap penalties last night.

8) We're looking like we may make the playoffs this year but the AFCN is going to be tighter than a virgin's honeypot. It's a log jam at present and it's probably going to stay that way. I think the Ravens will drop back the further we get on but that still leaves three teams.

9) Long way to go. 4 of our next 5 are on the road - which leaves most of our games after that at home for the finish.

10) Secondary did a great job last night even though they're young...let's see if they can keep it up.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we got a good balance of "old guys" and youth on the D now .. people have said we need all youth well ya need that fine balance .. the old guys have something to bring still

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already recapped it, I'll respond to yours.

1...JH did turn back the clock...should get the game ball imo, but he is 36 y/o, can't expect that every week...we need to get JJ back in there at some point.

2...this game brings out the worst in both teams, but I agree on the Suggs hit...I expect he'll be getting an envelope from the league on that one...clear intent there.

3...this a little better pass blocking OL I think...especially against that BAL front 7...but they're not that great in coverage...good job by Haley to stay with what's working.

4..agree...I think still Bryant will be the #2 eventually and Wheaton the slot, but finally connecting with Wheaton a little better.

5...4th and 2 pass to Spaeth I think the intent was just to get the 1st down, but great play call vs that DEF and a missed tackle resulted in 6...was only a 2 possession game with nearly 2 mins left so I don't think "run up" is really in play.

6...indeed

7...yeah, not bad...I thought they played a fairly clean game in terms of keeping BAL drives alive with penalties

8...The entire DIV is still in play for the DIV...BAL have 4 hm games left, good chance they hang around the 9/10 win mark...CLE had an early bye, in the midst of 13 straight, only 3 hm games left and all 3 are going to be tough, plus 5 road gms, 8-8 I think would be a good finish for them truthfully...CIN...also had the early bye and only 3 hm games left, I think if CLE can split with them, and PIT splits with them, they will lose at least 4 the rest of the way...I said all that to say I think 10 wins will be right in the mix for the north...11 would likely lock it up.

9...agree...DEF needs to travel these next 2 weeks

10...Allen is going to have a rough time getting back on the field, but hopefully when he does, he'll pick up something from the aggressive approach these lessor talented, but hungry players are showing.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One question I'd like to throw out: Did it seem like the defense got better after Troy went down?

I think it did.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One question I'd like to throw out: Did it seem like the defense got better after Troy went down?

I think it did.

I thought Troy played a more disciplined game this time around, but the days of the DEF having a big drop off when he's not in there I think might be in the past now. Allen didn't make any noticeable plays, but more importantly, he didn't miss any...key for both S positions.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it did.

The D played better as a unit, I would agree..... But

Flunko had only 52% completions while Troy was in, after he went out Flunko's completions went up to 75%

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1454833_1567220060158776_2439963074077754148_n.jpg