• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This team needs a new coaching staff in the worst way

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ATL96Steeler @FaCe-LeE-uS

Le’Veon Bell shines light on more practice issues surrounding the Steelers

So if I am reading this correctly, yet another Steeler speaking out about coaching at practice.
Bell is saying all these penalties that Tomlin tells the reporter at half time that need to be cleaned up and shit...He is doing nothing. Bell says these same penalties are being made time and time again in practice, and nothing is done about it!!!

So they play like shit, because they practice like shit.......

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Rooneys fire people??

Trust me, Mike Tomlin is not the problem. Yes the two point conversion is a microcosm but definitely not the reason.

Stop listening to the media. Didn't the election teach y'all something :)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ATL96Steeler @FaCe-LeE-uS

Le’Veon Bell shines light on more practice issues surrounding the Steelers

So if I am reading this correctly, yet another Steeler speaking out about coaching at practice.
Bell is saying all these penalties that Tomlin tells the reporter at half time that need to be cleaned up and shit...He is doing nothing. Bell says these same penalties are being made time and time again in practice, and nothing is done about it!!!

So they play like shit, because they practice like shit.......

They played like shit the last 42 seconds of last week, but overall, they played a fairly clean game after the penalty filled game in BAL...maybe 4 penalties maybe.

Bell made his point the 1st time and I thought it was well timed...now, if he wants to get in player's asses during practice...that's cool, that's leadership, but continuing it in the media will start to make him the redheaded ugly stepchild in the locker room.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played like shit the last 42 seconds of last week, but overall, they played a fairly clean game after the penalty filled game in BAL...maybe 4 penalties maybe.

Bell made his point the 1st time and I thought it was well timed...now, if he wants to get in player's asses during practice...that's cool, that's leadership, but continuing it in the media will start to make him the redheaded ugly stepchild in the locker room.

Honestly @ATL96Steeler I am going to be shocked if Bell is with us next year!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Rooneys fire people??

Trust me, Mike Tomlin is not the problem. Yes the two point conversion is a microcosm but definitely not the reason.

Stop listening to the media. Didn't the election teach y'all something :)

Yes they do....Labeau and Arians contracts were not renewed...effectively fired.

The DEF simply does not have enough talent across the board...most Steeler fans know this, but Mike is part of the problem and it goes way beyond the 2pt failures in the DAL game. PIT under Tomlin has a long history of losing to teams with inferior records, every year they throw up 1 or 2 sloppy penalty filled games, his drafts have been somewhat average for a DEF minded HC.

Will he be fired? Probably not...the team was 10-6 LY won a playoff game with what most understand is a transition period with the DEF.

Should some changes be made if they don't make the playoffs?...imo yes.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they do....Labeau and Arians contracts were not renewed...effectively fired.

The DEF simply does not have enough talent across the board...most Steeler fans know this, but Mike is part of the problem and it goes way beyond the 2pt failures in the DAL game. PIT under Tomlin has a long history of losing to teams with inferior records, every year they throw up 1 or 2 sloppy penalty filled games, his drafts have been somewhat average for a DEF minded HC.

Will he be fired? Probably not...the team was 10-6 LY won a playoff game with what most understand is a transition period with the DEF.

Should some changes be made if they don't make the playoffs?...imo yes.

I should have said do they fire head coaches? That team has been successful for long periods of time, IMO in part because of their loyalty.

Mike Tomlin is still a top 10 coach in this league IMO.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly @ATL96Steeler I am going to be shocked if Bell is with us next year!!!!

Even with his warts, he's too good of a talent to just let walk...I think he'll be offered a contract that has some outs built into in case he falls off the weed wagon again.

I can only imagine every team will want similar language...but if he wants to max out and doesn't mind playing for a mediocre to bad team...I can see him leaving.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with his warts, he's too good of a talent to just let walk...I think he'll be offered a contract that has some outs built into in case he falls off the weed wagon again.

I can only imagine every team will want similar language...but if he wants to max out and doesn't mind playing for a mediocre to bad team...I can see him leaving.

I was reading an article....can't find it, but I'm still looking.... he just released a (c)rap CD and one of the songs has a line that says, if they don't pay me, I know someone who will. Now he has been getting all kinds of shit about it, but tells everyone, 'it pretty much says what it means'

So I think he has plans and they aren't with the Black and Gold.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have said do they fire head coaches? That team has been successful for long periods of time, IMO in part because of their loyalty.

Mike Tomlin is still a top 10 coach in this league IMO.

I've watching the Steelers since the Immaculate Reception yr which was '72 I think...in that span...no.

Noll retired, Cowher retired, there are some who believe that he wanted to continue, but wanted the HC/GM title like Parcells and some other guys were getting and that was not granted so he decided to retire...and of course Tomlin.

They are a patience group and as long as they think the team is going in the right direction under Tomlin, he will be the HC.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading an article....can't find it, but I'm still looking.... he just released a (c)rap CD and one of the songs has a line that says, if they don't pay me, I know someone who will. Now he has been getting all kinds of shit about it, but tells everyone, 'it pretty much says what it means'

So I think he has plans and they aren't with the Black and Gold.

Well his rap is true I think...but it's not going to change how the Steelers move forward...unless he no longer wants to be a Steeler, they will make him and offer.

I'm not that concerned...as good as he is...there will be another one...there always is.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watching the Steelers since the Immaculate Reception yr which was '72 I think...in that span...no.

Noll retired, Cowher retired, there are some who believe that he wanted to continue, but wanted the HC/GM title like Parcells and some other guys were getting and that was not granted so he decided to retire...and of course Tomlin.

They are a patience group and as long as they think the team is going in the right direction under Tomlin, he will be the HC.

That's pretty impressive. We already know the defense is in somewhat of a rebuild and he has had to deal with year after year injuries with Big Ben and Laveon Bell all while still keeping his team competitive. I think that is a testament to the HC.

I agree the drafts have been less than the desired outcome but how much does that actually fall on the HC?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well his rap is true I think...but it's not going to change how the Steelers move forward...unless he no longer wants to be a Steeler, they will make him and offer.

I'm not that concerned...as good as he is...there will be another one...there always is.

Yea, we will see if he wants to be Black and Gold if he decides to toke up again next season!!!!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jarvis jones demoted. James Harrison promoted to starting lineup.

Tomlin's bust 1st rounder in a (forced) contract year replaced by one of our few remaining Cowher guys who came out of retirement to keep playing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty impressive. We already know the defense is in somewhat of a rebuild and he has had to deal with year after year injuries with Big Ben and Laveon Bell all while still keeping his team competitive. I think that is a testament to the HC.

I agree the drafts have been less than the desired outcome but how much does that actually fall on the HC?

IMO '16 was one of his best coaching jobs since he's been in PIT...5 games w/o Ben starting...3-2 I think...they were 4-4 at one point, won 6 of 8 to close...made the playoffs, won a game on the road, and had a chance to beat DEN on the road.

This season, the expectations were a lot higher...and 4-5 right now is not sitting well.

On the draft...Kevin Colbert is the GM and effectively the main man. He has always worked very closely with the HC and even the position coaches carry a fair amount of input...they have several good picks in Tomlin's tenure, but the big sticking point has been pass rusher and many (including me) think Tomlin hand picked Jarvis Jones who dropped considerably...didn't do much at the combine, his pro day was not great, but his tape was and that sold Tomlin...he's been a bust as the 17th overall. CB has been a problem as well.

They were never going to rebuild the DEF in one or two drafts, but time is ticking on Ben's career and that obviously creates pressure to speed it up. They are better, but clearly not a SB caliber DEF yet. Not all his fault, but Tomlin has to own that....any HC has to.

Even if they don't make the playoffs, Tomlin probably won't be the guy to go. I could see some position coaches changing, maybe a coordinator.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jarvis jones demoted. James Harrison promoted to starting lineup.

Tomlin's bust 1st rounder in a (forced) contract year replaced by one of our few remaining Cowher guys who came out of retirement to keep playing.

Is this breaking news? Are you really surprised? We all know Jones has been a bust...Tomlin has to own that one.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this breaking news? Are you really surprised? We all know Jones has been a bust...Tomlin has to own that one.
That he's a bust? No, that's common knowledge for years. But Tomlin persisted in starting Jones for years, with better options behind him.

Why does someone we had already decided isn't getting a new contract next year starting and getting more playing times than a man behind him twice his competence?