• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This team needs a new coaching staff in the worst way

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of this groundhog day bullshit. Rooneys need to make a decision and soon

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of this groundhog day bullshit. Rooneys need to make a decision and soon
15037078_627260560784657_3365634932388508285_n.png

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on Tomlin's bandwagon...I don't expect anything to happen until after the season, but I think it's time to move on from MT if they don't make the playoffs and do something substantial.

I understand the other 3 times he went for it, the book says go, but at what point do you realize that 1 point is better than ZERO!

That's actually mute point since they allowed another ANOTHER rushing TD to seal a game...the more frustrating part to me was after getting away with a blatant facemask by Gay, Davis does it AGAIN on the same fucking drive!!!!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear that a Tomlin dismissal may lead to Haley as HC!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear that a Tomlin dismissal may lead to Haley as HC!

When I really start putting thought to Tomlin being let go...from a Rooney standpoint.

Ben has what, 3 more yrs in his prime and we know his prime is about 13-14 gms a year. So if they do stink up to close it out this yr and let Tomlin go...do they really want to start over with a new OFC regime? Probably not, you're right...I can see them promoting Haley to HC.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Packers and Steelers are going through the same problem at the same time. Maybe trading head coaches would do both teams a favor?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree Psych...McCarthy was known as an OC guru and struggling with arguably the best gun slinger in the league.

Cowher has not closed the door on a HC job he says...I'm guessing a little in the booth, but can he relate to today's player you think? Saban has said he's done with the NFL, but if he wins another college title...maybe. I hated him in DEN, respect his work in NE...what about Josh McDaniels?

I wouldn't mind seeing Cowher ride out Ben's career, but I'm not thinking it would happen.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see the Rooney's getting rid of Tomlin unless it was so blatant they had no choice. Several years in the 3-6 win range might do it. Just missing or barely making the playoffs isn't going to facilitate a change though. That's just not how they do business for better or worse.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Psych...McCarthy was known as an OC guru and struggling with arguably the best gun slinger in the league.

Cowher has not closed the door on a HC job he says...I'm guessing a little in the booth, but can he relate to today's player you think? Saban has said he's done with the NFL, but if he wins another college title...maybe. I hated him in DEN, respect his work in NE...what about Josh McDaniels?

I wouldn't mind seeing Cowher ride out Ben's career, but I'm not thinking it would happen.

FB_IMG_1479155599054.jpg

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, losing in a close, high scoring affair, against possibly the best team in the NFC I have no problem with. The defense is what it is and the offense did it's job. Going into this season I expected a few of these. What I didn't expect are the other meltdowns and the fact that we are sitting at 4-5 largely because the bread and butter of the team can't consistently show up on game day. That is coaching, if you ask me. I just don't think anything will happen with that any time soon.

And I'm not a Tomlin hater. Just a realist. I'm not even entirely sure I would want to see him gone. Yet. he needs to do a better job though. And he needs to start right now.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin has to be able to finish out the year. Don't want none of the kind of nonsense other teams have with interim coaches.
But he needs to be given a Bruce Arians Surprise! Retirement party at the end of the season.

I lost all faith with him with the late loss sealing punt concession a few weeks ago.

Sick of the way he drafts like he got Al Davis' brain after he was done using it.
Sick of the way he's buddies with the players, rather than running a disciplined ship.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been a Tomlin fan and he has made some stupid decisions through the years but this teams is a contender if they can get the defense to tighten up. They don't even have to be a top 5-10 defense. Just average. When Ben gets a little closer to retirement, that's when I would think it would be ideal to change the HC, if things haven't changed much in the mean time.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much would a coaching change hinder Ben's prime years? Does that set him back 1-2 years? I think I'd rather Tomlin change some philosophy, tighten his hold on the team, and demand more of everyone. See where that takes you. I don't want to start over. Yet.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, losing in a close, high scoring affair, against possibly the best team in the NFC I have no problem with. The defense is what it is and the offense did it's job. Going into this season I expected a few of these. What I didn't expect are the other meltdowns and the fact that we are sitting at 4-5 largely because the bread and butter of the team can't consistently show up on game day. That is coaching, if you ask me. I just don't think anything will happen with that any time soon.

And I'm not a Tomlin hater. Just a realist. I'm not even entirely sure I would want to see him gone. Yet. he needs to do a better job though. And he needs to start right now.

I can appreciate those viewpoints who don't, but I no issues with Tomlin as a HC...the tidbits that I've heard from what little insight I have...the coaches, the players like Mike, and they respect him. I'm about results. So that's where where my disappointment stems from...the results are far from where I thought they would be at this point in the season. If they turn it around...I'm fine with Tomlin next year...if they don't, I think it's time to shake up something on the staff.

Yeah, now that some time has passed, I'm over the DAL game and can take an overview look at the season...2 of the 5 losses were without Ben, and BAL he probably was 60-70% ready healthwise.

Every year we know Ben is going to miss 2 or 3 games...it's just the reality of the Steelers. When you have a championship level OFC that is the catalyst of the team, you can't rely on a back up QB that has proven he's not capable of winning games when called on....if this team had a Charlie Batch level back up, the Steelers probably win the MIA and NE games.

In either case, I'm pretty sure the staff will be intact the rest of the way this year so we'll have to see how the chips fall.