• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This rumor about Harbaugh has me worried...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't taken any rumor about "Harbaugh to the NFL" seriously over the past few years, but this one actually has me a little worried. It makes sense, and would be an AMAZING opportunity for Harbaugh if he still has NFL ambitions. I think if Harbaugh were able to beat Ohio State and/or win the B10 this year (that is a BIG if), than I don't see what would hold him back from jumping to the NFL again...especially if the Colts gave him TOTAL control.

10 reasons why Jim Harbaugh will be the Indianapolis Colts head coach (VIDEO) | FOX Sports

Although, Colin did say about 4 years ago that Harbaugh wouldn't go back to college...so maybe he is wrong here. From the perspective of power, and if Luck is not permanently injured, Harbaugh could return to Indy and possibly have an amazing situation. I mean, if they sit Luck all year, they are likely to only win a few games at best. They could have the top pick (or at least a top 3 pick), and be returning one of the best QB's in the league in his prime.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I must say I'm a little worried at the idea of it now.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take anything said on FS1 seriously, they employ Clay Travis and Skip Bayless.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he hasn't won has Natties at UM yet. :noidea:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he hasn't won has Natties at UM yet. :noidea:

I think if he were able to beat OSU and/or win the B10 this year, that would likely satisfy him (winning the B10 would likely make them a playoff team). I mean, there would be nothing to complain about as a Michigan fan (although many would complain). He has made a HUGE difference in the program since coming here, and if he left, the next coach would have 17 returning starters next year.

The questions are, 1) will he beat OSU this year? 2) will he get them the CCG?, and 3) will he win the B10 and be a playoff team?

So far, I'm not real confident in saying "yes" to any of those questions above (although I feel much better about the first question now).

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short term Harbaugh is the same as Urban Meyer faking another health issue and leaving Ohio State for Notre Dame.

It's going to happen sooner than later.

#amirite or what

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does he get an NFL job when he isn't that good of a college coach

:noidea:
Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 10.46.23 AM.png

When you win nearly 70% of your games as an NFL coach over a 4 year period, and the team you coached to the Superbowl, tanks the year after you leave, then you probably will get some attention from NFL teams.

It doesn't matter to NFL teams if all you can do is win 10 games a year in a Power 5 conference. They care more about the guy who already has an impressive resume in the NFL.