• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This rumor about Harbaugh has me worried...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short term Harbaugh is the same as Urban Meyer faking another health issue and leaving Ohio State for Notre Dame.

It's going to happen sooner than later.

#amirite or what

I'd be ABSOLUTELY shocked if Urban left the OSU for ND. I could see him leaving for ESPN or maybe an NFL job, but I don't see him leaving for another college job.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 166089

When you win nearly 70% of your games as an NFL coach over a 4 year period, and the team you coached to the Superbowl, tanks the year after you leave, then you probably will get some attention from NFL teams.

It doesn't matter the NFL if all you can do is win 10 games a year in a Power 5 conference. They care about the guy who already has an impressive resume in the NFL.

I think you're worrying over nothing!
I think Jimmy Jam is have a great time there and wont leave.....

Besides if you haven't noticed Jimbo has an issue with pain in the ass owners, Irsay can't stay sober long enough to fix his team, no way he takes that job!

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 166089

When you win nearly 70% of your games as an NFL coach over a 4 year period, and the team you coached to the Superbowl, tanks the year after you leave, then you probably will get some attention from NFL teams.

It doesn't matter to NFL teams if all you can do is win 10 games a year in a Power 5 conference. They care more about the guy who already has an impressive resume in the NFL.

Really? How many successful NFL coaches were once in the NFL, left for college, then came back to NFL?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're worrying over nothing!
I think Jimmy Jam is have a great time there and wont leave.....

Besides if you haven't noticed Jimbo has an issue with pain in the ass owners, Irsay can't stay sober long enough to fix his team, no way he takes that job!

I have heard bad things about Irsay. I just wonder if Irsay were to give up most the control of the team and pay Jimmy $10 million a year, if he would give him a try. Especially if Luck comes back healthy next year. The AFC is going to be hurting in the next few years if Big Ben, and Tom Brady step away from the NFL.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? How many successful NFL coaches were once in the NFL, left for college, then came back to NFL?

Why does that matter? If you can take over a struggling NFL team, win nearly 70% of the games over 4 seasons, and take them to back to back conference championships, and a superbowl....what more would an NFL team want from you as a candidate? I think most NFL teams would take that risk if they are looking for a new coach.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

b15b7814-b998-11e5-bd0d-79a5d41852f6-780x491.jpg

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't taken any rumor about "Harbaugh to the NFL" seriously over the past few years, but this one actually has me a little worried. It makes sense, and would be an AMAZING opportunity for Harbaugh if he still has NFL ambitions. I think if Harbaugh were able to beat Ohio State and/or win the B10 this year (that is a BIG if), than I don't see what would hold him back from jumping to the NFL again...especially if the Colts gave him TOTAL control.

10 reasons why Jim Harbaugh will be the Indianapolis Colts head coach (VIDEO) | FOX Sports

Although, Colin did say about 4 years ago that Harbaugh wouldn't go back to college...so maybe he is wrong here. From the perspective of power, and if Luck is not permanently injured, Harbaugh could return to Indy and possibly have an amazing situation. I mean, if they sit Luck all year, they are likely to only win a few games at best. They could have the top pick (or at least a top 3 pick), and be returning one of the best QB's in the league in his prime.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I must say I'm a little worried at the idea of it now.
Think your QB has this covered, no worries.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does that matter? If you can take over a struggling NFL team, win nearly 70% of the games over 4 seasons, and take them to back to back conference championships, and a superbowl....what more would an NFL team want from you as a candidate? I think most NFL teams would take that risk if they are looking for a new coach.

he stalled in the NFL, ran away from his successes to chase the money. why would an NFL team take a quitter and a money grabber?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he stalled in the NFL, ran away from his successes to chase the money. why would an NFL team take a quitter and a money grabber?

ha ha ha...do you really know why he left? (hint...it wasn't for the money)

ha ha ha...he stalled? I guess winning at a near .700 clip isn't enough for people to hire you these days...especially if you left for a high profile college job. :L

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, a coach that has a title stripped for cheating, then immediately bolts when the going gets tough?

not a lot of those, are there?

You asked what successful coach left the NFL for college, and then returned to the NFL. Looks like Petey did just that.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha ha ha...do you really know why he left? (hint...it wasn't for the money)

ha ha ha...he stalled? I guess winning at a near .700 clip isn't enough for people to hire you these days...especially if you left for a high profile college job. :L

yep...money grabber.

nfl, to college, back to nfl, back to college...and now back to nfl again?

it's obvious he can't get it done in the NFL, nor the FBS, nor the NFL and now the FBS again. money money money

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked what successful coach left the NFL for college, and then returned to the NFL. Looks like Petey did just that.

i asked you, kojak.

Petey was a shitty NFL coach before leaving to cheat in college. so no, he wasn't successful with New England or the Jets.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is... why are you even watching Fox Sports? C'mon man get off that crap.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i asked you, kojak.

Petey was a shitty NFL coach before leaving to cheat in college. so no, he wasn't successful with New England or the Jets.

ok...good call. Maybe Jimmy can be the first. :noidea: