• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is the least interesting CFP.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what your saying ... if you're not from the South East or Oklahoma ... this playoffs hold little interest. However, the NFL has made me a huge College Football fan, and I will definitely be watching ... all good respectable teams. I know the unholy team is missing, but it happens.

I would say little interest...just the least interest for me.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Fisher make this decision to go to A&M just a few days ago? Why are you saying that Fisher made his decision a month ago?

"Jimbo Fisher leaves FSU, takes Texas A&M job. After eight seasons, Jimbo Fisher is leaving Florida State, accepting the Texas A&M head coaching job. After eight seasons, Jimbo Fisher is leaving Florida State, accepting the Texas A&M head coaching job. 2 days ago".

You need to speak to those in the know.

The AD at AM was the AD when Fisher was at LSU.
This thing has been in the works for a year.

The Admin was alerted that something could be up by an asst coach.

I wrote in a thread a month ago that Fisher had been told by FSU Boosters/Admin
that he was going to fire the OL Coach and DC at the end of the year or they would
have the new HC do the firing. That pissed him off. Fisher has always surrounded
himself with "yes" men. which is why we always make the same mistakes game after
game. (even when we're good, we make the same mistakes in games). Fisher has
never fired a Coach. Never. At the time Fisher had been told those things, FSU Admin
had already been alerted by the asst coach of something being up or not right.

Later he got questioned about the recruiting.

The way I hear it was a spokesman for the BOT laid out everything FSU knew about this
stuff and told him he would announce on Friday he was staying or he was resigning.

He's a micromanager, who is also a big baby. He throws tantrums and even though
he is folksy sounding and could be a likeable individual, not many at FSU ever warmed
up to him. Folks know how he underminded Bobby at the end of Bobby's career. That
always followed him around. Him costing the school a Million Dollars, in a payout, because
he kept the Winston accusation away from the Title IX compliance officer didn't win him
any friends.

We save a lot of money with him going like this. His buy-out to FSU is he has to pay
the remaining contracts of all of his assistants that we don't keep. That'll be around
5 to 7 million. He demanded early at FSU that all his assistants be given 3-year contracts.
We gave that to him. Now he can pay it for us. So the new coach can come in and
hire who he wants and we're not stuck with paying the assistants that he doesn't keep.
I'm pretty sure Odell Haggins will stay. He's our DL coach. He knows what he's doing
and he's an FSU Alumn. Long time coach who was our Nose Guard at the beginning of
our dynasty run. Dawsey's an FSU alum (WR coach) but I'm not sure about him.

A new guy always needs to keep one or two so the players have somebody they can talk
to and ease whatever fears they may have.

After Fisher left without speaking to any of the team, they really don't give a shit about
him anyway, so he helped us in that regard.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to speak to those in the know.

The AD at AM was the AD when Fisher was at LSU.
This thing has been in the works for a year.

The Admin was alerted that something could be up by an asst coach.

I wrote in a thread a month ago that Fisher had been told by FSU Boosters/Admin
that he was going to fire the OL Coach and DC at the end of the year or they would
have the new HC do the firing. That pissed him off. Fisher has always surrounded
himself with "yes" men. which is why we always make the same mistakes game after
game. (even when we're good, we make the same mistakes in games). Fisher has
never fired a Coach. Never. At the time Fisher had been told those things, FSU Admin
had already been alerted by the asst coach of something being up or not right.

Later he got questioned about the recruiting.

The way I hear it was a spokesman for the BOT laid out everything FSU knew about this
stuff and told him he would announce on Friday he was staying or he was resigning.

He's a micromanager, who is also a big baby. He throws tantrums and even though
he is folksy sounding and could be a likeable individual, not many at FSU ever warmed
up to him. Folks know how he underminded Bobby at the end of Bobby's career. That
always followed him around. Him costing the school a Million Dollars, in a payout, because
he kept the Winston accusation away from the Title IX compliance officer didn't win him
any friends.

We save a lot of money with him going like this. His buy-out to FSU is he has to pay
the remaining contracts of all of his assistants that we don't keep. That'll be around
5 to 7 million. He demanded early at FSU that all his assistants be given 3-year contracts.
We gave that to him. Now he can pay it for us. So the new coach can come in and
hire who he wants and we're not stuck with paying the assistants that he doesn't keep.
I'm pretty sure Odell Haggins will stay. He's our DL coach. He knows what he's doing
and he's an FSU Alumn. Long time coach who was our Nose Guard at the beginning of
our dynasty run. Dawsey's an FSU alum (WR coach) but I'm not sure about him.

A new guy always needs to keep one or two so the players have somebody they can talk
to and ease whatever fears they may have.

After Fisher left without speaking to any of the team, they really don't give a shit about
him anyway, so he helped us in that regard.
Thanks for the info.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cottion Ohio State vs. USC *
Fiesta Penn State vs. Washington *
Alamo Stanford vs. TCU *
Holiday Michigan State vs. Washington State *
Foster Farms Arizona vs. Purdue
Las Vegas Boise State vs. Oregon
Sun Arizona State vs. NC State
Dallas Utah vs. West Virginia

The PAC is lined up to make a statement regarding SOS and the committees process.A
Citrus Notre Dame vs. LSU may also make an impact.This could be extremely interesting

I agree. They have to take care of business. Then when they do...they need either their SID
or the Leagues SID to feed that to the news media on a constant basis. They need to hammer
home a change in the narrative.

If they don't do that or they fail on the field, then they have to accept what comes their way.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. They have to take care of business. Then when they do...they need either than SID
or the Leagues SID to feed that to the news media on a constant basis. They need to hammer
home a change in the narrative.

If they don't do that or they fail on the field, then they have to accept what comes their way.
They have a golden opportunity.To question why the PAC wasn't considered.Or given proper respect.Win these games and they make a big statement

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.....Clemson vs UGA for the National Championship?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a golden opportunity.To question why the PAC wasn't considered.Or given proper respect.Win these games and they make a big statement

They sure as hell do. The ACC was always shunned. Now FSU and Miami had a good name in CFB
but the rest didn't. Hell, most of them still don't. Clemson has joined the crowd. If they are
anywhere decent folks will notice them. That's because they win on the field of play.

Since the start of this new playoff format...Clemson is 7-2 vs SEC teams and FSU is 5-1.
We won our way into being respected again.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sure as hell do. The ACC was always shunned. Now FSU and Miami had a good name in CFB
but the rest didn't. Hell, most of them still don't. Clemson has joined the crowd. If they are
anywhere decent folks will notice them. That's because they win on the field of play.

Since the start of this new playoff format...Clemson is 7-2 vs SEC teams and FSU is 5-1.
We won our way into being respected again.
I think Miami is going to roll wisconsin.Really curious to see how thee games all play out.At this point I just cant wait for the bowls to begin

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac-12 and B1G are obvious shit this year. Ohio State and USC were run off the field in games this year. Georgia avenged it, and like OU, Clemson, and Alabama, managed to not lose twice. Wisconsin did too but forgot to win a good game once.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with Ohio State being left out but I don't want to see another SEC conference game.
I sympathize with conference champs not being respected, but the precedent has been set already on that front. The simple question I am going to ask is are Georgia and Alabama among the 4 best teams? If so, I can't really be mad at it. It's not as though it's the BCS where LSU and Bama show up without even a playoff game.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac-12 and B1G are obvious shit this year. Ohio State and USC were run off the field in games this year. Georgia avenged it, and like OU, Clemson, and Alabama, managed to not lose twice. Wisconsin did too but forgot to win a good game once.

False. There’s a lot more parity in the PAC
than the SEC or BIG12. The only thing that’s sucks about
the PAC 12 are the refs. Fact

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is parity because none of them are upper level.

You need a few teams to kind of separate themselves. Even in the years when the SEC was really strong with a bunch of good teams there were always a few that seperated themselves. Also, winning OOC games is huge.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Parity has nothing to do with quality. A conference could finish with everyone being 6-6 and although the parity is outstanding, the quality probably sucks.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And "what game did Bama win a good game once" this season? :L Bama couldn't even make it the SEC CCG. Actually Bama finished 3rd in the SEC his season!!!