• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is MUCH better!!!...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dana were to.. lets say "meet an unfortunate and unexpected end" in Morgantown today, I believe our next HC would be plucked from Huntington....and I don't mean the high school.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if Doc is the coach who can reunify our fan base or not.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it was tough that Terry Bowden's team went undefeated while under probation, I don't think it is widely accepted that his team won a NC. The school does not recognize it as a NC.

My ADHD won't allow me to connect the dots regarding all the great MAC coaches who've recently won NC's. I was hoping Gus would get one last night. That way WVU could hire the Morgantown High football coach when Dana gets fired.

BB, look at the link, many years there were several "national champions", including Terry Bowdens Auburn team. Anyway, a partial list of former MAC coaches: Brian Kelly, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Gary Pinkel, Terry Bowdenm Don James, Bo, Woody, Ara that's where MY ADHD kicked in.....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be danas last year here, I think he would have to almost win 10 games for some of our fan base to remotely support him...so in my honest opinion I think he would be gone, because our schedule next year is going to be brutal....Big 12 is going to be tough and our OOC schedule is no joke.

With that being said I hope Doc is not the first choice....

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be danas last year here, I think he would have to almost win 10 games for some of our fan base to remotely support him...so in my honest opinion I think he would be gone, because our schedule next year is going to be brutal....Big 12 is going to be tough and our OOC schedule is no joke.

With that being said I hope Doc is not the first choice....

At least Petrino is out of the running.
Bobby Petrino interviews with Louisville Cardinals - ESPN

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, look at the link, many years there were several "national champions", including Terry Bowdens Auburn team. Anyway, a partial list of former MAC coaches: Brian Kelly, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Gary Pinkel, Terry Bowdenm Don James, Bo, Woody, Ara that's where MY ADHD kicked in.....

I looked at the link... that is why I commented about Terry's NC at Auburn. It is not recognized by the NCAA... it is not recognized by Auburn.

Recognized National Championships by Team

Auburn (AL)
3 Major College National Championship Year(s)

No
Year
Record
Selector
8-0-0

National Champions

10-0-0

National Champions
14-0-0
National Champions

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it was tough that Terry Bowden's team went undefeated while under probation, I don't think it is widely accepted that his team won a NC. The school does not recognize it as a NC.

My ADHD won't allow me to connect the dots regarding all the great MAC coaches who've recently won NC's. I was hoping Gus would get one last night. That way WVU could hire the Morgantown High football coach when Dana gets fired.
:lol:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if Doc is the coach who can reunify our fan base or not.

First I am not sure the fan base is factured...more like unrealistic expectations....

For anyone thinking Dana doesn't have AT LEAST two more years is fooling themselves...ie see his buyout....Wv ain't sucking that up and then having to pay another HC the same salary or more....and Luck doesn't get bullied into doing anything he doesn't beleive is necassary........

In case you all missed it...Luck has positioned himself as one of the most influential AD's in the country..

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I am not sure the fan base is factured...more like unrealistic expectations....

For anyone thinking Dana doesn't have AT LEAST two more years is fooling themselves...ie see his buyout....Wv ain't sucking that up and then having to pay another HC the same salary or more....and Luck doesn't get bullied into doing anything he doesn't beleive is necassary........

In case you all missed it...Luck has positioned himself as one of the most influential AD's in the country..

While i want to agree with this I think anything can happen.

We have a fan base that is split in my opinion, mostly from uneducated thinking as to what should be our early returns on the field. The other thing is the bitching about Luck and what some think a AD should do...even though the position of AD is to raise money for the department our fan base wants everything to stay the same as it was, but still win titles year in and year out. Luck has done a fantastic job while at WVU, not just with the move to the big 12, but generating more $$$ for the department.

If DH does get two years i would be happy, then we would have his whole body of work and truly know if it is lack of talent or if the guy is just not ready to be a HC. I refuse to judge him against guys with years exp on him.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt the MAC's record is excellent when it comes to good coaches. I think Solich is a fantastic coach in his own right, tho aging.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While i want to agree with this I think anything can happen.

We have a fan base that is split in my opinion, mostly from uneducated thinking as to what should be our early returns on the field. The other thing is the bitching about Luck and what some think a AD should do...even though the position of AD is to raise money for the department our fan base wants everything to stay the same as it was, but still win titles year in and year out. Luck has done a fantastic job while at WVU, not just with the move to the big 12, but generating more $$$ for the department.

If DH does get two years i would be happy, then we would have his whole body of work and truly know if it is lack of talent or if the guy is just not ready to be a HC. I refuse to judge him against guys with years exp on him.

I think you hit the nail on the head...but here is the caveat...and where the lines get blurred just a bit..If Luck does care about what the fan base thinks..then its the fanbase who are donating to the MAC..not the ones who think just buying a 30 Dollar game ticket every now and then gives them some privledge to influence on what happens next...it just doesn't work that way...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the fanbase is most definitely fractured. Once Stewart was named coach, it caused a seismic shift within the MAC. As you remember, some deep pockets like Kendrick and others absolutely loved Rich and absolutely hated Stewart.

Raese has been a real player in the local market slinging mud at everything WVU the past two years. His camp is directly responsible for the further split among MAC supporters. Most definitely some of these good ole boy network gang members have been making noise and threats. Of course... they hate Dana because he was Luck's hand picked golden boy.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fanbase is most definitely fractured. Once Stewart was named coach, it caused a seismic shift within the MAC. As you remember, some deep pockets like Kendrick and others absolutely loved Rich and absolutely hated Stewart.

Raese has been a real player in the local market slinging mud at everything WVU the past two years. His camp is directly responsible for the further split among MAC supporters. Most definitely some of these good ole boy network gang members have been making noise and threats. Of course... they hate Dana because he was Luck's hand picked golden boy.

Ahh...see you agree with my last post and I would suggest you should "Re-Phrase"...is it the fanbase or the Donors that are fractured?...because I agree with you ..the "FAN BASE" is the MAC...:rollseyes:

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say I think if the Big 12 does not look to expand SOON we will be the UConn of the next round of expansion. The Big 12 has to be proactive to get to 12 NOW! They can add "high profile schools" later and make it 14, 16, etc., but 12 is important NOW. There's South Florida and Central Florida just waiting for someone, and Cincinnatti and Memphis would even be great choices as well. Get to 12..... THEN get choosy. That was teh SEC model. At the time, South Carolina and Arkansas were "huh?" choices by the SEC, but they upped their ante and now South Carolina and Arkansas compete rather regularly.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say I think if the Big 12 does not look to expand SOON we will be the UConn of the next round of expansion. The Big 12 has to be proactive to get to 12 NOW! They can add "high profile schools" later and make it 14, 16, etc., but 12 is important NOW. There's South Florida and Central Florida just waiting for someone, and Cincinnatti and Memphis would even be great choices as well. Get to 12..... THEN get choosy. That was teh SEC model. At the time, South Carolina and Arkansas were "huh?" choices by the SEC, but they upped their ante and now South Carolina and Arkansas compete rather regularly.

I think Louisville was a big miss...( BTW how do you all like that Bobby Petrino call...almost as good as my Oliver Luck prediction!)...but I do think as the television deals set to expire for the majority of these leagues in 5 years I think? There will be more movement even among the power conferences...maybe even Wv finds its way into the SEC next go around.........

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You hit it on the head, what I have been concerned about all along. The B12 right now is doing EXACTLY what the BE did, NOTHING. No "big time" schools are coming to the B12 anytime soon, pick up UCF to get the league a presence in Florida, I too think WVU and UL should have been sold as a package deal, and the B12 screwed up by staying at 10 schools, the next round of realignment will see the B12 gone, UT, OU, OSU, Baylor in the PAC, KU and IAST in the B11, WVU, TT, TCU, KSU, plus Cinci, UConn, USF, UCF all going for the last spots in the SEC and ACC, there are several schools in "big time" leagues now who will not be when it all shakes out.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF is a home run AD hire from being a much better get than UL in the very near future IMO. Better TV market, far better football recruiting grounds and better for WVU recruiting (as well as the rest of the B12) by offering FL kids a couple of games back home while playing for WVU. Put Bobby P and Rick P at UCF plus B12 money backing a baseball program in Florida and it doesn't take much imagination to see which school would be sexier long term, heck some would argue sexier than WVU (idiots :whistle:)
UL was in similar standing as UCF not all that long ago(or worse facility wise) and they have proven what hiring a sharp AD can do for a schools athletic department (not just in football).
I'd like to know where they(UCF) stand now after the BCS win as far as the "value" level that the TV folks want P5 programs to be. Lets face it, its not the Big12 that's the problem when it comes to not grabbing a few more programs, the TV folks determine that when it comes down to it. If UCF or anyone else would bring bigger tv contract money to the conference then you can bet the B12 would scoop them up in a heartbeat. The conference is NOT going to take a loss in revenue for a project program, it doesn't have to....yet.
Is an ACC raid def out of the question now? Is the Maryland ruling finished? I honestly havnt been keeping up.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gold, from what I have read, the ACC GOR is as strong or stronger than the rest of the leagues. The SEC is the only big league without a GOR, so the only teams on the table are SEC or smaller league teams. I think the Maryland settlement is still ongoing, I've not read much on it.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit it on the head, what I have been concerned about all along. The B12 right now is doing EXACTLY what the BE did, NOTHING. No "big time" schools are coming to the B12 anytime soon, pick up UCF to get the league a presence in Florida, I too think WVU and UL should have been sold as a package deal, and the B12 screwed up by staying at 10 schools, the next round of realignment will see the B12 gone, UT, OU, OSU, Baylor in the PAC, KU and IAST in the B11, WVU, TT, TCU, KSU, plus Cinci, UConn, USF, UCF all going for the last spots in the SEC and ACC, there are several schools in "big time" leagues now who will not be when it all shakes out.

Hmmm that is not exactly correct....the Big East over played a bad hand trying to re-negotiate a television deal and got nothing....the Big 12 JUST added Wv and TCU and negotiated the second largest television contract in College Football...

Why pay a UCF 125 million just to fill out to 12 teams when there are schools like Maryland that are willing to jump from one precieved power conference (ACC) to a real one in the Big 10?...I would suggest there are plenty of big schools that want to join the Big12, but as is the case with all the power conferences at the moment...and that includes your beloved Mountaineers BTW....no one can leave for another 5 years based on the agreements all these schools signed to get their TV deals......that my friend is why no teams have moved at this time...the only viable schools that has that flexibility at the moment is BYU.........