• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is MUCH better!!!...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not discounting what Juco's can due in a short term...but to think that its the model to build a program around for long term success to me is not the right thinking...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried all that much about the offense under Holgorsen , we need a QB and the OLine needs to come of age but his track record speaks for itself there, its just a matter of time and getting the players here. Now, that said, defense is a horse of a different color. I think this years Baylor team is near the final product that DH is striving for and while that IS fun to watch, I'm not sold on that style being what we are all looking for long term. The last two seasons the defense has went from non existent to a few flashes yet still awful. Bottom line is, the defense must get better or it will not matter what the offense does, the loses will mount, remember, this conference was in reload/rebuild mode last year from all the QB loses, its going to get better.

I think...and I hate putting words into Dana's mouth..what he likes about the Baylor program is quick decision making by the QB and a running game he can rely on...to me...and I am sure I will take shizza for it...Art Briles system ...is Rich's system to a fault!.........

Quick passes and power running game.....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it humorous, that one bad season gives the whole resume. If there is one thing I would critique it's the number of JUCO's that Wv has on its roster..IMHO it has been caused by the ripple effect of the numer of coaching changes over the last 5 plus years...I hope that as the program goes forward that it dwindles down to 5 at most...can't build a program in kids with 2 years of eligibilty and think you can sustain a winning program...

I was watching the Cotton Bowl, great game BTW....that OSU has 27 Seniors on their roster and 24 of them, if not starting get significant playing time...if they go .500 or worse next year will DAD say that OSU is in a Tailspin?...

Slaton, this is bad season #2......... IF 9-4 was reason to fire a coach, you surely can not claim 7-6 as anything but a bad season. You guys say Stewart left the cupboard bare, I see a coach who won with Stewart's players, and gets worse with each of his own guys he brings in. Something happened to the WVU team after the win at Texas last year, and they have yet to recover.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo holgerson ma be the greatest offensive coordinator i have ever seen he can score points defensively he aint got a clue neither have his chosen brains seem to have great recruiters maybe that is the way forward but luck seemed to make clear another bad season holgerson will not be hc just want to see growth on the field not on paper paper doesnt win championships

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would quantify as a "Shitty Team"? in your mind.

That is easy, Slaton. When a team shows that it is regressing in every way from week to week and year to year. After WVU set a school record with 7 seasons of 9+ wins, great victories against some of the big time schools, to sink to 7-6, then to 4-8 is a shitty team. A team that fields the worst defense in school history due to lousy coaching is a shitty team, a team with a winning season and a bowl game on the line who loses to two of the worst teams in CFB is a shitty team, a team with a supposed offensive guru as HC who gets shut out for the first time in a dozen years is a shitty team. There is no doubt that WVU football has sunk in two short years to irrelevance, they were talking on TV the other day of what a head scratcher it was that OSU lost to a "very poor" WVU team, when just a few short years ago, WVU was known as a giant slayer.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think...and I hate putting words into Dana's mouth..what he likes about the Baylor program is quick decision making by the QB and a running game he can rely on...to me...and I am sure I will take shizza for it...Art Briles system ...is Rich's system to a fault!.........

Quick passes and power running game.....
I cant disagree with that, is it too much to ask for a BALANCED attack?!?:lol:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant disagree with that, is it too much to ask for a BALANCED attack?!?:lol:

Where would WVU be now if "the product" had not ran from his "dream job"?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you suck horse cock dad go die

WOW, that is the best argument I have read on here, Jim, so well thought out, such intelligent insight.:lol:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is easy, Slaton. When a team shows that it is regressing in every way from week to week and year to year. After WVU set a school record with 7 seasons of 9+ wins, great victories against some of the big time schools, to sink to 7-6, then to 4-8 is a shitty team. A team that fields the worst defense in school history due to lousy coaching is a shitty team, a team with a winning season and a bowl game on the line who loses to two of the worst teams in CFB is a shitty team, a team with a supposed offensive guru as HC who gets shut out for the first time in a dozen years is a shitty team. There is no doubt that WVU football has sunk in two short years to irrelevance, they were talking on TV the other day of what a head scratcher it was that OSU lost to a "very poor" WVU team, when just a few short years ago, WVU was known as a giant slayer.

So let me understand this...You really beleive that Wv would have 9+ wins in those same 7 seasons if it had played in the Big12?..that is like saying Don Nehlen's all-time win record wasn't inflated!...:laugh3:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me understand this...You really beleive that Wv would have 9+ wins in those same 7 seasons if it had played in the Big12?..that is like saying Don Nehlen's all-time win record wasn't inflated!...:laugh3:

Funny thing is DH is part of the reason we had 7- 9 plus win seasons, but of course that is overlooked. He is part of the WVU undefeated in BCS bowl history....none of this matters to the old schoolers who were used to 7 wins a season, but now demand championships every season. Some of those idiots will say that the BE is as strong as the Big 12. :laugh3:

I mean how hard could the BE have been, our no class, no talent joke of a coach had the same conf record as the greats before him in his first season.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton, this is bad season #2......... IF 9-4 was reason to fire a coach, you surely can not claim 7-6 as anything but a bad season. You guys say Stewart left the cupboard bare, I see a coach who won with Stewart's players, and gets worse with each of his own guys he brings in. Something happened to the WVU team after the win at Texas last year, and they have yet to recover.

It is my opinion to share, but I don't think going 7-6 the first year in changing conferences and CLEARLY playing a tougher schedule was a bad year...couple that with the schedule of going back to back to Texas to play followed up two weeks later in going back across country was not let say going from Pittsburgh to Piscataway and then to Cinncinnati...

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stupidity level of dad is only out shined by he idiocy level please die dad your worthless you have gun in picture put it next to your head and pull the trigger promise to send dead roses to your grave

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban and Jimbo gave WV some love last night.

I counted four WV rooted coaches with titles....Holtz, Saban, Fisher, and I belive McKay(USC coach back in the day??)

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I counted four WV rooted coaches with titles....Holtz, Saban, Fisher, and I belive McKay(USC coach back in the day??)

I saw that last night when Saban slapped Jimbo on the back and said they were WV guys. It impresses me how many good CFB coaches WV produces, its not like we are loaded with people to begin with and HOW did I not know about McKay:doh:, thanks DC, learn something every day.

Last edited by a moderator:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy answer, we would have at least One NC in our pocket and prob already won a B12 title.
That's how WV coaches roll...unless they are named Stew, GRHS.

No doubt Gold and the cupboard would not be bare.:lol:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A little bit further back, and there is Schwartzwalder , Yost, who were from WVa. Look out when you look at coaches with ties to WVa. Bowden, Carr, Galen Hall, Terry Bowden, ALL NC "Winners"

By the way, for those who said I was full of it for saying go to a MAC team for a HC, take a look where these guys came from: College football national championships in NCAA Division I FBS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little bit further back, and there is Schwartzwalder , Yost, who were from WVa. Look out when you look at coaches with ties to WVa. Bowden, Carr, Galen Hall, Terry Bowden, ALL NC "Winners"

By the way, for those who said I was full of it for saying go to a MAC team for a HC, take a look where these guys came from: College football national championships in NCAA Division I FBS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While it was tough that Terry Bowden's team went undefeated while under probation, I don't think it is widely accepted that his team won a NC. The school does not recognize it as a NC.

My ADHD won't allow me to connect the dots regarding all the great MAC coaches who've recently won NC's. I was hoping Gus would get one last night. That way WVU could hire the Morgantown High football coach when Dana gets fired.