• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is crap...Go Texas Go Big 12

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conferences huddled with purpose it said.

Tell me, how did the other conferences lose money because of the Alabama/LSU game in terms of ratings. They didn't.

What the conferences were losing however was far more. By not having a spot in the national championship they were losing the ability to recruit and compete with the SEC. Interest was dropping in their conferences because they weren't able to field winners. Look at how Michigan has been struggling to sell tickets this year. Why? Because they aren't winning.

By allowing just 1 team from a conference into things, it provides hope for that conference. They can tell recruits - you can play for the championship etc.

You do understand that BCS ratings didn't affect the conferences themselves right? Being left out however had big consequences for the conferences.

You are referring to one year… right?

I just want to keep up with your logic…

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football better off with playoff system - The Daily Tribune : Sports

4down… you gonna call out all these sportswriters and media talking heads… and former players of that bullshit rematch game?

Who be posting bullshit? Too funny…

Again, the SEC had been pushing for a playoff system for over 10 years.

I think it's funny that you claim any change is somehow proof of your "fan pushed" claim. These articles actually don't mention anything near that EVER. In fact, often times it proves the exact opposite. I mean you quoted a guy who wrote a book in 2010 about getting rid of the BCS system - a full 2 years before the game in question.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty can be said about the SEC teams in a negative light. But nobody cares about the conspiracy and bias loser excuses and frankly, it's pretty dumb. If you can't acknowledge a conference is tougher in general and that certain things go with that, then that's on you.

Prove it.

The top two teams from the SEC were beat in their OOC bowl games last year. One of which against a heavy underdog.

The basis for the SEC is best drumbeat was that they had won so many consecutive NC's. That has been broken.

SEC is good. SEC West is real good. Better than any other conference?

Prove it. Can't be done scheduling so many patsies and cherry-picking bowl matchups.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found more support for my proposition… fans helped a change to the college playoff system… weird I tell you…

BCS Head Says There's No Playoff Because We Don't Want Student-Athletes To Miss Exams

It's been awhile… let me repost my quote…

Bill Hancock interview on Cleveland, Ohio radio station…

1. BCS head had nothing to do with the conferences voting.

2. Nothing in that article supports a sudden swelling of people wanting playoffs. Again for like the 100th time - Basically EVERYONE except the conferences themselves wanted a playoff before that game was ever played.

There was no big increase in people who wanted a playoff as a result of the Alabama/LSU game. The fans were already in favor of a playoff before the game even happened.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, BB, you sure can argue both sides of an argument, did you forget to change names so as not to look so ...........

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure… the fact that the Pac 12 has its own network with no connection to ESPN… that the Pac 12 Championship game is televised by FOX… has nothing to do with it… right?

Conference network games are 3rd tier rights. You understand what that means right? You do know that CBS, not ESPN, has SEC 1st tier rights and that the SEC Championship game is televised be CBS? CBS gets it's pick of the best SEC game every week as well, not ESPN.

So explain to me how that is such a big deal for the Pac12, but isn't a big deal for the SEC.

4down… you can beat this horse some more… but, it don't make much sense to me. Why would I highlight a quote from the article stating the 2012 BCS NCG was the 3rd lowest on record… a quote that included the Orange Bowl as the lowest rated BCS game in history… if I wasn't making a definite point?

Because the Orange Bowl results had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Or are you claiming that the low Orange Bowl rating was the catalyst that brought us the playoffs?

All your Orange Bowl quote did was prove what I said about regional games bringing in lower ratings in general.

Again… go through the entire thread… find one post where I refer to the LSU vs Bama game as BCS. Make me eat crow. At least I will admit my mistake… as I did with the whole Plus 1.

What are you even talking about here? LSU vs Bama was the BCSNCG. So again, the question is why you brought up the Orange Bowl ratings to begin with in this discussion. You keep saying there was a reason for it, yet never say exactly what the hell it was.

Other conferences were tired of being left out of the equation? This is now your argument? How many years were conferences left out of the equation?

What kind of expert are you? I'm not getting any good education from you…

That is not "now my argument". It's been what I've said for years on the main college forum. The SEC has been dragging college football forward by the hair for years.

Which ones were being left out of the equation? Compared to the SEC that won more than 50% of all the BCSNCG? How about they were being left out the majority of years.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prove it.

The top two teams from the SEC were beat in their OOC bowl games last year. One of which against a heavy underdog.

The basis for the SEC is best drumbeat was that they had won so many consecutive NC's. That has been broken.

SEC is good. SEC West is real good. Better than any other conference?

Prove it. Can't be done scheduling so many patsies and cherry-picking bowl matchups.

I see, 2 games in 1 year makes a trend, but winning the national championhip more than 50% of the time in the history of the BCS doesn't, even as that only happened due to domination of it during the second half.

:lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help it if you can't put things together. It isn't up to me to help you figure things out.

You telling me to keep trying tells me all I need to know…

You are referring to one year… right?

I just want to keep up with your logic…

Oh look, I addressed your posts by the points, and in response you can't even give back a real response.

Go ahead and claim victory again, I think it's cute.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference network games are 3rd tier rights. You understand what that means right? You do know that CBS, not ESPN, has SEC 1st tier rights and that the SEC Championship game is televised be CBS? CBS gets it's pick of the best SEC game every week as well, not ESPN.

No shit! Well… I never..

So explain to me how that is such a big deal for the Pac12, but isn't a big deal for the SEC.

Um… you do know that ESPN owns the SEC Network… and not the Pac 12 nor the B1G Networks… right?

Obviously you're too fucking dense to get it… or you have your heels dug in so deep you won't admit that you do indeed get it.

You keep mentioning the ratings from the previous year of the BCS, which actually proves my point further.

Maybe you need a reminder… here was my original point to you…

Why do you feel the need to give us a history lesson?

You have a point… although the SEC on ESPN is promoted throughout each telecast of SEC teams, the nationwide sports channel has no interest in promoting the conference.

Which BCS game had the lowest TV ratings? And, you come on here and try and educate us that the common fan had nothing to do with the change to the playoff format… too funny!

I have shown articles expressing what the ratings meant to the changes we've seen. You want to make a point of this…

Because the Orange Bowl results had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Or are you claiming that the low Orange Bowl rating was the catalyst that brought us the playoffs?

All your Orange Bowl quote did was prove what I said about regional games bringing in lower ratings in general.

Not sure why you seem stuck on this point. The Orange Bowl ratings are absolutely a part of the point. You seem to have lost focus.

Let me help you get back on track.

I have said that fans were responsible for the change to the playoff from the BCS. You said it was conferences. I said the controversy of the bogus BCSNCG with an undeserving Bama provided the catalyst for change. I cited the poor ratings of that game as one way the fans expressed their displeasure with the BCS. Ratings across the board in 2012 were down…exception of one BCS game I believe. Fans were not attending the games…. fans were not watching the games. Even the LSU vs Bama game had one of the lowest sought after ticket prices for the game… and it was held in New Orleans!

Yes… college football fans had been clamoring for change for a number of years. I have no idea why you keep repeating yourself. Yes… the ratings had been falling in general for the BCS for awhile. But, the numbers hit a low for the BCSNCG not seen in years… especially disturbing during a time of tremendous growth of the game. Ratings and attendance of the BCS and BCSNCG were bottomed out in 2012. The fans had spoken…

Everybody understood the significance, and knew if ratings were poor for the 2012 BCS NCG, change might come sooner than later.

Auburn-Florida State draws only 9th-highest TV rating in BCS championship history | AL.com

The rating for the final BCS championship reflects in part why college football is going to a playoff next season. Six of the nine lowest-rated games in BCS championship history occurred since 2008.

Since the switch to ESPN, Auburn-Oregon averaged a 15.3 in 2011, Alabama-LSU did a 14.0 in 2012, Alabama-Notre Dame produced a 15.1 in 2013, and now Auburn-Florida State has a 15.3 overnight of metered markets in 2014. Ratings for the title game showed signs of decline even before the game moved to cable. Fox had a 15.8 rating for Florida-Oklahoma in 2009.

And, there you have it… the bogus 2012 rematch was the lowest rated BCS NCG in the last 3 years. Lower than the other regional game. An article from Alabama illustrates the point… and agrees with my argument… ratings reflect in part why college football is going to a playoff.

Within days of the bogus rematch… winds of change occurred. Fans wanted change… and a controversial bullshit rematch was the catalyst for the change fans wanted. No fan interest in ratings for BCS games… no interest in fans attending BCS games…

What did I say again…

And, you come on here and try and educate us that the common fan had nothing to do with the change to the playoff format… too funny!

Oh yeah… that's what I thought…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. BCS head had nothing to do with the conferences voting.

2. Nothing in that article supports a sudden swelling of people wanting playoffs. Again for like the 100th time - Basically EVERYONE except the conferences themselves wanted a playoff before that game was ever played.

There was no big increase in people who wanted a playoff as a result of the Alabama/LSU game. The fans were already in favor of a playoff before the game even happened.

I agree with your bolded comment. The people spoke loudly BEFORE the bogus rematch was played. That is why the ratings were so poor.

At least you posted something that wasn't just a bullshit opinion of yours… good work chief!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your bolded comment. The people spoke loudly BEFORE the bogus rematch was played. That is why the ratings were so poor.

At least you posted something that wasn't just a bullshit opinion of yours… good work chief!

It was happening for years before the game. Getting rid of the BCS for a playoff has been kicked around for years.

In 2008, everyone but the SEC and ACC voted against it. The last time they voted on it, nobody voted against it. The SEC dominated college football the entire time, eventually taking up both sides of the national champion and that caused them to change their votes.

Was it also fan pressure that had the SEC and ACC voting in favor of it? ESPN ratings? All this crap you keep trying to say?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was happening for years before the game. Getting rid of the BCS for a playoff has been kicked around for years.

In 2008, everyone but the SEC and ACC voted against it. The last time they voted on it, nobody voted against it. The SEC dominated college football the entire time, eventually taking up both sides of the national champion and that caused them to change their votes.

Was it also fan pressure that had the SEC and ACC voting in favor of it? ESPN ratings? All this crap you keep trying to say?

While you might want to say I'm posting crap… at least my argument is supported by tons of sources who've written countless pieces on the subject. I know… I know… 4down says it is only a PR stunt. The entire fan base of college football is so naive… only 4down has the truth really figured out.

I get it…

Was it fan pressure that had the SEC and ACC voting for a plus one? Are you asking me about SEC and ACC fans? I think both SEC and ACC fans would support such a vote with good reason.

ESPN ratings were just part of the picture. Please tell me you understand this point by now. To respond once again with any more nonsense from you would be disingenuous.

There had been controversy in the BCS and BCS NCG in the past. But, nothing reached the level of 2012 when an undeserving Bama team was given a rematch… making the regular season game meaningless.

Who could blame the conference presidents from voting to change after that travesty? SEC coaches voting the way they did…. it was unfathomable… and was a disgrace to the integrity of the game.

It was shameful… it was an embarrassment to all SEC fans…

kingbd1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about man up and play the match up!

Report: SEC, A&M would nix bowl game vs. Texas | CollegeFootballTalk

e “won’t support a Texas vs Texas A&M postseason matchup” because, Brown writes, “A&M has too much to lose from a potential loss.”:lame:

What a bunch of pu$$ies they didn't win crap with John and now they are scared to play their number one rival! Strong should take a copy of this on every recruiting trip.

Chip Brown is a mouthpiece for the Shorthorns. If you inbreds are dumb enough to believe this big pile of dog crap then you are even dumber than I thought. This is nothing more than a big spin job to try and help tu save a little face in the state of Texas with the kids they are trying to recruit. A&M is kicking the crap out of them in recruiting and furthermore, A&M offered to play Texas any time and anywhere after they left the B12 and Texas is he one who pussied out and said no.

Chip Brown is the same dumb ass who said there was no way the SEC would take A&M or that A&M would leave and said his sources were impeccable. Dude is a major horn ass kisser and a paid source for the shortwhorn propaganda machine. This is nothing more than a B.S. lying spin job. A&M would love to kick the crap out of Texas but we sure aren't going to kiss their ass in order to get to kick it.