• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is crap...Go Texas Go Big 12

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post I quoted of you was your first post on this topic. Before that the discussion was about ESPN bias. Don't get mad because someone calls you on your bullshit.

Well… the original post was about A&M not willing to play UT in a bowl game. The thread has been hijacked.

DC posted that he felt the SEC was considered no different than other major conferences before media, ESPN and the BCS affected its perception. A whole lot of truth there.

My first response to you was this…

Why do you feel the need to give us a history lesson?

You have a point… although the SEC on ESPN is promoted throughout each telecast of SEC teams, the nationwide sports channel has no interest in promoting the conference.

Which BCS game had the lowest TV ratings? And, you come on here and try and educate us that the common fan had nothing to do with the change to the playoff format… too funny!

Many voices of concern about the affect of ESPN's partnership with the SEC.

Bo Pelini on ESPN?s marriage to the SEC: ?I don?t think that kind of relationship is good for college football.? | CollegeFootballTalk

“I don’t think that kind of relationship is good for college football. That’s just my opinion,” Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini said Monday. “Anytime you have a relationship with somebody, you have a partnership, you are supposed to be neutral. It’s pretty hard to stay neutral in that situation.”

The Worldwide Cheerleader: ESPN and the College Football Playoff | Rolling Stone

Of the current power imbalance in college football that favors the SEC he said, as if to refute ESPN's aforementioned stake, "That's great for the SEC…That's great for the SEC Network…" But the SEC Network is ESPN. Even defenses of the network end up making the case against it.

I asked which BCS game had the lowest rating?

As I showed you in my next post… it was the Clemson vs WVU game…

The outcry from fans has reached a fever pitch in light of sagging bowl television ratings, which have declined 37 percent since 1998, the first year of the BCS. The lopsided national championship game last month drew a 14.0 rating — the third-worst in the BCS era — and West Virginia's 70-33 rout of Clemson in the Orange Bowl was the least-watched BCS game ever.

Seriously? You have to ask the following…

We are talking about National Championships. Who gives a crap if Clemson and WVU was the lowest rated bcs bowl game? Why would I even compare that to the NC, and obviously it has nothing to do with.

We were talking about the media, ESPN and the BCS… and how those factors affected the perception of the SEC. You gave us a history lesson of the BCS NCG… which I agree has had a major impact on the SEC's reputation. But, the BCS includes the BCS bowls… it is not just the BCS NCG.

ESPN cares very much that the Orange Bowl had the lowest rating in the history of the BCS. Couple this development with the controversy and poor ratings from the BCS NCG, and ESPN was ready to help initiate change. ESPN is a business that relies on ratings to increase revenue. I thought you said you worked in small business. Don't you understand how this works?

Look through this thread, I have clearly distinguished between the BCS and the BCS NCG. While you may not do so yourself, I feel it reduces the confusion to do otherwise.

The LSU vs Alabama rematch was not the 3rd lowest of all bowl games as you seem to be claiming with your underlined part, it was just the 3rd lowest of the national championship games - the list I gave you.

You really must be a dumbass. How the hell you get me claiming the LSU vs Bama rematch was the 3rd lowest of all bowl games is quite disconcerting. This was my quote…

The outcry from fans has reached a fever pitch in light of sagging bowl television ratings, which have declined 37 percent since 1998, the first year of the BCS. The lopsided national championship game last month drew a 14.0 rating — the third-worst in the BCS era — and West Virginia's 70-33 rout of Clemson in the Orange Bowl was the least-watched BCS game ever.

"We can't afford to be tone-deaf," Benson said. "We need to listen to the fans, and there's a strong undercurrent."

The underlined was clearly about Clemson and WVU only. No other way to interpret it. Sorry…

You were the one who said you were going to "let is slide" that the SEC was pushing for a plus 1. I merely pointed out that the plus 1 is what we have today, which you obviously didn't know when you decided to "let it slide" by pointing it out.

Maybe there is some confusion here. There were different Plus 1 models. The original Plus 1 involved teams playing their BCS bowl games, and a post bowl ranking system would determine the top 2 teams to play for the NC.

Why an unseeded plus-one model won't work as a college football playoff - ESPN

For that reason, it had been assumed until very recently that the "unseeded plus-one" would be the next step for college football's postseason. In this model, conference champions would be assigned to their designated bowl spots (Big Ten and Pac-12 to Rose, SEC to Sugar, Big 12 to Fiesta, ACC to Orange); the remaining spots would be filled through a selection process; all bowl games would be played; then the final BCS standings would be run after the bowls. The top two teams would play in the national championship game a week later.

To be honest, I did not know that Slive's preference was for a seeded Plus 1 until I recently looked it up. My bad…

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well… the original post was about A&M not willing to play UT in a bowl game. The thread has been hijacked.

DC posted that he felt the SEC was considered no different than other major conferences before media, ESPN and the BCS affected its perception. A whole lot of truth there.

The SEC wasn't as strong back then as it has been in recent history. Things in college football go round and round. Right now teams in the SEC are hot, before long it could be Pac12 teams that get hot or whatever. And you can bet the house that whoever is on top at that is going to get their cocks sucked by the media, ESPN and all the bowl type people the entire time they are on top.

How soon people forget the way ESPN and the media would slober all over Ohio St, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma and USC in the past. When teams win, they get featured.

My first response to you was this…

Many voices of concern about the affect of ESPN's partnership with the SEC.

Bo Pelini on ESPN?s marriage to the SEC: ?I don?t think that kind of relationship is good for college football.? | CollegeFootballTalk

Here's the part of that article that should have been a clue:

The relationship Pelini describes is ESPN’s partnership with the SEC in the SEC Network. But ESPN also has a relationship with Pelini’s own Big Ten. And the ACC. And the Big 12. And the Pac-12. And every other FBS conference.

That was a joke of an article that only gave examples of announcers saying stupid things. Actual research was done on the topic, it was found that SEC teams actually fall more than other conferences after a loss and rise less when they win.

What people claim to be happening in the polls and such - isn't actually happening.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sec-dominates-rankings-calls-secbias-rise-215214995--ncaaf.html

I asked which BCS game had the lowest rating?

As I showed you in my next post… it was the Clemson vs WVU game…

Seriously? You have to ask the following…

Why does a BCS bowl game matter? The lowest national championship game rating is higher than the best BCS bowl game rating. The 3rd worst rating was in comparison to other national championship games, not BCS bowls. So yeah, I see no reason why it matters.

We were talking about the media, ESPN and the BCS… and how those factors affected the perception of the SEC. You gave us a history lesson of the BCS NCG… which I agree has had a major impact on the SEC's reputation. But, the BCS includes the BCS bowls… it is not just the BCS NCG.

ESPN cares very much that the Orange Bowl had the lowest rating in the history of the BCS. Couple this development with the controversy and poor ratings from the BCS NCG, and ESPN was ready to help initiate change. ESPN is a business that relies on ratings to increase revenue. I thought you said you worked in small business. Don't you understand how this works?

Look through this thread, I have clearly distinguished between the BCS and the BCS NCG. While you may not do so yourself, I feel it reduces the confusion to do otherwise.

Uh, your claim is that 1 single game caused the playoffs to happen, and it was because of the fans and that the BCSNCG had such horrible ratings. Now suddenly it's about all the BCS games?

Wow, just how far will you go to avoid admitting it?

You really must be a dumbass. How the hell you get me claiming the LSU vs Bama rematch was the 3rd lowest of all bowl games is quite disconcerting. This was my quote…

The underlined was clearly about Clemson and WVU only. No other way to interpret it. Sorry…

So, in a discussion about ESPN, the SEC and the LSU-Alabama rematch being the game that caused the BCS to go away, Clemson and WVU ratings are proof why?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How soon people forget the way ESPN and the media would slober all over Ohio St, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma and USC in the past. When teams win, they get featured.

Umm… tOSU has fared pretty well the past two years. And, I haven't seen ESPN slobber all over them recently.

How many times has ESPN been to a B1G school for College Gameday the past two years? How many times have they been to an SEC school… just this year?

From the article you provided…http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sec-dominates-rankings-calls-secbias-rise-215214995--ncaaf.html

Quite a contradiction…

Jerry Palm of CBS.com, who spent years analyzing the college football polls while breaking down the Bowl Championship Series standings, said he hasn't noticed an SEC bias.

''Right now the name programs are in the SEC because they've been on a really good roll the last 10 years,'' he said Monday. ''Preseason is where I see the bias. By the time you get to the middle part of the season, most of that stuff has worked itself out.''

Hasn't noticed an SEC bias… except for the preseason. Too funny…. thanks for posting. Only proves what we have seen for the past 5 years… and, it's getting worse…

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/28/s...-bcs-popularity-and-pedigree-matter.html?_r=0

Participants in the Harris Interactive and the coaches polls, which account for two-thirds of the formula used to determine advancement to Bowl Championship Series games, nevertheless have to give it the old college try. But are they judging teams based solely on their performance? Or do biases and preordained notions about the teams’ quality enter into the equation?

The evidence points toward the latter. A team’s preseason ranking has a modest but statistically significant effect on its B.C.S. ranking at the end of the season, even after controlling for its quality of play as determined by computer systems.

A team that was unanimously ranked first in the preseason poll will be ranked one to two positions higher in the final B.C.S. standings than a team that had been unranked, even if both had the same computer ranking.

Why does a BCS bowl game matter? The lowest national championship game rating is higher than the best BCS bowl game rating. The 3rd worst rating was in comparison to other national championship games, not BCS bowls. So yeah, I see no reason why it matters.

College football's average bowl rating drops to lowest during BCS era | AL.com

It affects the revenue train. ESPN televises most of the bowls, and all of the BCS bowls. The fact that you don't see a reason why it matters is quite telling…

Seeing that you are a Straw Man, who would expect you to be honest at this point in time?

Uh, your claim is that 1 single game caused the playoffs to happen, and it was because of the fans and that the BCSNCG had such horrible ratings. Now suddenly it's about all the BCS games?

Wow, just how far will you go to avoid admitting it?

If you are trying to pigeon hole me, you fail once again. I clearly presented multiple quotes from executives of the BCS and conference commissioners citing the fans had spoken lima charlie. I clearly mentioned that your claim that college football fans had nothing to do with the change from the BCS to the College Football Playoff was nothing more than a bullshit opinion.

Once again… you try and go Straw Man on me. You ain't too good at this…

So, in a discussion about ESPN, the SEC and the LSU-Alabama rematch being the game that caused the BCS to go away, Clemson and WVU ratings are proof why?

Really?

Ratings = revenue. Come on Mr. Small Businessman…

Auburn-Florida State draws only 9th-highest TV rating in BCS championship history | AL.com

BCS bowls are a big deal to ESPN as they promote them hard. Ratings have been slipping, and the year I highlighted… 2012… provided a catalyst for change. Everyone understands this… except for you apparently. By moving toward a playoff with 2 semifinal games and a NC game… ESPN will hope for high ratings for the semifinal affairs… higher than what the BCS bowls provided in the past. Ratings = revenue…

The rating for the final BCS championship reflects in part why college football is going to a playoff next season. Six of the nine lowest-rated games in BCS championship history occurred since 2008. Monday's dramatic championship game was barely better than Alabama's blowout of Notre Dame last year (15.1 rating).

Burke Magnus, ESPN senior vice president of college sports programming, said the network's hope is the two playoff semifinal games approach viewership levels currently seen for the BCS Championship Game. Magnus hopes the new championship game is "substantially above that level."

And, there you have it. Viewership… which has been my claim all along…

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm… tOSU has fared pretty well the past two years. And, I haven't seen ESPN slobber all over them recently.

How many times has ESPN been to a B1G school for College Gameday the past two years? How many times have they been to an SEC school… just this year?

From the article you provided…http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sec-dominates-rankings-calls-secbias-rise-215214995--ncaaf.html

Quite a contradiction…
Ohio St has been under sanctions and such, and the Big10 is really down right now and everyone knows it. It's not because of hype or lack of it, it's because they lost to VT, and Big10 teams lose out of conference games year after year. So on top of that, what games does the Big10 have to offer right now that draw attention? College Gameday went a FCS school and to the Harvard game.

Sure do hear a lot of good things about Oregon. Wonder why that is? Because SEC? Or because they are a good team and have been for a few years now.

Hasn't noticed an SEC bias… except for the preseason. Too funny…. thanks for posting. Only proves what we have seen for the past 5 years… and, it's getting worse…

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/28/s...-bcs-popularity-and-pedigree-matter.html?_r=0

Preseason polls are biased towards big name programs no doubt about it. Why? Because it's a safe bet and has the highest chance of being true. Sure you see people who drop out every year and didn't belong. South Carolina was one from the SEC, and then you have teams like Texas who get in almost every preseason after having done nothing. That's about programs, not about conferences. If it had been Oklahoma instead of Oklahoma St in 2011, Alabama does not go. It's not conference bias.

College football's average bowl rating drops to lowest during BCS era | AL.com

It affects the revenue train. ESPN televises most of the bowls, and all of the BCS bowls. The fact that you don't see a reason why it matters is quite telling…

Seeing that you are a Straw Man, who would expect you to be honest at this point in time?

Still don't know what a Straw Man argument is I see. Actually calling me the Straw man itself lol.

And no, Alabama and LSU rematch did not cause the ratings to go down for WVU and Clemson. And the ratings go up and down all the time depending on the matchup. You can see it in your link as some games have big ratings increase over the previous year because of the teams.

If you are trying to pigeon hole me, you fail once again. I clearly presented multiple quotes from executives of the BCS and conference commissioners citing the fans had spoken lima charlie. I clearly mentioned that your claim that college football fans had nothing to do with the change from the BCS to the College Football Playoff was nothing more than a bullshit opinion.

Once again… you try and go Straw Man on me. You ain't too good at this…

And obviously they are going to say that no matter what, and you can't provide any evidence of the fans actually speaking to justify it.

Really?

Ratings = revenue. Come on Mr. Small Businessman…

Auburn-Florida State draws only 9th-highest TV rating in BCS championship history | AL.com

BCS bowls are a big deal to ESPN as they promote them hard. Ratings have been slipping, and the year I highlighted… 2012… provided a catalyst for change. Everyone understands this… except for you apparently. By moving toward a playoff with 2 semifinal games and a NC game… ESPN will hope for high ratings for the semifinal affairs… higher than what the BCS bowls provided in the past. Ratings = revenue…

The year before you highlighted had an even bigger drop, and the rest of your paragraph about more revenue would have been true no matter what combination of teams had went to the NCG. You keep trying to move the goal posts.

And, there you have it. Viewership… which has been my claim all along…

No, you've been claiming that the Alabama and LSU game triggered it. That fans were already wanting change long before that game was part of the proof why it wasn't that 1 game that did it. There was no real fan surge as you try to say because of that game.

The rematch drew a much higher number than the 1st game.

Try again.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure do hear a lot of good things about Oregon. Wonder why that is? Because SEC? Or because they are a good team and have been for a few years now.

Are you claiming college football fans hear and see Oregon as much as we see Bama?

Still don't know what a Straw Man argument is I see. Actually calling me the Straw man itself lol.

Yeah… you got me…

BTW…. keep arguing that my about the rating of the LSU vs. Bama BCS NCG… and not the actual proposition I made. Too funny…

What is that an example of? Man… I'm sitting here LOL at you…

And no, Alabama and LSU rematch did not cause the ratings to go down for WVU and Clemson.

Nope… the bogus BCS NCG had nothing to do with the ratings for the Orange Bowl. I totally agree with you. Not sure why you made such an inference…

No, you've been claiming that the Alabama and LSU game triggered it. That fans were already wanting change long before that game was part of the proof why it wasn't that 1 game that did it. There was no real fan surge as you try to say because of that game.

While I never made such a claim… I sort of wish I had… then I could have used this article to support myself..

College Football Final Exam Shootaround: Grantland Bids Adieu to the BCS «

Chris B. Brown: The fate of the BCS was decided on a late November weekend in 2011 — a weekend dubbed “F--- It Saturday” after Lee Corso dropped an F-bomb on College GameDay while a stunned Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit tried not to break character. No. 2 Oklahoma State, no. 4 Oregon, no. 5 Oklahoma, and no. 7 Clemson all lost, paving the way for an LSU-Alabama rematch in the BCS title game.

The all-SEC title clash after the 2011 season created the final momentum needed to replace the BCS with a playoff, but “F--- It Saturday” was incredible, and as we gain games under a playoff, I can’t help but wonder what will happen to the regular-season clashes that have defined college football for so long.

Oh yeah… I guess it does support my stance that the bogus rematch was the catalyst for change… so, I got that going for me…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another great article for you to peruse… 4down…

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chuck-the-bcs-175022477.html

When the outside pressure for a better system came, the bowl industry tried to wage a PR campaign, hiring lobbyists, media spokesmen and even Ari Fleischer, the former White House spokesman for President George W. Bush.

The PR assault was a disaster, of course, because not even the most brilliant spinmeister could squeeze such a heaping lump of coal into a diamond. Fans grew to hate the BCS even more with each laughable justification. By the end it wasn't the crime, it was the comedy.

Yeah.. the BCS did some PR… but, it didn't go as you told us it went. Fans grew to hate the BCS…

Who said this…

And, you come on here and try and educate us that the common fan had nothing to do with the change to the playoff format… too funny!

I'm glad I have some free time to enjoy this…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BCS commissioners reach consensus on four-team college football playoff - The Washington Post

In the morning, before entering what turned out to be an historic meeting, Delany gave what sounded like a eulogy for the BCS, describing it as a system that never “got the momentum that we would’ve liked to have gotten in terms of public acceptance.”

More PR? This is fun…

By the end of the afternoon, there was hope that the commissioners had finally come to terms with a system more amenable to fans.

What did I say in my original response to you…

And, you come on here and try and educate us that the common fan had nothing to do with the change to the playoff format… too funny!

Oh yeah… that's what I said…:lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Television ratings not kind to BCS title game - CBSSports.com

Did you watch Alabama beat LSU 21-0 to win the BCS Championship last night? If not, you weren't alone in finding your television entertainment elsewhere.

The overnight ratings for the BCS National Championship Game show that last night's rematch between Alabama and LSU was the lowest-rated title game in the 14-year history of the BCS, bringing in a 13.8 overnight rating, a 14% drop from last year's game between Auburn and Oregon. The previous low had been set in 2002 when Miami played Nebraska for the title and the game brought a 14.3 rating.

Weird… I find all of these articles…

Lookie what I found…

First of all, it seems many college football fans were serious when they said they didn't want to watch a rematch of a game they'd already seen, particularly one that ended 9-6 the first time and didn't exactly provide a lot of excitement.

What was it I first posted in response to you…

Oh yeah… that was it…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Television ratings not kind to BCS title game - CBSSports.com

The low ratings for the title game followed the trend of the other four BCS bowls as well, as the average rating of all BCS games dropped 10% from the 2010 season and 21% from the 2009 season. Again, this is likely a combination of the games now being broadcast on cable and college football fans who are tiring of the bowl system.

What was it I said in response to your post again…

Which BCS game had the lowest TV ratings? And, you come on here and try and educate us that the common fan had nothing to do with the change to the playoff format… too funny!

Hmmm…

Of course… there was this conclusion at the end of the article..

The good news is that with all the momentum that already seems to be in place for the BCS to add a plus-one system in the coming years, the drop in ratings may provide an additional kick in the pants.

Geeze… that sounds pretty much like what I said… huh?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 BCS Wrap: In Final Year, BCS Averages Highest Rating Since 2011 ? Sports Media Watch

Four of the five BCS telecasts increased over last year, highlighted by the most-viewed Sugar Bowl in thirteen years and the most-viewed Orange Bowl in five. With that said, the Orange and Fiesta bowls ranked among the ten lowest rated, least-viewed games of the BCS era (1999-2014), and the Rose Bowl tied its second-lowest rating ever.

Viewership=ratings=college football fans.

But, you gonna say fans had nothing to do with change? OK…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BCS championship ratings decline may spur welcome changes - The Washington Post

Is it possible that the Bowl Championship Series is finally listening, that it is finally going to take the opportunity of this year’s renegotiations to improve what should be one of the greatest sports products on offer, to be responsive to the complaints of its member schools, fans and the media who want to see a more competitive and less . . . silly system?

Well, probably not. But it is possible that the lower TV ratings for Monday night’s championship game and the realization that stretching the bowl season like a well-worn pair of Spanx until the marquee game ended up in the second week of January — a.k.a. NFL playoffs territory — was a bad idea. The BCS might not listen to the collective complaints of America, but it will certainly listen to the cha-ching of the cash registers.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another good one for you 4down… enjoy…

Did LSU-Alabama in 2011 cause the College Football Playoff?

Like Randle, those who played for LSU and Alabama at the time knew the rest of the nation had its fill of SEC football. They believe the scenario of two teams from the league playing twice in the same season with the latter game being for the national championship was the final straw for the four-team playoff that's taking flight next season.

"It definitely played a part just because people were getting so tired of the SEC," said former Alabama All-American center Barrett Jones, who is in his rookie season with the St. Louis Rams.

"I can understand how a lot people might not think that was fair, but I think in all reality, those were by far the two best teams in the country that year. We deserved to play again, but from a national perspective, that's probably what pushed us over the edge to the playoffs."

What was that last line? Probably pushed us over the edge to the playoffs?

Who said that?

Oh… yeah… I did…

Alabama didn't win its division or the conference, but got in the title game – and won it.

"Stuff happens," said former Alabama All-American Trent Richardson, who was third overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft. "I think for that year, the best two teams played on that day."

The LSU-Alabama rematch – though wildly popular in the Southeast – had the third-lowest television rating in the BCS era, which shows there wasn't a great national interest in watching the two teams play again.

Did this game… one of great controversy lead to the changes bbwvfan suggested?

"It left a distaste in people's mouths," ESPN's College GameDay host Chris Fowler said. "I don't know if it was a final push for the playoffs. It was certainly another piece of dissatisfaction with the BCS, and people outside of the SEC region certainly had SEC fatigue. I think that contributed to the rematch not being very popular for a lot of people."

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What… can you believe there is even more 4down?

Enjoy…

With one season left, how will BCS be remembered?

In January 2012, however, shortly after Alabama pounded LSU into submission in the BCS championship the conference commissioners huddled with purpose. A few short months later, they emerged after a series of meetings with the four-team playoff model. There were several factors in the sea change, but one was familiar:

"The No. 1, No. 2, No. 3, No. 4 and No. 5 reason is money," says Dan Wetzel, national columnist for Yahoo! Sports and co-author of the 2010 book "Death to the BCS: The Definitive Case Against the Bowl Championship Series." "It's the reason everything changes in America."

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, does BB like to talk to himself.....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football better off with playoff system - The Daily Tribune : Sports

The fallout finally came after the 2011 season, when Alabama was ranked No. 2 over the Big 12 champion Oklahoma State Cowboys, even though the Crimson Tide didn’t win their own division, let alone their conference. The ranking between No. 2 and No. 3 was one of the closest in BCS history that season, and resulted in the decision to switch to a playoff.

4down… you gonna call out all these sportswriters and media talking heads… and former players of that bullshit rematch game?

Who be posting bullshit? Too funny…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found more support for my proposition… fans helped a change to the college playoff system… weird I tell you…

BCS Head Says There's No Playoff Because We Don't Want Student-Athletes To Miss Exams

It's been awhile… let me repost my quote…

Bill Hancock interview on Cleveland, Ohio radio station…

What has changed that now it seems like at the very least you guys will take this under serious consideration or more serious consideration?

"Oh that's a good question. I think about this a lot and I think we have to be careful to read too much into what's happening here. This is very preliminary and we are a long way from making any kind of decisions and I do not sense any groundswell for a large – that being 8 or 16 team playoff, but I just think things change. At this end of this contract for example it would have been 22 years since the old bowl system. A lot of people look at me when I said that and said, ‘That can't be? It seemed like yesterday when the BCS got started.' Things change over time. I think we are hearing that many fans would like to do something different, so it's a matter of balancing that with balancing the important of the regular season and keeping the bowl tradition and also doing what is best for the student athletes."

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3