• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is comical....yeah no SEC bias

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, when you allow a team that doesn't belong - you are keeping out a team that does belong.

16 team playoff is a terrible idea and completely ruins the regular season. Do you even realize you are taking away any and all incentive to play tougher games during the year? I like that we played you guys to open the season, you would kill those kinds of games and many others like them. We need more of these games during the regular season, not less. Even among teams that don't make the playoffs you get way more quality games during the year.

I honestly don't know what some people are thinking or if they are at all with some of these suggestions.
It's done in every other division of college football and has been successful for decades.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 teams is too many. I cannot support anything above 8. But, a playoff only enhances the regular season. Just as we're witness to this year.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 teams is too many. I cannot support anything above 8. But, a playoff only enhances the regular season. Just as we're witness to this year.

There are ten div 1A leagues, and all those champions deserve a shot at winning the title. IMO, one of two things HAS to happen for real fairness to every team, either a 16 team playoff, OR go ahead and split div 1A into a "super" division and a "mid major" division.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is less argument between 16/17 than there is between 4/5 and even 8/9..at least with the bigger number you do give the small guys a chance and give the perception it is not all about the money(even though we all know it is). Admit it one of the best things about March Madness is the little guys making a run. My 2 cents.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How has it enhanced this season? Some teams still do not play anyone OOC?

Here is the number one teams OOC

University of Southern Miss
University of Alabama Birmingham
South Alabama
Tenn at Martinsville

Number 4's OOC
Boise ST
Louisiana Lafayette
Memphis
Presbyterian

At least FSU, Bama, Auburn have played some teams OOC. If anything this year has proven make your OOC cupcakes and hope that your conference has ranked teams.....which fits the SEC model.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot expect schools to have adjusted their OOC schedule on such short notice. The football schools just voted for a college football playoff 2 years ago.

IMO, the season has been enhanced because of more teams included today than last year.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the mulligan should go to the other teams that lost instead. Because someone is getting it. If your complaint was a team getting in over a P5 undefeated team, I could understand your complaint. But that's not what is happening here at all.

In a true playoff, there are no mulligans. You have to win to get in. The teams that are hot and healthy get in. What we have here is the BCS +2. Alabama may finish second in the East, not have to play in their CC game and still get in. That my friend is a mulligan.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are ten div 1A leagues, and all those champions deserve a shot at winning the title. IMO, one of two things HAS to happen for real fairness to every team, either a 16 team playoff, OR go ahead and split div 1A into a "super" division and a "mid major" division.

Sorry, but I cannot take this stance seriously.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end of the BCS happened because of the rematch. I could care less if Bama dominated the game. They did not deserve to play for a BCSNC. If you cannot win your own division... let alone conference... you do not deserve to play for a title... of anything.

Talk about demeaning the regular season... I guess the actual loss on the playing field to LSU in the regular season... meant nothing...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::agree:
You cannot expect schools to have adjusted their OOC schedule on such short notice. The football schools just voted for a college football playoff 2 years ago.

IMO, the season has been enhanced because of more teams included today than last year.

:agree:

If we were to go to 8 every team in the top 25 would still be in it. I think that there would be more interest in late season games.

Strength of schedule has been an issue for many years with the BCS, yet many schools take the route of easy games. Cud is to Alabama, Auburn, Oregon and the few teams that put 1 good team on the schedule to go with the traditional patsies. That status quo will be hard to change where an out of conference loss to a top team can mean the difference between having a legitimate shot or not (see WVU this year). Look at the undefeated teams and see how many OOC games they play against ranked opponents...None (not counting Notre Dame which I consider a conference game). Teams also get more beat up playing tough OOC teams which hurts them down the road.

Bottom line, it pays to play patsies. Most of the SEC has this all figured out.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just do not see how a playoff could "cheapen" the season, do you not still have to win to get there? I think a true playoff, based on winning your league, would make for MORE great OOC games, wouldn't you want to play the best teams in order to strengthen the team for the conference schedule? I do not see how anyone could argue that a third place team in one league DESERVES a spot in a four team playoff over an undefeated champion from ANY other league, or even a two loss champion from another league. The SEC teams do indeed play some good ball, but not to the extent of putting their also rans in a playoff over a conference champion, pure BS.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we were to go to 8 every team in the top 25 would still be in it. I think that there would be more interest in late season games.

Strength of schedule has been an issue for many years with the BCS, yet many schools take the route of easy games. Cud is to Alabama, Auburn, Oregon and the few teams that put 1 good team on the schedule to go with the traditional patsies. That status quo will be hard to change where an out of conference loss to a top team can mean the difference between having a legitimate shot or not (see WVU this year). Look at the undefeated teams and see how many OOC games they play against ranked opponents...None (not counting Notre Dame which I consider a conference game). Teams also get more beat up playing tough OOC teams which hurts them down the road.

????? FSU played Oklahoma State and ND, I give them props for playing a good OOC schedule, OSU was top 15 team last year, and was ranked when FSU played them, OSU had injury issues and fell a few notches, FSU couldn't help that. Miss St on the other hand played no one OOC. That is something I have liked about our schedule over the years, the attempt has always been made to have a decent OOC.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of things that came out of the first ranking was how the committee views the regular season... who you play... where you play... who you beat... then who you lost to and where.

Teams will not get a pass for playing pansies. MSU and FSU are #1 simply because they're undefeated in a Power 5 conference. The multitude of 1 loss teams were graded on wins and who they lost to.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With all the cancelled games that have happened over two years you can expect teams to have better OOC than this crap heap? Come on man! :suds:

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What no one seems to get (or wants to), is the real reason LSU is getting more attention than WVU despite our very similar story and circumstances.

The LSU losses were to 2 SEC Teams. As well, 3 of their 6 wins were against SEC teams.
Granted, they beat a horrible FLA team and a much improved (but still not great) KY.
And, oh yeah - they beat Ole Miss (I was impressed).

WVU, by contrast - only lost to 1 SEC team and OK - not in the SEC BTW. And they have proven to not to be the power we thought. And among our wins? Not a single SEC team, not a one. And the WV big win over a Top 5 team was against Baylor. Again, correct me if I'm wrong - but not an SEC team either.

So - there you go. I think it's clear that unless you play SEC teams every week, you are wasting your time. Sure - you might be good, but you are not SEC GOOD! And that is not just the opinion of SEC Fans.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the cancelled games that have happened over two years you can expect teams to have better OOC than this crap heap? Come on man! :suds:

What cancelled games are you talking about?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me how a real playoff ruins the season, if anything it makes the season more important, you would see more, not less big time games, as teams try to strengthen themselves for league play. I see a poll system, committee system, etc that has grown this myth of SEC superiority, yes the SEC has some very good teams, but that does not mean you just hand their second and third place team's a spot over other leagues champions.

Because the focus will only be based on winning the conference, and the other games will all be tune up games rather than big games. You don't strengthen your team by playing tough games constantly, you put extreme wear and tear on your team and you don't get to have your backups get experience that provides more depth.

I would think WVU of all teams should be seeing the difference in playing a good team every now and then and now being in the Big12 where you are playing higher quality competition week after week.

And we can all see in basketball how much the regular season matters - nobody hardly watches it in comparison to the tourney.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end of the BCS happened because of the rematch. I could care less if Bama dominated the game. They did not deserve to play for a BCSNC. If you cannot win your own division... let alone conference... you do not deserve to play for a title... of anything.

Talk about demeaning the regular season... I guess the actual loss on the playing field to LSU in the regular season... meant nothing...

Well the vast majority of people in the know disagree with you.

The college playoff was not added to prevent Alabama from being there in 2011. It was added to allow Oklahoma St to participate.

As I already pointed out, Oklahoma St lost the exact same number of conference games that Alabama did. The difference was - the team Oklahoma St lost to sucked so bad it didn't matter for the conference rankings, but Alabama lost to the #1 team in the country by a FG in OT(after missing like 5 FG).

So basically, according to you - Alabama would have been deserving if they had lost to Vandy instead of LSU. IMO, when your logic dictates that losing to worse teams is somehow a sign your team is more qualified for a national championship - maybe it's time to realize the logic is screwed up.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So now college football is nascar where it's about trying to draw interest to the sport rather than trying to find the best way to crown a national champion?

No thanks.