• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This could be trouble if true (TB12 Concussion)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure at this point if there is any way to prove it. I doubt any personnel person for the Pats would say they glossed over his concussion. So shouldn't lead to any lost draft picks but could lead to the NFL once again looking into their concussion protocol and trying to figure out how best to make sure they don't miss anything.

Having talked to players they said it is pretty easy to beat the tests. All they have to do is do as bad on their baseline test as possible without it completely looking like they are doing it on purpose. So the lower baseline then makes it very easy to pass the test in the actual season.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady probably has had several concussions over the years.

While I have to admit he's probably the greatest ever QB, he has to address the cumulative effect these concussions may have for him down the road.

I don't blame Geselle, she probably does not want to be married to a vegetable in 10 years.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately we all know what the league can do with one piece of unproven anecdotal evidence...

That said, I doubt the league wants to call into question the competence of their spotters and independent neurotrauma consultants at this point in the concussion protocol genesis.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure at this point if there is any way to prove it. I doubt any personnel person for the Pats would say they glossed over his concussion. So shouldn't lead to any lost draft picks but could lead to the NFL once again looking into their concussion protocol and trying to figure out how best to make sure they don't miss anything.

Having talked to players they said it is pretty easy to beat the tests. All they have to do is do as bad on their baseline test as possible without it completely looking like they are doing it on purpose. So the lower baseline then makes it very easy to pass the test in the actual season.
That would make sense, and I don't remember a hit last year that may have prompted the protocol. I don't remember the refs calling for protocol to be implemented, and I am leery that any reputable doctor would put his reputation on the line. It seems more likely Gisselle might not understand what a concussion is.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or she just thinks every time he gets hit he gets a concussion. Let's not forget her primary skill in life is the ability to walk in high heels.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would make sense, and I don't remember a hit last year that may have prompted the protocol. I don't remember the refs calling for protocol to be implemented, and I am leery that any reputable doctor would put his reputation on the line. It seems more likely Gisselle might not understand what a concussion is.

I'm guessing she understands but with all concussions they all have a different story. What level of concussion are we talking about? If we are talking a few mild grade concussions then those shouldn't be a huge factor. Symptoms last usually less than 15 minutes. Yes his head would need rest but an entire week between games and he should be good to go. Grade 2 he probably needs to sit out for a while to let his brain heal. And well Grade 3 I would recommend missing the entire season.

It wouldn't shock me if he does have a grade 1 concussion once a year playing football. It doesn't take a whole lot to trigger that level of concussion so even just a minor hit but his head landing wrong when he hits the turf could do that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell for all we know it could have happened in a practice.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell for all we know it could have happened in a practice.

Crazier things have happened. Isn't paying attention and ball comes and hits him in the head. Forgets that he doesn't have his helmet on and headbutts a teammate after a great play. The reasons are endless.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazier things have happened. Isn't paying attention and ball comes and hits him in the head. Forgets that he doesn't have his helmet on and headbutts a teammate after a great play. The reasons are endless.
He does administer one hell of a head butt

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giselle isn't an expert on anything including the English language. I'm not calling her stupid, the word concussion can be used on every play to describe the concussive trauma a thigh pad gets when a rb runs through a tackle... A certain concussive force happens each time a helmet is grazed without any concussive head affect.

Just because she used the word concussion in regard to her husband receiving concussions on the field does not mean he had measurable degenerative head trauma. And even absent the context we correlate to concussions, she still has merit.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is a patriot, he will be fine

Those motherfuckers even get away with murder

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arcane legalities aside, I don't think dying alone in a prison cell quite fits the criteria for getting away with something.