• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This better be ^!#$^! wrong

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to New England!

1: Patriots would never sign him
2: Johnson will not leave Detroit, he'll be back

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but would go up to $18m a year.

If I were sitting in on the talks -- I would simply put JJ Watt's contract of 6 years 100 million in front of him and say how much do you REALLY think you deserve?

Watt is the best defensive linemen in the NFL. To even think of paying Suh more than Watt would be crazy. I'd offer Suh 6 years 80 million max. He would still get a "raise", he would still be the highest paid DT, but it wouldn't be a ridiculous amount.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like fog quit toking the reef, you've seemed down for a while now man. Hope all is well.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were sitting in on the talks -- I would simply put JJ Watt's contract of 6 years 100 million in front of him and say how much do you REALLY think you deserve?

Watt is the best defensive linemen in the NFL. To even think of paying Suh more than Watt would be crazy. I'd offer Suh 6 years 80 million max. He would still get a "raise", he would still be the highest paid DT, but it wouldn't be a ridiculous amount.

I used to think 6 years 80 mill was insane but someone made a good point about nfl salary inflation. By the end of that contract that probably won't be close to what DT's are getting by that point.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this in response to me acting like shoktart?[/QUOTE

No. Shok was an emotional mess. You usually are hilarious, haven't seen that side of you in a while.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to think 6 years 80 mill was insane but someone made a good point about nfl salary inflation. By the end of that contract that probably won't be close to what DT's are getting by that point.

I don't think it is going to rise too much from there for DT's over the length of his contract. My only reason why is -- the top DT's, Atkins, McCoy and Suh will all be on their current contracts. Atkins has 4 more years after this one. McCoy gets a new contract after this year, same as Suh.

With Watt signing the deal he did -- It pretty much, IMO, put an end to any talks of Suh or McCoy getting 100 million dollar deals from their team or on the open market.

My guess is they get in the 13-14 million range for 6 years with roughly half of the contract guaranteed. That is why I made the 6 year 80 million guess.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought for a second it would be a either or situation as IMO Suh wants to test FA and he will find a Dan Snyder willing to over pay him.

As good as Suh is he isn't worth anything over 13-14 million a season and thats stretching it.

As for CJ I am at the point I would trade him for the best deal possible when he shows he is healthy! receivers his age and size do not get healthier as they get older. And at some point we need to blow up a few of these huge contracts that keep the Lions in salary cap hell. Problem is people remember CJ of two seasons ago.

New England stays relevant because they will move guys that were franchise stalwarts it's a business and winning is what matters. If we can get a first and some extra picks it would be worth it. Look at what Cleveland was able to do with their extra picks and they keep making good trades like swap picks with Buffalo and pick up another first for Sammy Watkins.