• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This article thinks it's a possibility that

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but this is the EC. Being completely neutral.....

Philly
Boston
Toronto
Indy
Milwaukee
Washington
Miami

are the 7 locks for the playoffs. There is 1 spot open and the dropoff after Miami is pretty steep.....and I think the Cavs will be right there if Love is healthy. If I had to guess right now? I'd say the 8 seed would be Detroit IF they are healthy.

Love played in the WC with Minny. And as much fan as we had in the playoffs saying James was carryingb the worst team he had to the Finals.....there are some pieces.....

I expect Love to put up 22ppg and 9rpg. Doubt he will duplicate his Minny numbers since he is older.

Hood.....if he comes back and guessing he will, can score 13-15ppg.

Clarkson is good for about 13ppg. Smith 9-10ppg.

Hill can start and put up 9-10ppg ands 6apg. Sexton backs him up and pitches in say 8ppg and 5apg.

Korver can average 10ppg.

TT can do 8-9ppg and 7-8rpg. Nance, 8-9ppg and 5-6rpg.

Frye 5ppg.

Osman who knows? 5-6ppg.

The point is this.....as long as Love is healthy and carrying the load they could be right there and slip in the playoffs.
I think there is a decent chance Osman could start at the 3 and easily score 12+ points a game this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a decent chance Osman could start at the 3 and easily score 12+ points a game this year.

So you think Brandon Ingram can't score more than 16ppg but Cedi Osman is a 12ppg player?

Holy shit you're dumb.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Brandon Ingram can't score more than 16ppg but Cedi Osman is a 12ppg player?

Holy shit you're dumb.
He's hardly dumb he's just a ridiculous homer. And so what? That's what we're all doing here, talking up our guys and shitting on the other team's guys. Of course, some of us are more blatant than others. And @WiggyRuss is King Homer LOL

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy shit you're dumb.

That is possible.

But only because the Lakers are a good team who just added an all time great, while Cleveland is a mediocre team that lost the same all time great and now has a gaping hole in their lineup. If Osman earns 30 minutes, he could absolutely get 12 points a game. And Ingram could improve, yet average fewer points depending on his role within the offense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's hardly dumb he's just a ridiculous homer. And so what? That's what we're all doing here, talking up our guys and shitting on the other team's guys. Of course, some of us are more blatant than others. And @WiggyRuss is King Homer LOL

No, he's actually that dumb to believe that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is possible.

But only because the Lakers are a good team who just added an all time great, while Cleveland is a mediocre team that lost the same all time great and now has a gaping hole in their lineup. If Osman earns 30 minutes, he could absolutely get 12 points a game. And Ingram could improve, yet average fewer points depending on his role within the offense.

Of course it's technically possible.

It's also possible I win the Powerball three times in a row. Doesn't mean it's very likely though.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Zublocka could start and average 10ppg and 9rpg.

:lol:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's technically possible.

It's also possible I win the Powerball three times in a row. Doesn't mean it's very likely though.

I think the important thing to note is that if Ingram were on the Cavs, he would probably average 18-21, and if Osman were on the Lakers gen might not be in the rotation. Statistical production is all about opportunity.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the important thing to note is that if Ingram were on the Cavs, he would probably average 18-21, and if Osman were on the Lakers gen might not be in the rotation. Statistical production is all about opportunity.

Do you honestly see Osman getting 30 minutes a game though?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osman for his career will take a huge steaming dump on Josh Hart--- I will GUARANTEE you that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zublocka could start and average 10ppg and 9rpg.

I mean- if Osman is starting how does he NOT get to 12 points a game is really the better question. It just comes down to shots and opportunity. Even a non-prospect like Hart can get numbers with opportunities.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA will get the 4 seed. Cavs will be 7 or 8 seed.......maybe

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

King Homer?

homer40_280x390_411075a.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osman is a really good kid and a hard worker too. He has great size and athleticism. I think hes going to eventually develop into a solid starter.

He has a really cool good-bye letter to LeBron.

Last year he came over to a team that offered very little playing time, and he had to adjust to being in the USA for the first time. One of the reasons the Cavs let Wade go to Miami at the deadline was because they were really trying to open up some more playing time on a crowded roster for Osman.

I think Sexton and Osman are guys that are going to be a great fit together. Both are great athletes, but also really good hard working guys. Honestly- Osman is the one Cav that I have the most expectations for taking a big step up this year. He already plays very solid defense and has great size and athleticism. He can play the 2 or the 3.

This was his letter to LeBron- pretty cool.

cediosmanSome people bring out the worst in you, others bring out the best. And there are remarkably rare ones, who just bring out the most of everything that even you don't know that you have. They build you up. They make you feel alive. They make you feel strong. They make you feel indisputable. From the first moment we met, you’ve always been that rare one for me, King. I don’t believe in coincidences. I choose to believe my path crossed with you for a reason. And that reason will be uncovered as I continue to walk through. Please accept my highest gratitude for your support and appreciation for your inspiration. I’m truly blessed to have been surrounded by your charm.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- if Osman is starting how does he NOT get to 12 points a game is really the better question. It just comes down to shots and opportunity. Even a non-prospect like Hart can get numbers with opportunities.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My second cousin’s, friend’s, step brother’s, cousin’s, cousin from the other side of the family’s, co-worker’s, sister’s, boyfriend’s, class mate’s, uncle’s, bartender’s, child’s, teacher’s, husband’s, boss’s, brother thinks the lakers aren’t going to make the playoffs either. What a moron. Rob needs to shut the fuck up about sports.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I have against Ingram is that his game is kind of like DeMar DeRozan's in that its a lot of midd range stuff. Hes not a super athlete that gets to the rim and finishes a ton- and hes not a guy that takes and makes a lot of 3 pointers....hes kind of an inbetween guy. Thats really not the most effiiient type of offensive play. Like back to the basket post play, that mid range game that used to be so prevalent in the NBA is going south.

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers are locks to make the playoffs.........The young lakers are more talented than I think they get credit for......Kuzma and Ingram are future All-Stars.....Josh Hart just won Summer league MVP.......While Ball struggled he still was a 10/7/7 guy and if he learns to shoot just a little bit look out...............Im not super happy with the guys that came in after James and it sucked that Randle left however James and those young lakers will win 50 games this season..........There is no way they dont make the playoff.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets assume Hood is back- since he probably will be.

PG: G. Hill, C. Sexton
SG: J. Clarkson, K. Korver, J. Smith
SF: C. Osman, R. Hood
PF: K. Love, L. Nance Jr.
C: T. Thompson, A. Zizic

eh.......I am guessing right now 37 wins- which is DEF. not where you want to be in the NBA- but, considering on July 2nd they were still chasing LeBron James, and had gathered a bunch of win-now pieces over the last 4 years of Final's appearances, it was never going to be easy to turn this boat around on a dime.

My goals for the Cavs THIS year considering the circumstances:

1. Look to try and clear some future money at some point if possible. If you can get assets for Korver, Clarkson or Hill, move them and get the assets. Maybe save JR's contract (since you'd have to give up an asset to get rid of him anyway), as a piece you can move in the offseason as the better version of the expiring contract- the unguaranteed contract that a team can trade for and then immediately cut him.

2. Develop the Young Talent: Sexton, Osman, Nance Jr., Hood, Zizic all should be given ample opportunity to learn and grow.

3. Why not try and make the playoffs? For JUST this year there could be worse outcomes. You already have a lotto pick to start the rebuild with in Sexton. You just resigned Love- and whether he is here long term or short term- the Cavs winning a few extra games can only help to increase his value.

4. I would not worry about cap room for NEXT offseason. I would rent out the cap room they will have next offseason to teams in desperate need of salary cap room that are trying to make big moves like the Nets and Knicks. Sure we will take Alan Crabbe or Joakim Noah or Tim Hardaway Jr. off your hands, but ya gotta give us an asset! - just like they did with Baron Davis and Speights/Ellington last time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers are locks to make the playoffs.........The young lakers are more talented than I think they get credit for......Kuzma and Ingram are future All-Stars.....Josh Hart just won Summer league MVP.......While Ball struggled he still was a 10/7/7 guy and if he learns to shoot just a little bit look out...............Im not super happy with the guys that came in after James and it sucked that Randle left however James and those young lakers will win 50 games this season..........There is no way they dont make the playoff.
the over/under in Vegas i saw about a week or so ago was 52.5 for Lakers wins.