• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This article thinks it's a possibility that

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love will show people he can still play a little bit, I’d bet on that.
The Cavs do have a couple interesting lineups they can throw out there and still have a ton of shooting. A lineup with Hill at the point, Korver at the 2, Hood at the 3, Nance at the 4, and Love at the 5 can really shoot the hell outta the ball.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

A young lineup of say- Sexton at the point, Hood at the 2, Osman at the 3, Nance at the 4, and Love at the 5 is pretty intriguing as well.

Its clear that the Cavs are in SOOOO much better shape than last time LeBron left. Last time LeBron left they had basically nothing. Mo Williams, an ancient Antwan Jamison, Andy Varejao was prob. their best young player, Boobie Gibson was okay but he was a guy that owed LeBron much of his success. It was BAD.

Now, just having Sexton, Osman, Nance, and probably Hood, alone gives them a decent place to start from.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Post? There might not be a more credible source of news on earth.

while it is a POSSIBILITY, it is surely not a great possibility.

However, if you really look at it, you see how the chance is there considering how strong the West is and how wide open the bottom of the East is.

Likely? of course not. Technically possible if certain things break right? Sure.

I would say there is at least a 20% chance the Lakers miss the playoffs. A 10% chance they are just not that good and a 10% chance that LeBron gets injured.

I would say that the Cavs, if they go for it, probably have like a 30% chance of making the playoffs. Maybe/probably better if things break right and they make a move which they usually do.

3/10 x 2/10 = 6/100, or a 6% chance. That seems about right and I think thats with working with low end numbers on both outcomes.

If Love plays in 75-78 games, they make the playoffs as a 7-8 seed. I'd go as far to say it's 60-40 if he plays in that many games.

But........

Love has played in 59 and 60 games the last 2 seasons.

And has played in 60 or fewer games 4 of the last 7 seasons.

If he plays in 59-65 games.....they won't make the playoffs because they are going to rely on him to score big. Like he did in Minny.

You are most welcome.

#Numbersarefun

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Love plays in 75-78 games, they make the playoffs as a 7-8 seed. I'd go as far to say it's 60-40 if he plays in that many games.

But........

Love has played in 59 and 60 games the last 2 seasons.

And has played in 60 or fewer games 4 of the last 7 seasons.

If he plays in 59-63 games.....they won't make the playoffs because they are going to rely on him to score big.

You are most welcome.

#Numbersarefun

You are way overestimating both Kevin Love and the Cavs roster.

They could make the playoffs. It is possible. But when Love was at his best in Minnesota they only won more than 31 games once. Kevin Love is a support player, not the kind of guy you can build a good team around.

The Cavs might make the playoffs because the bottom half of the East is dreadful. But, if I had to bet, I would say they don't make it.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah the West is just so deep.

And I will tell ya- if LeBron is filming movies in early May instead of playing basketball, and Kevin Love is putting up 20 and 10 in the playoffs, I will be laughing my fucking ass off. lol.

LeBron has been able to stay INCREDIBLY healthy during his career- but if, at the age of 34, which is what he will play the vast majority of next season, and coming off a season where he played ALL 82 regular season games, and then played just CRAZY minutes in the playoffs, if he suffered his first injury, while it would surprise me, it would not come as some crazy shock either.

And we know that if LeBron gets hurt and has to sit out like a month or two that you can stick a fork in the Lakers.

Injuries can happen to any player.....especally one who has averaged 63.5 per game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs do have a couple interesting lineups they can throw out there and still have a ton of shooting. A lineup with Hill at the point, Korver at the 2, Hood at the 3, Nance at the 4, and Love at the 5 can really shoot the hell outta the ball.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

A young lineup of say- Sexton at the point, Hood at the 2, Osman at the 3, Nance at the 4, and Love at the 5 is pretty intriguing as well.

Its clear that the Cavs are in SOOOO much better shape than last time LeBron left. Last time LeBron left they had basically nothing. Mo Williams, an ancient Antwan Jamison, Andy Varejao was prob. their best young player, Boobie Gibson was okay but he was a guy that owed LeBron much of his success. It was BAD.

Now, just having Sexton, Osman, Nance, and probably Hood, alone gives them a decent place to start from.

I would argue they were in a much better spot back then.

Because they were bad enough to land 5 top 4 picks (#1 3 times) in 4 years. Without that run of sucking, they are still without a championship today.

Gilbert is too proud to bottom out on purpose. Good luck for the next 20 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because they were bad enough to land 5 top 4 picks (#1 3 times) in 4 years. Without that run of sucking, they are still without a championship today.

they didnt even have a pick the year when LeBron left--- now this time they had a lotto pick- that ALONE puts them AT LEAST a year ahead. But then again- you have a cursory knowledge of events that happened years ago.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oneof the MAIN differences is that they prob. wont be lucky enough to find a team to trade a TOTALLY unprotected draft pick in a salary dump- even if the salary dump was huge (Baron Davis).

That deal more than anything jump started the rebuild- now teams are just not giving up unprotected picks---- though the Sixers do have one of miami's......that would be a nice asset for the Cavs to grab if they could pull it off.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring the Cavs pulling a rabbit out of their ass in a trade, they are not making the playoffs next year. The West is certainly stronger this year but the Cavs are not a good team. Which of the following teams do you think the Cavs have a realistic chance of upending for a playoff spot?

Boston
Philly
Toronto
Indiana
Washington
Milwaukee
Miami
Detroit
Charlotte

The Cavs have a barren cupboard. Excepting guys like Hill, Smith, Korver, and Love to put in 25-30 minutes a game isn't realistic. Expecting Clarkson, Nance, and Hood to turn into playoff caliber starters is not realistic either.

And expecting a rookie PG to be a major contributor is unfair to that player. How many rookie PGs were major contributors? Kyrie? Kidd? Simmons is a unique beast.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They could make the playoffs. It is possible. But when Love was at his best in Minnesota they only won more than 31 games once. Kevin Love is a support player, not the kind of guy you can build a good team around.

The Cavs might make the playoffs because the bottom half of the East is dreadful. But, if I had to bet, I would say they don't make it.

Sure but this is the EC. Being completely neutral.....

Philly
Boston
Toronto
Indy
Milwaukee
Washington
Miami

are the 7 locks for the playoffs. There is 1 spot open and the dropoff after Miami is pretty steep.....and I think the Cavs will be right there if Love is healthy. If I had to guess right now? I'd say the 8 seed would be Detroit IF they are healthy.

Love played in the WC with Minny. And as much fan as we had in the playoffs saying James was carryingb the worst team he had to the Finals.....there are some pieces.....

I expect Love to put up 22ppg and 9rpg. Doubt he will duplicate his Minny numbers since he is older.

Hood.....if he comes back and guessing he will, can score 13-15ppg.

Clarkson is good for about 13ppg. Smith 9-10ppg.

Hill can start and put up 9-10ppg ands 6apg. Sexton backs him up and pitches in say 8ppg and 5apg.

Korver can average 10ppg.

TT can do 8-9ppg and 7-8rpg. Nance, 8-9ppg and 5-6rpg.

Frye 5ppg.

Osman who knows? 5-6ppg.

The point is this.....as long as Love is healthy and carrying the load they could be right there and slip in the playoffs.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the Wiggy novel.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can write anything they want in a fake newspaper.

Just Remember, buy more Amazon shitcrap!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too. I'm no sold on Love staying healhy.

#PlayingDevilsadvocate

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is this.....as long as Love is healthy and carrying the load they could be right there and slip in the playoffs.

How many wins do you think that Lebron James brings to a team? The Cavs won 50 games with Lebron last year playing the most minutes in basketball. If Lebron won that team 10 games, then they are not a playoff team. Given the only improvement they have made is drafting Sexton, it is hard to see this team playing BETTER this year.

Kevin Love is very unlikely to play more than 60 games this year. And expecting the offense to funnel through him will require him to change his game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they didnt even have a pick the year when LeBron left--- now this time they had a lotto pick- that ALONE puts them AT LEAST a year ahead. But then again- you have a cursory knowledge of events that happened years ago.

They couldn't have selected anyone of value with that pick anyway. #30 and after had exactly two players that amounted to anything (Whiteside and Lance), and even those have had issues. Whiteside took a long time to emerge and Lance is Lance lol. There were some draft and stash guys, but nothing to help at that time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn you are a pompous SOB.

Yes I know that.

My point is that Cleveland is in the worst possible place an organization can be. Mediocrity. Which is precisely what you have always preached.

Cleveland didn't have a pick in year 1, so what. They were able to bottom out and collect premium draft assets for 4 years. They aren't in position to do that now because they are likely to pick somewhere between 10-16.

This year they got the 8th pick. Whoopdedoo. Sexton might turn out to be very good. But who are they drafting next year? Do you honestly think Cleveland will be able to build a contending core around Sexton and Kevin Love? Please.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but this is the EC. Being completely neutral.....

Philly
Boston
Toronto
Indy
Milwaukee
Washington
Miami

are the 7 locks for the playoffs. There is 1 spot open and the dropoff after Miami is pretty steep.....and I think the Cavs will be right there if Love is healthy. If I had to guess right now? I'd say the 8 seed would be Detroit IF they are healthy.

Love played in the WC with Minny. And as much fan as we had in the playoffs saying James was carryingb the worst team he had to the Finals.....there are some pieces.....

I expect Love to put up 22ppg and 9rpg. Doubt he will duplicate his Minny numbers since he is older.

Hood.....if he comes back and guessing he will, can score 13-15ppg.

Clarkson is good for about 13ppg. Smith 9-10ppg.

Hill can start and put up 9-10ppg ands 6apg. Sexton backs him up and pitches in say 8ppg and 5apg.

Korver can average 10ppg.

TT can do 8-9ppg and 7-8rpg. Nance, 8-9ppg and 5-6rpg.

Frye 5ppg.

Osman who knows? 5-6ppg.

Sure. The Cavs are in the conversation. But I think Detroit will be better than them and possibly 1 or 2 other teams as well.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. The Cavs are in the conversation. But I think Detroit will be better than them and possibly 1 or 2 other teams as well.

Possibly right.

I am just having fun this AM....doing a lot of spit-balling like I do. That's my fave word now.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cluster fuck is an all-time great word.