• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things We're Cooking

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife typically makes those but I believe she just uses the egg, mayo, a little mustard, relish and salt & pepper. They were good but ended up a little runny this time.

By any chance, Do you have a kitchen aid, cuisinart mixer or anything like that? I've always whipped deviled egg filling using one of those(usually the cuisinart), keeps it pretty good and fluffy so it can be piped really nicely. Just make sure you hold a couple yolks back in case it does get too runny and needs to be thickened a bit...

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. It was jam-up and jelly-tight.
We've did a couple breakfast fatty's and a chili cheese dog fatty that were awesome. You can pretty much put anything in one of them sumbitches.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By any chance, Do you have a kitchen aid, cuisinart mixer or anything like that? I've always whipped deviled egg filling using one of those(usually the cuisinart), keeps it pretty good and fluffy so it can be piped really nicely. Just make sure you hold a couple yolks back in case it does get too runny and needs to be thickened a bit...
We've got a Ninja combo mixer thing and a hand mixer that she uses. We've both been wanting one of those Kitchen Aid stand mixers but we just haven't been able to talk ourselves into being able to justify spending the money.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've did a couple breakfast fatty's and a chili cheese dog fatty that were awesome. You can pretty much put anything in one of them sumbitches.

Yea, I love those things.

And I got the idea and the link from you, you turd burglar.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the verdict??? can't leave us hanging :suds:
It was good. I wouldn't run out to buy the ingredients to do it again tomorrow or anything, but I'd say that the recipe would serve as a great base to build off of. I could see using fresh herbs for more flavor, a little more garlic and salt, and skipping the vegetables in the roasting pan with the loin in favor of your own choice of veggie. I made a pot of rice (which I cooked in chicken stock) that went well with the gravy. I may try home made mash pots next time instead.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was good. I wouldn't run out to buy the ingredients to do it again tomorrow or anything, but I'd say that the recipe would serve as a great base to build off of. I could see using fresh herbs for more flavor, a little more garlic and salt, and skipping the vegetables in the roasting pan with the loin in favor of your own choice of veggie. I made a pot of rice (which I cooked in chicken stock) that went well with the gravy. I may try home made mash pots next time instead.

That's the key!!! you now see the flaws and how to make it 10x better next time. That's thinking like a Chef :suds:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man...food-boner tonight.

Inch-plus NY strips. Hot cast-iron. Fat-cap seared first in O.O. Then few minutes on each side. Heat turned off and and grunt of butter added, with a head of garlic, cut in halves, added. Tilted and basted with the juice fer about 7 minutes. Roasted Brussels spouts and chopped bacon at 400 for 25, then drizzled with balsamic vinegar, and twice baked potatoes with crumbled bacon.

giphy.gif

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you cook your grits? You like 'em regular, creamy, or al dente?