• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things We're Cooking

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I weighed 165 before I got married, 2003. 185 now. I peaked at 205 about a year and a half ago.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So got the butts done yesterday, ( perfect) wifey comes out and say's her folks want us to come to dinner at there place after I'm done yesterday.... Off the record my father in law is the worst BBQ I have eve meet, he over cooks everything, now I have a pretty good buzz going since I was drinking all day, so my mother in law and wifey talk me into "taken over" the grill. :L Broke the old man's heart, he pouted the whole time at dinner, of course he ate it, he knows you can the seasonings on my bbq, but I felt like the biggest dick....

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did some lamb chops with sautéed garlic cloves and a simple lemon-olive oil sauce with some parsecs and crushed red pepper with some roasted garlic Parmesan red potatoes. Holy shot it was good. :hungry:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just made an interesting salsa I saw on Rick Bayless' show...Its a tangy Avocado Peanut salsa. Sounds a bit odd, right? So far it seems REALLY interesting and flavorful, but I'm going to let it sit an hour or two and really see what develops

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I saw that much wood in water, I was taking a bath with my avi.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just made an interesting salsa I saw on Rick Bayless' show...Its a tangy Avocado Peanut salsa. Sounds a bit odd, right? So far it seems REALLY interesting and flavorful, but I'm going to let it sit an hour or two and really see what develops
That's Skip's brother right? I love to try odd flavor combo's. May have to try this one.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Skip's brother right? I love to try odd flavor combo's. May have to try this one.

Yes, they are brothers. Rick is considered one of the best Chefs in Chicago and the USA when it comes to authentic Mexican cuisine with sometimes just a bit of a twist...It's a pretty damn good salsa, just don't add too many peanuts at once!!! I did and had to add another avocado, lime juice and more to get it right...

My fave salsa to make is a tomatillo salsa. Just tomatillos, garlic, jalapenos, cilantro, red onion and salt. I roast the tomatillos, garilc and jalapenos and puree them together. Finely chop the cilantro and red onion, mix in with the pureed ingredients(with a spoon). Add salt to make it taste great(also with a spoon). Don't need any citrus since the tomatillos give that nice sourness... :suds:

edit: might need to add some water in the tomatillo salsa if it gets too thick, which it usually does...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they are brothers. Rick is considered one of the best Chefs in Chicago and the USA when it comes to authentic Mexican cuisine with sometimes just a bit of a twist...It's a pretty damn good salsa, just don't add too many peanuts at once!!! I did and had to add another avocado, lime juice and more to get it right...

My fave salsa to make is a tomatillo salsa. Just tomatillos, garlic, jalapenos, cilantro, red onion and salt. I roast the tomatillos, garilc and jalapenos and puree them together. Finely chop the cilantro and red onion, mix in with the pureed ingredients(with a spoon). Add salt to make it taste great(also with a spoon). Don't need any citrus since the tomatillos give that nice sourness... :suds:

edit: might need to add some water in the tomatillo salsa if it gets too thick, which it usually does...

I am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of tomatillos.