• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"THEY BROUGHT THEIR FUCKING TOYS WITH 'EM!!" - Red Wings/Avs GDT

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All tied up at 2 after 2. 98% of that period was spent in Detroit's own end. I haven't seen us look that bad all year. Osgood deserves a fucking gold medal. How Colorado didn't get 5 goals, let alone none, out of all that is beyond me.

No kidding. I've never seen Osgood so gassed. He looked like Robert Lang after chasing the ice cream truck down the street.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd better get our act together in this last period or else it could still turn into a slaughter. Yuck.

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
AJ is just what I like to call a "hater" :-)

Not at all. Great goalie (horse shoe up his ass). I mean he has been stellar his entire career (riding coattails). What an unbelievable achievement (literally). Only nine other goalies have ever accomplished that (worst of the bunch). I'm just so happy for him (slit my wrists).

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Great goalie (horseshoe up his ass). I mean he has been stallar his entire career (riding coattails). What an unbelievable achievement (literally). Only nine other goalies have ever accomplished that (worst of the bunch). I'm just so happy for him (slit my wrists).

He can't hear you, he's got his Cup rings plugging his ears.. :D

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Great goalie (horse shoe up his ass). I mean he has been stellar his entire career (riding coattails). What an unbelievable achievement (literally). Only nine other goalies have ever accomplished that (worst of the bunch). I'm just so happy for him (slit my wrists).

This is the best Kevin Nealon post I've ever read...

*golf clap*

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curtis Joseph has a catchier nickname than Chris Osgood, but he had a chance to win the Stanley Cup with the Wings and couldn't get the job done.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CuJo put up a lot more wins than Osgood on some pretty bad Blues and Oilers teams. He didn't really get a fair shake in Detroit either, he had no help in '03.

It is funny to think that as much as people love to bag on Osgood, he brought more Cups to Detroit than Hasek and Joseph did combined.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My ever so random thoughts on the game...

1) OZZIE! OZZIE! OZZIE!

2.) Did somebody say they wanted to get hit in the face with a puck today? Oh, three people do? Coming right up...

3.) Good game, Norri...er...Nicklas.(1g,3a) Best skater on the ice. In all zones. What a shocker!!:rolleyes:

4.) Did you notice who the first person to congratulate Ozzie was.........Kris Draper. :cool: (this might seem cooler to Wings fans)

5.) Hey Crosby! Can Helm borrow your mom's dryer?

6.) Hey ref! Put your arm up! Quick! I don't know why! Just do it!

7.) Pepsi Center...lol....Our hockey is sponsered by beer........pussies...

8.) Looking good Flash. You too Duchesomething.:cool:

9.) "Budaj" spelled backwards is.......not as fun as spelling it correctly.

10.) How was the game, SF?

11.) You want to know why the Wings D lead the league in D scoring? Watch the OT winner. They have more set plays amongst defensemen with the puck than any other team. Always moving, rotating, switching, waiting for a perfect shot.

12.) What a game!!

13.) Thank you Jiri and Johan. We asked. You delivered. I noticed you a lot without the puck too, Huds.

14.) 23 saves in the 2nd. Turned the game around. Ozzie chants make me smile.

15.) You guys sure do like Todd "Boootuzzi"...

16.) Oh McCleod....you're the silliest...:)

17.)I guess the Avs should of fired 50 shots on net...

18.) I got some cool presents for Christmas, but mostly I just got fat.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
CuJo put up a lot more wins than Osgood on some pretty bad Blues and Oilers teams. He didn't really get a fair shake in Detroit either, he had no help in '03.

It is funny to think that as much as people love to bag on Osgood, he brought more Cups to Detroit than Hasek and Joseph did combined.

Last run at the cup for a skater in their twilight years is easier than it is for older goalies, imo. It's just too long of a season and you always want your goalies to get enough work to stay sharp. Look at Ozzie, been going for 400 for some games now. Sure he would have got there quicker by getting more starts, but a 10-15 game stretch would probably take it's toll.

Thank god that Jimmy is panning out. A solid goalie rotation developed through the farm clubs has shown good promise. Poor guys gotta play their way in Detroit for five years, but it's worth it. Ain't it, Jimmy...

I hope the days of big name goalie signings are over.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ever so random thoughts on the game...

1) OZZIE! OZZIE! OZZIE!

2.) Did somebody say they wanted to get hit in the face with a puck today? Oh, three people do? Coming right up...

3.) Good game, Norri...er...Nicklas.(1g,3a) Best skater on the ice. In all zones. What a shocker!!

4.) Did you notice who the first person to congratulate Ozzie was.........Kris Draper. (this might seem cooler to Wings fans)

5.) Hey Crosby! Can Helm borrow your mom's dryer?

6.) Hey ref! Put your arm up! Quick! I don't know why! Just do it!

7.) Pepsi Center...lol....Our hockey is sponsered by beer........pussies...

8.) Looking good Flash. You too Duchesomething.

9.) "Budaj" spelled backwards is.......not as fun as spelling it correctly.

10.) How was the game, SF?

11.) You want to know why the Wings D lead the league in D scoring? Watch the OT winner. They have more set plays amongst defensemen with the puck than any other team. Always moving, rotating, switching, waiting for a perfect shot.

12.) What a game!!

13.) Thank you Jiri and Johan. We asked. You delivered. I noticed you a lot without the puck too, Huds.

14.) 23 saves in the 2nd. Turned the game around. Ozzie chants make me smile.

15.) You guys sure do like Todd "Boootuzzi"...

16.) Oh McCleod....you're the silliest...:)

17.)I guess the Avs should of fired 50 shots on net...

18.) I got some cool presents for Christmas, but mostly I just got fat.

It was a great game, it's been a long time where I have seen one team get totally dominated and still slop out a win.:rolleyes: Man Detroit looks old.... Was sad to see a game like that end on a Bullshit penalty call, but it's all about the refs these days. It was a penalty but it was one of those bs ticky tacky calls that never ever get's called in OT! Budaj was playing the puck more than the skater...

Note to Av's, either play Jonas Holos or trade that bad ass youngster to Philly for Shelly and Carbomb! Holos is freakin awesome!!

Last but not least got to see a Wings fan take an ice ball in the face. Def do not condone that type of cheap shit, but then you shouldn't really be talkin shit to 10,000 angry fans!:cool:

He's the only one who can stand him!:D