• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thee offical Nebraska VS BYU thread.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys even remember all of the big names you were dropping on here (psst inside information) last fall for OC, DC, and Assistant coaches?

What did you end up with?

Loyal to Riley Oregon St pukes.

He's rewarding them for being loyal as he rides off into the sunset.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer, Ohio St (2012 - ????)

Scout Recruiting Rankings

2012 - 3rd
2013 - 1st
2014 - 5th
2015 - 8th

Yeah. That took years

Right....that's real hard for Urban Meyer to do at a school which has been successful in the past decade.

Oh, and it's not bad coming into the situation he came into either where everything is already built up for him.

Apples and fucking oranges here, RA. Urban Meyer wouldn't even come to a place like Nebraska, because it's not easy enough. Here you have to actually leave your front porch to go recruit players to a place that they've never heard of.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give it a rest.

BYU beat Nebraska.

Nebraska has problems.

We are seeing the new offense being born. All teams will go to receivers that are 6' 8" or taller. It is going to turn into a basketball game. If a team keeps recruiting 5' 9" cornerbacks, they are in trouble.

On to South Alabama.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right....that's real hard for Urban Meyer to do at a school which has been successful in the past decade.

Oh, and it's not bad coming into the situation he came into either where everything is already built up for him.

Apples and fucking oranges here, RA. Urban Meyer wouldn't even come to a place like Nebraska, because it's not easy enough. Here you have to actually leave your front porch to go recruit players to a place that they've never heard of.

Ohio St was (6-7) the season prior to Meyer.

I kept hearing that the talent already in the cupboard at Nebraska is a vast improvement over what was at Oregon St. That Riley does more with less. Huskerz Fer Champz

Now I'm being told how hard it is to recruit here and he's starting from scratch.

:gaah:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give it a rest.

BYU beat Nebraska.

Nebraska has problems.

We are seeing the new offense being born. All teams will go to receivers that are 6' 8" or taller. It is going to turn into a basketball game. If a team keeps recruiting 5' 9" cornerbacks, they are in trouble.

On to South Alabama.

Straight up they did. Even missing their star players (QB, DL, LB)

Out coached them.
Out played them.
Better Offensive line.
Better Defensive line.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight up they did. Even missing their star players (QB, DL, LB)

Out coached them.
Out played them.
Better Offensive line.
Better Defensive line.
I am not trying to be a dick here, but here goes - RA you are fighting with guys on the web that have no power or say so about who gets hired and fired at The University of Nebraska football offices. The Huskers lost 1 game under this new coach and you are choosing to be a siht head about things in which no single person here has any control over. Only time will tell whether or not this was a bad, fair, good, or great hire. If you are writing off Riley already, then perhaps it's time for you to walk away from Nebraska football. During the mid 1980's under T.O.'s coaching years a dozen or so of my friends chose to become Oklahoma Sooner fans and turned their back on the Huskers --> all lived in Omaha. Their reasoning was we couldn't beat Oklahoma so they wanted to root for a winner. Everyone has complaints, but you need to let it go.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not trying to be a dick here, but here goes - RA you are fighting with guys on the web that have no power or say so about who gets hired and fired at The University of Nebraska football offices. The Huskers lost 1 game under this new coach and you are choosing to be a siht head about things in which no single person here has any control over. Only time will tell whether or not this was a bad, fair, good, or great hire. If you are writing off Riley already, then perhaps it's time for you to walk away from Nebraska football. During the mid 1980's under T.O.'s coaching years a dozen or so of my friends chose to become Oklahoma Sooner fans and turned their back on the Huskers --> all lived in Omaha. Their reasoning was we couldn't beat Oklahoma so they wanted to root for a winner. Everyone has complaints, but you need to let it go.

Let's get one thing straight.

YOU will not tell me what to do or say.

qouw1.jpg

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R_A if you think recruiting to Nebraska = recruiting to tOSU then I don't wanna go on

Also, look at our recruiting class this year in Rileys first season compared to Oregon State's.. I'll take ours

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully this loss poked the sleeping bear that is Nebraska. I think this is a good thing start the season off with a loss. piss them off the rest of the way. Nothing is stopping us now!

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pisses me off though. Nothing has improved, Nebraskas recruiting has stayed the same or taken a step back. Wins and loses has stayed the same. Cant keep recruits committed to the program. I just dont think Riley is going to win us the National Championship. and if he cant do that why the fuck did we hire him?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys even remember all of the big names you were dropping on here (psst inside information) last fall for OC, DC, and Assistant coaches?

What did you end up with?

Loyal to Riley Oregon St pukes.

He's rewarding them for being loyal as he rides off into the sunset.

It's statements like these that give you absolutely no credibility.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pisses me off though. Nothing has improved, Nebraskas recruiting has stayed the same or taken a step back. Wins and loses has stayed the same. Cant keep recruits committed to the program. I just dont think Riley is going to win us the National Championship. and if he cant do that why the fuck did we hire him?
I disagree with this statement. There is so much that has improved. Would we of been better faster with Urban Myer? Yes. Is there a chance in hell we will hire him or someone of his caliber? No.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R_A if you think recruiting to Nebraska = recruiting to tOSU then I don't wanna go on

Also, look at our recruiting class this year in Rileys first season compared to Oregon State's.. I'll take ours

Isn't that the point the Kool-Aid drinkers have been making all along?

Riley does more with less.
Now that he's got Nebraska recruits he's going to be the greatest coach ever.

They got schooled in Lincoln by BYU who was missing it's best players.
It's not like they were playing a ranked team.
I did not see a well coached Nebraska team on Saturday. I did not see "we'll utilize Tommy's strengths".
I saw a D line that couldn't penetrate, and a flatfooted O-line that don't know how to use their hands.
I saw a freshman QB given all the time in the world (down 1) against a prevent defense.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this statement. There is so much that has improved. Would we of been better faster with Urban Myer? Yes. Is there a chance in hell we will hire him or someone of his caliber? No.

Eichorst didn't even look. In his own words Riley was his man from the get go. He looked nowhere else.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that to be is just absolute bullshit. There is no reason why Nebraska cant go and hire a high caliber head coach.

Go Buy Chip Kelly

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St was (6-7) the season prior to Meyer.

I kept hearing that the talent already in the cupboard at Nebraska is a vast improvement over what was at Oregon St. That Riley does more with less. Huskerz Fer Champz

Now I'm being told how hard it is to recruit here and he's starting from scratch.

:gaah:

And the years prior to that year????

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's statements like these that give you absolutely no credibility.

Complete irony he filled his staff with Oregon St assistants that have been with him for 14 years.

LMAO!!!!!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that the point the Kool-Aid drinkers have been making all along?

Riley does more with less.
Now that he's got Nebraska recruits he's going to be the greatest coach ever.

They got schooled in Lincoln by BYU who was missing it's best players.
It's not like they were playing a ranked team.
I did not see a well coached Nebraska team on Saturday. I did not see "we'll utilize Tommy's strengths".
I saw a D line that couldn't penetrate, and a flatfooted O-line that don't know how to use their hands.
I saw a freshman QB given all the time in the world (down 1) against a prevent defense.
Bottom line is you are not going to see anything good from him. It was clear before the first ball was snapped. It's been clear since the announcement was made.

You have zero credibility. You, in my opinion are like a little kid in the grocery aisle throwing a tantrum because he can't have the sugar cereal with the toy he wants.