• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as major impact deaths go. Don't think it will be glenn. Think if this happens it will be a woman, since it looks like they are bringing more women into the main stream. Think if they are looking for a major oh shit moment, to end the season, they would off Maggie.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think that we can all agree that Gaberiel is quickly moving up the "Most Hated TV Character" rankings, or as I like to call it: "The Joeffery Scale". He most certainly is moving into the top-100 with a bullet and could shoot up much farther depending on how long his character survives.

I think it would be a great idea to have Gabe survive whatever Rick and Co. put him through and rise up as their folly with a group of religous fanatics backing him in a holy war against our "heros".

Is he the most hated TWD character of all time? Let's see:
*Father Gabe- Despicable liar who betrays his own faith to save himself and hide his shame. Locks his parishioners out of their own church so he can whimper in a corner. Rips up bibles before planting seeds of doubt in people's heads as a hobby.

*The Guv- Crazy ass meglomaniac who sacrifices his own people for unwarranted personal revenge. Keeps zombie daughter in a closet and fishtanks full of heads for viewing pleasure. Also enjoys torturing people.

*Shane- Former best friend to Rick who screws his wife, questions his leadership, and eventually tries to kill him out of jealousy when he can't steal his family or his power.

*Lori- Psycho hosebag wife to Rick who screws his best friend and goes basketcase on him whenever he does something she does not agree with. The fact that she was not supposed to be hated, yet the masses celebrated her death says soemthing.

*Carl- Everyone insists that he is a dead-eyed serial killer in the making and he gets a lot of hate despite supposably being a "good guy". A pre-pubescent brat of a character who got some flack for not being a great actor (which I think he has improved upon a bit).

*Merle Dixon- Easily the most hateable early character is Daryl's big bro. Tried to redeem himself at the end but was overall a violent redneck ass who was racist and treated women like crap to boot.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think that we can all agree that Gaberiel is quickly moving up the "Most Hated TV Character" rankings, or as I like to call it: "The Joeffery Scale". He most certainly is moving into the top-100 with a bullet and could shoot up much farther depending on how long his character survives.

I think it would be a great idea to have Gabe survive whatever Rick and Co. put him through and rise up as their folly with a group of religous fanatics backing him in a holy war against our "heros".

*Father Gabe- Despicable liar who betrays his own faith to save himself and hide his shame. Locks his parishioners out of their own church so he can whimper in a corner. Rips up bibles before planting seeds of doubt in people's heads as a hobby.

*The Guv- Crazy ass meglomaniac who sacrifices his own people for unwarranted personal revenge. Keeps zombie daughter in a closet and fishtanks full of heads for viewing pleasure. Also enjoys torturing people.

*Shane- Former best friend to Rick who screws his wife, questions his leadership, and eventually tries to kill him out of jealousy when he can't steal his family or his power.

*Lori- Psycho hosebag wife to Rick who screws his best friend and goes basketcase on him whenever he does something she does not agree with. The fact that she was not supposed to be hated, yet the masses celebrated her death says soemthing.

*Carl- Everyone insists that he is a dead-eyed serial killer in the making and he gets a lot of hate despite supposably being a "good guy". A pre-pubescent brat of a character who got some flack for not being a great actor (which I think he has improved upon a bit).

*Merle Dixon- Easily the most hateable early character is Daryl's big bro. Tried to redeem himself at the end but was overall a violent redneck ass who was racist and treated women like crap to boot.
What about Beth?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall Beth pissing off people nearly as much as those I listed.
Personally, I never hated Beth. I thought she was cute enough to avoid that :)

But there was PLENTY of hate directed at the group minstrel. The net thought that she had no purpose, and was quite derided through S3. S4 was when her image slowly began to change in fans eyes.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off I think they should take Gabriel outside the walls. Knee cap him in both legs & say good luck & walk away.

As far as locking his flock outside the church.
I don't think he locked the doors because a horde was coming. Think he was simply afraid to open the doors period. I mean his flock had time to carve messages into the walls of the church. Don't think they would be doing this while being eaten by Zombies. I think the Zombies came later while the Flock was stuck outside. Don't think Gabriel locked them out for self preservation but because he is a scared P.O.S. Don't think Zombies getting in letting the flock in was ever the problem. So I am not buying the submarine excuse.

Exactly, it was a calculated & premeditated/planned act of cowardice. Gabriel locked out the flock after they did all the work of hauling the food stores into the church too. As you said, the flock had time to carve messages into the church. Gabriel wanted all the food & supplies for himself.

Gabriel is close to being the ultimate evil so far in this TV program... I would put the Termites as being worse.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me what Aiden said (and Nicholas) to Glenn right before he died? Turned my TV volume way up and still couldn't quite make it out.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I loved Merle, Shane and The Guv, so that leaves the Rev, Carl and...

...Lori! Yeah, she gets my vote. :thumb:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl doesn't bug me anymore, now that every episode isn't about him wandering alone in the woods outside the "safety" area, while Rick and Lori run around frantically looking for him...Rick screaming out..."CORAL!!?? COORALL!!?"

:dhd:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for comic readers...

We are basically issue 75 now. Do you think there is any way they work in the aliens angle?

I suspect they may do a bit of a nod to it by having one of the Alexandrians propose a theory about the whole thing being a precursor to an invasion or something. Maybe just in passing like Deanna telling Rick there are some weird ideas in town these days...

Thoughts?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl doesn't bug me anymore, now that every episode isn't about him wandering alone in the woods outside the "safety" area, while Rick and Lori run around frantically looking for him...Rick screaming out..."CORAL!!?? COORALL!!?"

Oh shit, that just cracked me up! :pound:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm starting to like Carl more too. I just think he should have left the Sheriff's hat back at the farm or given it back to his dad. I have a hard time taking him seriously as a young adult when he's wearing that goofy thing. He seems to be wearing it less now at least.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to like Carl more too. I just think he should have left the Sheriff's hat back at the farm or given it back to his dad. I have a hard time taking him seriously as a young adult when he's wearing that goofy thing. He seems to be wearing it less now at least.

I'm withya on the hat. Maybe what's her name will yank the damn thing off his head. And I agree, he's finally getting a little more interesting.

Still laughing about the "Coorrral" thing. :)

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Corrral" scream was classic! Kudos beardown.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear the boy who plays Carl will be on The Talking Dead tomorrow