• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I know we don't talk about the comic too much in this thread, but don't worry, I won't post any potential spoilers. Just wanted to say that I picked up TWD Compendium 3 this morning and did a few hours of binge reading; stopped at the end of the Negan war.

It's already been said here by some that Negan is the next villain up. I am very curious as to who they've casted for him and how he is going to be portrayed.

This guy...this guy is a serious piece of work. :nod:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enid's family got exiled, and she often left Alexandria to do God knows what. I'd put my money on her.

They might do SOMETHING, but no way are they going to go to the same extent.

Like I said. Too expensive. That is one of the reasons why Rick still has his hand.

If you look back on Hershel's scenes you can clearly tell he was walking on both legs. They don't really like to deal with that sort of stuff I'm guessing.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I know we don't talk about the comic too much in this thread, but don't worry, I won't post any potential spoilers. Just wanted to say that I picked up TWD Compendium 3 this morning and did a few hours of binge reading; stopped at the end of the Negan war.

It's already been said here by some that Negan is the next villain up. I am very curious as to who they've casted for him and how he is going to be portrayed.

This guy...this guy is a serious piece of work. :nod:

Well I think in the tv series instead of Negan this character will go by the name Orin.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think in the tv series instead of Negan this character will go by the name Orin.
Have you seen this name in published reports?

They always use fake names in casting calls, so dont put any stock in that. When they were casting for "Fear", they were calling the project "Cobalt". Also, when they cast the Governor, they used a bogus name as well. Same with Gabriel.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I happened to be watching TWD reruns on a local station tonight and it turns out that Tara and Maggie did have an official "bonding" in the church when they first met Gabriel. Tara told her about being with the Gov, Maggie accepted it, they hugged, and blah blah blah. I totally forgot all about that.

So I guess the "One of the most important people in the world to me" quote is justified.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I happened to be watching TWD reruns on a local station tonight and it turns out that Tara and Maggie did have an official "bonding" in the church when they first met Gabriel. Tara told her about being with the Gov, Maggie accepted it, they hugged, and blah blah blah. I totally forgot all about that.

So I guess the "One of the most important people in the world to me" quote is justified.
I nodded to my neighbor as I drove past her today.

Bitch better include me in her will.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So while I think everyone suspects it's the Wolves honking a horn, I wonder if there's any chance this is actually not exactly what it appears to be?

Could the Wolves be in Alexandria while Alexandria's best fighters are away? Could that horn be inadvertent somehow?

I suppose I'd just like the show to surprise us a bit here, and not give us a predictable outcome.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone brought up how the whole moving the herd plan was pretty stupid to begin with? I know they had to come up with something to fill 90 minutes with, but...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone brought up how the whole moving the herd plan was pretty stupid to begin with? I know they had to come up with something to fill 90 minutes with, but...
That is a given.

I am willing to chalk it up to suspension of disbelief. Too many other, better plans not to (Molotov cocktails, build up the area to work as a better trap...)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going to be some stash of Molotovs!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going to be some stash of Molotovs!
More than 1, sure. But not a liqueur store's worth. The initial explosion with catch a bunch on fire, then the fire should spread rather quickly.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only a handful of people left, so that's not much of an achievement.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole episode is kinda weird.

1. Rick has beef with people who shouldn't be alive right now because they hide behind walls
2. Rick encounters a problem and decides he needs the guy who builds walls to help save the city
3. Rick then doesn't see the value in someone who builds walls and lets him die as if he isnt a valuable asset

It would be super rare for military to abandon contractors if the contractors were the people performing a valuable duty.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than 1, sure. But not a liqueur store's worth. The initial explosion with catch a bunch on fire, then the fire should spread rather quickly.

There were like 30,000 walkers in that quarry? I dunno. Sounds like one of those things that's easy in TV-world, but would be pretty tough in reality.

Mind you not any tougher than blowing up a big tank of something in a compound where you don't know where anyone is!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole episode is kinda weird.

1. Rick has beef with people who shouldn't be alive right now because they hide behind walls
2. Rick encounters a problem and decides he needs the guy who builds walls to help save the city
3. Rick then doesn't see the value in someone who builds walls and lets him die as if he isnt a valuable asset

It would be super rare for military to abandon contractors if the contractors were the people performing a valuable duty.

I think the whole dynamic is getting everyone on the other side to buy in. The engineer would be a leader that would tilt the rest of the group.

But how'd he let him die? He got bit in the neck.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might do SOMETHING, but no way are they going to go to the same extent.

Like I said. Too expensive. That is one of the reasons why Rick still has his hand.

I'm fairly certain it's gonna happen pretty close to how it goes down in comics. They may just have him cover it up a bit though, so maybe not as gruesome?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how'd he let him die? He got bit in the neck.
He did get bit in the neck in the woods in the middle of a dangerous mission after quite awhile of downtime. If Rick actually wanted the guy alive, Rick would've kept him alive somehow. Eugene is full of fail and Rick protects him.

You do make a good point that he was more trouble in terms of infighting.

Imo, the proper survival move would've been to avoid DC once Eugene was found to be a liar. If I was to pick an area thats going to have it worse than anywhere else in a zombie apocalypse, I'm thinking DC would be the last place you want to be.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fairly certain it's gonna happen pretty close to how it goes down in comics. They may just have him cover it up a bit though, so maybe not as gruesome?
If they do it, it will be this ep or next. Didn't Douglas shoot him during the z-invasion?

I am more interested to see how they handle Negan. He will be showing up in the season finale (supposedly). That just sounds awfully soon to me. They need to complete No Way Out, Eugene needs to start his project, Rick needs to officially take over ASZ, they need to find Hilltop, they need to establish Gregory and then issue 100. That is a LOT for one season.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enid is going to be on The Talking Dead tonight. I'm guessing tonight will be her biggest episode so far. We'll probably get some answers regarding her character and/or maybe more questions.