• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really doubt Carl is going anywhere.

So what is the prediction with Carl and his new girlfriend vs. the other jealous kid who was lurking in the shadows when they were holding hands last week? I have to think something explosive will happen there. And he kinda hates Rick for killing his deranged dad. No sweeter revenge than Carl.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the prediction with Carl and his new girlfriend vs. the other jealous kid who was lurking in the shadows when they were holding hands last week? I have to think something explosive will happen there. And he kinda hates Rick for killing his deranged dad. No sweeter revenge than Carl.

I think something could happen to him, along the comic lines, but I just don't think he's going anywhere, because of what it'd do to Rick. Rick's human-side is what endears him to folks IMO. If Carl dies, he goes completely rogue and there is no longer any depth to his character.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think something could happen to him, along the comic lines, but I just don't think he's going anywhere, because of what it'd do to Rick. Rick's human-side is what endears him to folks IMO. If Carl dies, he goes completely rogue and there is no longer any depth to his character.
The comics thing won't happen. Production costs would be too high. Also, too unbelievable, I think.

The horn HAS to be the Wolves. They have used a full half-season building them up and as someone mentioned, their MO is using vehicles to attract zombies.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comics thing won't happen. Production costs would be too high. Also, too unbelievable, I think.

The horn HAS to be the Wolves. They have used a full half-season building them up and as someone mentioned, their MO is using vehicles to attract zombies.
It can happen. He would keep the wound covered up, also his long hair to cover it.

Beyond the initial scenes of the injury and recovery, there would never really be any need to do anything beyond routine makeup/wardrobe work.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carl dies, he goes completely rogue and there is no longer any depth to his character.

Truth. But man, could you imagine him screaming "Cooorrrralllll!" if that happened? :pound:

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. But man, could you imagine him screaming "Cooorrrralllll!" if that happened? :pound:

I am not sure. He does have an affinity for Carl, but we rarely see him interacting with his daughter. If Carl dies, maybe he turns his attention and affection to her to bridge that emotional gap? I think like Game of Thrones, if they want to keep the show fresh, they need to shock value by deviating from the story line from time to time.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comeds' "Gabriel's Horn" comment made me think for a bit. What if that's what the writers wanted to go for?

Kinda heavy handed, and I really don't think it's feasible, but...just for discussion's sake, what would be the motivation for Gabriel to do something like that?

Gotta say if it isn't the Wolves, I'll be very very surprised...

I'd be amazed if it was not the Wolves too.

I just liked the Gabriel's Horn idea.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure. He does have an affinity for Carl, but we rarely see him interacting with his daughter. If Carl dies, maybe he turns his attention and affection to her to bridge that emotional gap? I think like Game of Thrones, if they want to keep the show fresh, they need to shock value by deviating from the story line from time to time.

That's an interesting point, but there can be no real give-and-take interaction between Rick and his daughter, can there? If something like that happened, it's more likely that Ron might take Carl's place. And boy, all of this would REALLY deviate from the comics. Dunno if they'd wanna go quite that far.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting point, but there can be no real give-and-take interaction between Rick and his daughter, can there? If something like that happened, it's more likely that Ron might take Carl's place. And boy, all of this would REALLY deviate from the comics. Dunno if they'd wanna go quite that far.

The funny thing is we spend all this time talking about Carl, and now that I think of it, I don't really care for Ron either. We haven't seen a lot of him... but my initial response isn't positive.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kids and women are always irritating as hell in horror "movies."

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kids and women are always irritating as hell in horror "movies."

I like Carol though. I was torn on her early in the series as she was this wimpy woman with an abusive husband. But when she saved the group from Terminus and then used a calm tone while explaining to the little boy who wanted cookies but caught her raiding the gun storage how she would kill him... I have a whole new level of respect for her.

Her character is perfect... the outward perception to the community where Carol blends in, looks somewhat weak, doesn't show a lot of emotion, and seems very level-headed and logical... but behind the scenes she can be as devious as anyone and won't hesitate to kill someone. I love her character.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Carol though. I was torn on her early in the series as she was this wimpy woman with an abusive husband. But when she saved the group from Terminus and then used a calm tone while explaining to the little boy who wanted cookies but caught her raiding the gun storage how she would kill him... I have a whole new level of respect for her.

Her character is perfect... the outward perception to the community where Carol blends in, looks somewhat weak, doesn't show a lot of emotion, and seems very level-headed and logical... but behind the scenes she can be as devious as anyone and won't hesitate to kill someone. I love her character.

I like her now too.

It took quite a few seasons tho..

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my thought, but the did kill Andrea. And Daryl is now a major character. And Carol is Carol.

But how will they deal with the current comics story without Carl? He is the key character for 2 arcs in a row now. And a lot of that comes from the fact that he is Carl GRIMES, not just the kid. I can see Enid taking the place of [whats her name - Carols daughter], but no way would Ron carry the same weight in Hilltop to earn the wrath, or cause the damage, that Carl does. That HAS to be Carl. And Carl HAS to be the one to "join" the Wisperers. That forces Rick to go for the save.

Unless they completely abandon the comics, Carl is safe.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, a buddy of mine came out of left field and said he thought it was Deanna honking the horn...

Yeah, it'd be a heck of a twist, but I don't really see the motivation, other than the fact that she isn't in a really good place right now...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, a buddy of mine came out of left field and said he thought it was Deanna honking the horn...

Yeah, it'd be a heck of a twist, but I don't really see the motivation, other than the fact that she isn't in a really good place right now...
I don't see it. She is whacked, but she isn't the type to kill everyone, I don't think.

While I think it is the Wolves, I can see it being Enid (a plant?) or maybe in a huge reach, Gabriel (I doubt it, though). Maybe it is some kind of alarm or malfunction? Just a badly timed error by someone working on a car?

On TTD, they mentioned that it was just a car driving by production while they were filming the big scene and they did not have the budget remaining to fix it, so they just had to go with it.

So there is that...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deanna could be honking the horn as a protest to the gods about that horrible mug she has been cursed with. ;)

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deanna could be honking the horn as a protest to the gods about that horrible mug she has been cursed with. ;)
Maggie is there watching her. No way Deanna is doing it.

I can see it being Gabriel, or maybe Jessie's oldest son, Ron. But doubt it's Ron.

Either Gabe or the Wolves. Gabriel needs fired from a trebuchet.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost entirely certain that what's happens to carl in the comics will be happening probably at the mid season finale of this year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost entirely certain that what's happens to carl in the comics will be happening probably at the mid season finale of this year.
They might do SOMETHING, but no way are they going to go to the same extent.

Like I said. Too expensive. That is one of the reasons why Rick still has his hand.