• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The remaining schedule.....

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The phone might stutter but your words were heard loud and clear. Spot on my friend.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phils dealt the Nats a lethal blow tonight. A loss costs them 2 days in the standings, even if the Reds had lost. The Reds win cost the Nats still another day in the standings. All that means is that for every game the Reds win, the Nats have to win 2.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As weird as it seems, there is still a mathematical chance the Reds could play the Indians in the World Series.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn this season has gone by so fast, But anyhow as it stands right now our Magic Number to clinch a playoff spot is at 10. Bottom line keep winning, I still think our Reds get the Division for back to back years.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love optimism as much as the next person. I wish I could be optimistic, but I'm a realist. This team is NOT winning the NL Central. This team is NOT winning the World Series. They've dropped two straight series to two of the worst teams in baseball. The Lastros are up next and I fully expect them to drop the series to the Astros as well. Three biggest differences between last year's team that won the division and this year's team: no sense of urgency, worse bullpen, and even more inconsistent offense.

I expect the Reds to slide into the last Wild Card spot and then promptly get destroyed in the play-in game. They're satisfied with that, which is extremely disappointing. But we Reds fans should be accustomed to disappointment.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they're already in that last wild card spot. and their magic for winning it is 8.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looked it up, 9 is the magic number

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic number ...

:laugh3:

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds are farther behind now, than they were before winning against the Cardinals and Dodgers. The schedule should have helped them... but sure doesnt look like it has.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusty is gonna throw Cueto tonight, who might give him 60 pitches (3 innings) ... and after that, the Dustmop probably is without a real clue on how to finish the game against a team he probably figures is going to roll over and die.

After Leake on Tuesday, he's gonna skip Latos and use Reynolds, which is a sure-fire way of saying the Parrots series is waaaaaaaaaaaay more important than sweeping the AAAstros. So figure we'll go 1-2 in Houston, and somebody on this board will write: Wow, we're going to the playoffs!

Baker has basically insulted the AAAstros and I am, in a perverse way, hoping he pays for that with his job.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manipulation of the rotation is common this time of year, but I differ on the strategy of overlooking a current team in favor of beating a better opponent later, 3-1/2 games behind. A loss to the Little Sisters counts the same as one against a rival... and for all the best laid plans of mice and men with similar intelligence, you can still get beat with your best anyway. I'd recommend winning TODAY for the rest of the season.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still at a loss as to the lack of enthusiasm on this club. It tells me this team is leaderless and not just in the dugout, on the field as well. Sure you see Votto throw some F Bombs and throw a temper tandrum every now and again but what about some of the others? They just strike out with RISP and hang their head and stroll back to the dugout like it is no big deal. Maturity issue? Maybe? Good coaching develops a killer instinct, the vision to recognize and capitalize on opportunity, and most importantly, instill a burning desire for improvement. If you had Coaches who taught these qualities, the 2,3 and 4 year players on this club would be a hell of a lot better than they are showing us today.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cueto pitched marginally well. He will need to be down in the zone more if he wants to beat better hitters.
Still a lot of sloppy baserunning.

Watching the results of tonight's games, makes that blunderous loss on Sunday even more painful.
Over 162, I suppose every team can say that. Just, in September, you notice it more.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Cueto's outing was better than I expected, and will give Dusty some more to think about. That's a good news- bad news situation.

The Reds pitching has been consistently good, the offense consistently flawed-especially the baserunning. The Reds still only have 4 real hitters other good teams would consider in their own lineups, but a few of the spare parts do occasionally chip in. It's a shame to waste so many baserunners with base coaches that can't be trusted to give a signal early enough to react to, or even remember visually impared trailing runners need help too.

I know Bryan Price has the rehabilitation of Manny Parra on his résumé, but Zack Duke has been cut by several teams and has a 7.00 ERA for a reason. This team could solve a lot of offensive bog-down, but they won't expand the playoff roster to 26 to make using a pinch runner without MLB at bats more convenient. No one ever uses 5 or 6 starting pitchers in a playoff rotation, and I've explained the extreme rarity of World Series winners without a LHSP. With a binge/purge offense, is Ludwick's offensive contribution a net gain after factoring his defense and baserunning ? Like it or not, Dusty Baker will have decisions to make going forward.

Just like Dusty usually expects hitters to advance his baserunners with long odds homers and 2 out hits, a one game playoff shouldn't be an advantage...but if nothing else, maybe Dusty's methodology will inspire heroics out of improbability.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was lmao at the butttag last night by BP. But it was a great win and today the Reds can go for the sweep, just like I said they should and would do.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm less impressed with the Reds beating the Lastros than losing to the Brewers and Cubs. I didn't like the butt tag, because it was an unnecessary hotdog play, that should have resulted in a double if Villar had any sense at all- all he had to do was grap the bag away from BP's glove. There was plenty of time for BP to turn and tag...it was a showboat play that doesnt belong on a team 3 games back,IMO...if the Stros had any balls, they should have drilled BP for making them look bad in a beat down....and WHY were all the starters still in a 9-0 game ? I'd like to see Hamilton get some AB's to see if he could hit enough to put on the playoff roster...instead of just being a sideshow in Dusty's circus act to get in a one game play-in post season game.

I'm glad the Reds are bullying up on the hapless Stros...what they should have done with the Cubs and Brewers ( they might be in 1st place if they had) and what they should do to the Mets next.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds would be very wise to let BP sit this one out.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton looks like he has a pretty good idea at the plate. He's impossible to throw out stealing. I think I would strongly consider dropping Hannahan or even Heisey on a playoff roster in favor of keeping Hamilton.