• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Real Conference Champions List from that alternate universe Kirk was in/not really

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the consensus opinion on the alternate kirk universe CC list is.

Nebraska
Oregon
Texas
Tennessee
North Carolina

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep pointing out that Ohio State has been the favorite to win the conference almost every year dating back to 2010, yet has only won the conference once in that span.
And will forever be the favorite. At least until one of the other scrubs in the B1G can win a NC.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waynesworld.monkeys.gif

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me see...

PAC - UCLA
Homer pick, of course. And if Mora finally gets his shit together, and Rosen rises to his potential, that defense can come alive!
BIG - Penn State
Gotta go with the Lions here. I know they are the LY Champs, but if two teams from your Division leap frog you into the playoffs while you get stuck playing arguably the best team in Country that didn't make the playoffs, then you can't be the favorite, right?
XII - Kansas State
I hate 'em! But I have too many milling buds that love 'em!
ACC - Georga Tech
Hard to go with anyone not named Florida State, but for chuckles, I'll go brown nose and pick the bosses Alumni, they had a decent season last year, so you never know.
SEC - LSU
Love me some Coach O! What a great story that would make! Be really cool for them Bruins beat his ass in the NC too!

Um yeah that is way beyond a "homer pick"!

"Mora get's his shit together" should be stated as : "Hey Jim thanks for the empty promises please grab your shit and get the hell out!"

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC - Stanford
BIG - Wisconsin
XII - Oklahoma State
ACC - Virginia Tech
SEC - Auburn

It's not the popular picks but any of it could happen, and likely to happen with a couple of turnovers en sech.
It's the overlooked teams that nobody wants to pick like the Island of Misfit Toys.

Could happen.

Why people only pick the obvious is beyond me.

Discuss

Never ever under estimate a David Shaw coached team!

Still the scariest team in the Pac12!

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC - Stanford
BIG - Wisconsin
XII - Oklahoma State
ACC - Virginia Tech
SEC - Auburn

Actually, any of those is possible, but Stanford is the least likely. They always seem to stumble at least once or twice a year - sometimes even more. Wisconsin is solid. Was only a handful of plays away from winning the Big Tin last year (spelling was on purpose). Okie State rarely gets through a season without a couple of losses, but this could be their year after the surprising Sooners late off-season coaching change.

I think Tech may still be a year away, but if there is a big fall-off at Clemson and a little more stabilization and/or upward movement among the second-tier teams in the ACC, then Va. Tech could be in the running at the end. But so could North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Louisville, and Miami. Auburn or LSU could ostensibly win the SEC West - and either of those would be the favorite in the SEC championship game against most any team from the East, unless it came down to Auburn vs Georgia or Florida vs LSU. Then it would be hard to pick. I'll still take Alabama over any team from the East.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that midnightangel is on the open call list. :clap: Outstanding.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, any of those is possible, but Stanford is the least likely. They always seem to stumble at least once or twice a year - sometimes even more.
Least likely.... :lol:

I just posted that Stanford won half of the PAC12 Conference Titles since the PAC went to 12 teams 6 years ago in spite of what you point out. In that time, Oregon has a pair, and UW won last year.

They've got to be considered a Conference favorite because they've done over, and over again. And as recent as a season removed when they went 12-2 in '15. BTW - 10-3 last year, is not exactly a down year either.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uqRQeUkd.png

UCLA, Stanford, & USC account for well over 2/3rds. of the 500. :suds:
I don't even consider it yet. they are counting titles by Colorado and Utah from before they joined.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait Pac 12ers.. Are we counting all championships? I mean, UCLA has been solid in girls volleyball and Washington in girls golf..

But we on the college football forum here fellas. @Vitamike @AlaskaGuy

:kermit: