• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Quarterback Position

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some of you are not as high on Bradford as I am. I believe the Rams should move forward with him for at least the next year or 2, but if this isn't the case I have 1 particular option that I love. If the Rams are looking to go in a new direction in the next 2 years I would love to see them make a move for Kirk Cousins. He was actually my 2nd favorite QB coming out 2 years ago (Luck, Cousins, RG3, Foles). Obviously I overlooked Wilson a little bit, but point is I'm still have on Krk Cousins. These last 3 games could be the perfect opportunity for Washington to shop him if they'd like. I would love to see the Rams make a move for him even if it was to back up Bradford for his final stand. Thoughts?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see what Austin Davis can do. And I'm not sure if I would give up a pick for Cousins or just draft one of the many QBs coming out. I do think we should try to restructure Sam's contract, but will he take half of what he's making now for 2-3 years? I doubt it.

We need a plan though, because these teams in the NFC West are stacked on offense and especially defense.

It's obvious to me that Washington is putting Cousins in to play so they can display him and trade for a 1st rounder hopefully. Because they don't have one. :nod:

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, the Redskins will NOT get a first round draft pick for Cousins. Now, on the Rams QB situation. Sam Bradford is our man. For Christ sakes, the guy was having his best year before he got injured. I have been saying this year after year, we need to blow up the offensive line and get guys in here that can block at no matter what cost. Also, we need to some how find a stud receiver to complement him. Until this happens, Sam is going to struggle. Mark my word, if the Rams ever decided to trade him and he goes to a team that are solid in the areas I mentioned, you'll be sorry 'cause he will pick defenses apart, no doubt in my mind.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point the Bradford debate has been discussed "ad nauseam" and you are definitely in the minority on that position TEB11. But I would honestly hope that you were right and the rest of us are wrong. If things go according to plan, I would suspect that Bradford will probably return and we will use the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft to take Clowney, who is too good to pass up or trade out of. There are too many other teams that need a QB and Clowney could fall right into our laps. Of course if we trade Bradford, which I'm hoping for, that changes the scenario entirely. I'd take Bridgewater in a heartbeat over Bradford if given the opportunity.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carr, Bridgwater, Manziel, and Blake Bortles (UCF) have good Bowl games, these 4 will be drafted most likely in the 1st round. So you're telling me some team wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for Cousins, but they would draft Bortles in the top 10? C'mon man!

UCF plays Baylor and it will be a shootout. Louisville and Bridgewater will light up Miami's D. A&M plays Duke so that will be high scoring too. Fresno plays USC so that will probably be a good game and we can see what Carr has, but I say Fresno scores some points.

However... With Houston, Jax, Cleveland, Oakland, and Minnesota all probably looking at upgrading their QB situation, those Qbs could be gone. Now will UCLA QB Hundley leave?

IF we are set with the #2 pick, I see us trading with Cleveland OR Cleveland gives up a late 1st rounder for Cousins. IF Cousins plays well the next few weeks of course. A lot of IFs with 3 weeks to go in the season AND the combine coming up.

And I have no problem bringing Sam back WITH SOME COMPETITION, but if you have alot of confidence in Sam - all the power to you. Coming off knee surgery and already slow, I don't see how you can be really confident.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 The Rams will NOT trade Bradford. His cap hit is too high, no team will want that.

#2 SJ, I don't think you want the Rams to restructure his contract. Restructuring does not mean taking less money on years he's already signed for. It means reallocating the cap hit on those years evenly across the years added to the contract. Unless you want to extend Sammie a restructuring of his contract it not an option.

#3 TEB is right, if the Wash Redfaces (Myron Cope throwback) can get a 2nd they'll probably jump on it. They won't get a 1st.

Now I don't think the Rams should, or would, go in another direction. I just don't see anyone I particularly like coming in this year with the possible exception of JFF. I think he could be a Russell Wilson type.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, there are alot of IFs out there. IF Cousins plays well the next 3 weeks, it's going to be the new hot thing and a bidding war. I don't think Washington will get anything better than a late-1st rounder. But Cousins is better than Blake Bortles who most "experts" are predicting going somewhere around 10-15 in the 1st.

And Johnnyfootball is quick, but he's no where near Wilson's speed or arm strength.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, if Cousins plays well than chances are they win some games and the Rams pick is no longer #2 overall ( where they would have a ton of leverage and some options.

Second, I don't think Washington will trade Cousins unless it was for something ridiculous like a first rounder that SJ alluded to. He contract is zip and RG3 has been injured. They need a backup and if he plays well these last few games, teams will have to pony up or he isn't going anywhere.

Third, if the Rams don't get the second pick, they probably won't be trading the pick. They may end up in the 4-6 range if Cousins plays well and wins some games. That puts them out of the QB run most likely because teams don't necessarily trade up for the 3rd or 4th best QB. Clowney will be gone with Atlanta's pick ( if not before ). That puts them in Matthews range and I don't see the Rams passing on him for a trade ( even if Fisher has never drafted an OL in the first ). They need one and he knows it, and Matthews is the best of this class.

Fourth, as much as I would love to see another RG3-like haul, I think Cousins wins a game or two to prevent the Rams from getting that #2 pick and preventing such a trade to happen for the Rams.

Fifth, as far a Bradford, I am still on the fence. He has had some good games and several terrible ones. The thing that really concerns me is this: most true franchise QB's do not need everything to be just right in order for them to be successful. Everyone keeps saying " he needs OL, he needs WR's, he needs a pass catching TE, etc. and then he will pick defenses apart- you'll see".
Well, the truly great QB's make the players around them better, not the other way around. Not every successful QB has a great OL or great WR's.
Look at Wilson- you probably can't even name the WR's he's throwing to and his OL is about as good as the Rams with all the injuries they have had. That hasn't stopped him.
Marino never had a decent RB ( two 1000 yd rushers his entire career ).
Brady neither has the OL he once had, the defense and now the WR's he's had in the past, but he is still winning games.
Kap has had injuries to his entire WRing core and Gore is not the RB he used to be, but he's still winning games.
AZ OL has been terrible for years and their running game is pretty non existent too. Yet, Palmer is still winning games.

I could continue, but you get the point. Good/great QBs adjust to their surroundings. The problem is, Bradford never adjusts to the personnel, the defense, etc. if he needs everything to be just so in order for him to be successful consistantly at this level, then he is not the franchise QB this team needs.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty compelling Angelakerams. I too am still fence sitting at this juncture and we will see how we fair in the draft position in the next three weeks.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see what Austin Davis can do. And I'm not sure if I would give up a pick for Cousins or just draft one of the many QBs coming out. I do think we should try to restructure Sam's contract, but will he take half of what he's making now for 2-3 years? I doubt it.

We need a plan though, because these teams in the NFC West are stacked on offense and especially defense.

It's obvious to me that Washington is putting Cousins in to play so they can display him and trade for a 1st rounder hopefully. Because they don't have one. :nod:

I would like to see them draft a QB in the 2014 draft. A guy who can push Bradford and be a potential starter in 2016 if Bradford doesn't progress. You can typically get some nice value or come up with a steal at QB in round 2 or 3 or even later in the draft (see Tom Brady)

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't get a QB early, Stephen Morris from Miami should be there in the 3rd or probably the 4th. He has speed and he can throw deep. He has a tendency to make stupid throws, but to hold a clipboard for 1 year may do him some good. He's Kaep's size with a little less speed and a bigger arm.

I can see him sitting out and coming out of nowhere, but let's see how he tests at the combine.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point the Bradford debate has been discussed "ad nauseam" and you are definitely in the minority on that position TEB11. But I would honestly hope that you were right and the rest of us are wrong. If things go according to plan, I would suspect that Bradford will probably return and we will use the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft to take Clowney, who is too good to pass up or trade out of. There are too many other teams that need a QB and Clowney could fall right into our laps. Of course if we trade Bradford, which I'm hoping for, that changes the scenario entirely. I'd take Bridgewater in a heartbeat over Bradford if given the opportunity.

and if Bridewater sucks? then what? lol. I don't want to argue about the "bradford conundrum" because it's simply exhausted. However, he's proven he can play when given a chance. Other players do their part he'll get the ball there. Or trade for a guy that is simply a ???
It wont happen so it doesn't really matter.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would only give up a 2nd for cousins and thats only if he performs very well. Doubt any team will give a 1st for him.

However, I would loooove to see what Austin Davis has. Even if we lose out, at least we know if we have to draft a QB

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw on the sidelines on Sunday, Davis has some heat in that arm. How that translates into game situations and decision-making done rapidly remains to be witnessed.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams have to start Davis so they know. Cleanup or way behind game tells you nothing. We know what Clemens is but Davis in the heat of a playoff race for at least other teams is a good measuring stick.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dudes... Austin Davis broke many of Brett Favre's records at Southern Miss.

FYI

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap has had injuries to his entire WRing core and Gore is not the RB he used to be, but he's still winning games.
AZ OL has been terrible for years and their running game is pretty non existent too. Yet, Palmer is still winning games.

I would argue that dominant defenses are winning games for these two teams, not QB play. Especially in Kap's case, with the Niners' passing offense dead last in the league. His running isn't doing it either, averaging only 31 yards per game. Palmer is 21st in the league in passer rating and is behind only Eli and Geno for interceptions at 17.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dudes... Austin Davis broke many of Brett Favre's records at Southern Miss.

FYI

Right, which is why im scratching my head in figuring out why they wont at least give him a start. What could it hurt? We lose out? oh noooooooes! hahah who cares at this point.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is waiting for Clemens to have a big game, then trade him for more 6th round picks.

Even though they have done well in the 5th/6th rounds the past few years.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams' QB situation..........sucks.