• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they were pussies who were afraid to compete. Gotcha. :thumb:

:bolt:
Bennett left after being the back up then losing out to Mariota he knew MM was going to be the guy for the next few years. the other guys left because he came back for another year, which is silly anyway because they lost a year due to transfer rules but whatever. dont act like USC has never had guys leave for the exact same reason. Scroggins, Wittek, Town, Tuileta

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyway keep saying the same things over and over or just let it go. clearly we see things differently.
im off today and im out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont act like USC has never had guys leave for the exact same reason. Scroggins, Wittek, Town, Tuileta

And those guys are pussies who didn't want to compete. Glad they left. I have a lot of respect for a guy like Matt Cassel who stayed after getting beat out by Leinart, still made it to the NFL and unlike Leinart, is still in the NFL.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the silly season. Everybody getting pissy with each other. I come in every day just to see who is pissing on whom. Don't ever change y'all.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those guys are pussies who didn't want to compete. Glad they left. I have a lot of respect for a guy like Matt Cassel who stayed after getting beat out by Leinart, still made it to the NFL and unlike Leinart, is still in the NFL.
I have a lot of respect for guys who know they are out and prefer to play somewhere else than warm the bench at USC or any other school. Its different if they are just waiting for the injury and their chance. Opting for second fiddle isn't respectable IMO.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a lot of respect for guys who know they are out and prefer to play somewhere else than warm the bench at USC or any other school. Its different if they are just waiting for the injury and their chance. Opting for second fiddle isn't respectable IMO.

Disagree. I don't respect quitters. If you don't get the starting nod. Work harder and get better.

It's one thing if a kid is a junior or senior, has done everything he can and just couldn't get there. Or if there was a coaching change and it's obvious the kid doesn't fit the new coaches system.

But a lot of these kids are bailing as redshirt freshmen or sophomores. That's not respectable, it's quitting.

Also, no one opts for 2nd fiddle. Matt Cassel didn't "opt for 2nd fiddle." He had made a commitment and stuck to it. He continued to work hard and improve. He stayed ready in case he was needed and was able to turn that into an NFL career that has lasted longer than one the guy who beat him out had. That is to be respected.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. I don't respect quitters. If you don't get the starting nod. Work harder and get better.

It's one thing if a kid is a junior or senior, has done everything he can and just couldn't get there. Or if there was a coaching change and it's obvious the kid doesn't fit the new coaches system.

But a lot of these kids are bailing as redshirt freshmen or sophomores. That's not respectable, it's quitting.

Also, no one opts for 2nd fiddle. Matt Cassel didn't "opt for 2nd fiddle." He had made a commitment and stuck to it. He continued to work hard and improve. He stayed ready in case he was needed and was able to turn that into an NFL career that has lasted longer than one the guy who beat him out had. That is to be respected.

Manziel dropped Oregon when he learned that Mariota had signed. Do you call that quitting? These kids have to do what they believe to be best for them, not accept the situation and hope for the best. Like, who is Matt Cassell?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel dropped Oregon when he learned that Mariota had signed. Do you call that quitting? These kids have to do what they believe to be best for them, not accept the situation and hope for the best. Like, who is Matt Cassell?
Manziel is a great example, in my opinion. When a kid makes a choice based on the abilit to start, or to be a star, the kid is selfish. No one exemplify that more than Manziel.

I'll tell you who I have immense respect for - the third and fourth stringers who have to play tackling dummy for the starters in practice. No glory what-so-ever, but they play an absolutely essential role in helping a team prepare for game day.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel dropped Oregon when he learned that Mariota had signed. Do you call that quitting?

Yes, it's the worst kind of quitting too. He didn't even try.

These kids have to do what they believe to be best for them, not accept the situation and hope for the best. Like, who is Matt Cassell?

Yes, God forbid they should actually work hard, get better and compete.

Matt Cassel came to USC at the same time as Matt Leinart. The quarterback competition between the 2 was so close that Pete Carroll literally named Leinart as the starter based on a gut feeling. Instead of quitting and transferring to another school (and he could have started virtually anywhere else in the country) he stayed at USC and continued to work hard, compete and stay ready in case he was needed.

Even when Leinart decided to stay for his senior season despite the fact that he likely would have been the #1 draft pick, Cassel still stayed instead of transferring so he could play his senior season. The end result was that after pro day at USC he ended up on several teams draft boards. The Patriots drafted him in the 7th round in 2005 and he made the team over 2 more veteran qb's. He's still in the NFL today.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel is a great example, in my opinion. When a kid makes a choice based on the abilit to start, or to be a star, the kid is selfish. No one exemplify that more than Manziel.

I'll tell you who I have immense respect for - the third and fourth stringers who have to play tackling dummy for the starters in practice. No glory what-so-ever, but they play an absolutely essential role in helping a team prepare for game day.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh look somethin i have talked about ad nauseum. left with little because of trasfers of guys that wanted more opportunity to play not because they didnt develope. bringing Prukop to compete for the starting job doesnt mean they dont have someone else capable. they didnt have depth that they liked but no one has handed him the job and even if he does get it doesnt mean the other guys arent capable just he was better.

So they wanted more opportunity? Was't Mariota there when they were recruited and signed? So they knew their chance was there once he left. But two years later no one is good enough. You don't leave if you think you're good enough to be picked so the ones who stayed were the best of the lot and even they weren't developed enough for the coaches to pick them to start. But nothing wrong here.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the silly season. Everybody getting pissy with each other. I come in every day just to see who is pissing on whom. Don't ever change y'all.

I'm glad we can entertain you .lol

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perfect for NN's team of quitters. :bolt:

You bet, happy to have him. ASU doesn't have many top ten QB's sitting the bench. We do have, or did have, a QB who sit the bench, worked hard and developed, and got his chance in his senior year; undrafted but awaiting try outs for NFL teams. You know, the one who sent USC down with a Hail Mary? Just waited his chance and made the most of it. He will make the NFL, I bet, just like Matt Cassell. Don't these true to life stories just bring tears to your eyes?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's total bullshit. Doing what they believe is best for them may be selfish but is exactly what they are all doing when considering offers and their chances. You and T12, from your perch as elite teams, with recruits lined up from Maine to California, would like it a moral issue but it is just everyday football with every recruit doing what is best for them and every coach scratching for their share. How much is a Notre Dames degree worth in dollars to those third and fourth stringers?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's total bullshit. Doing what they believe is best for them may be selfish but is exactly what they are all doing when considering offers and their chances. You and T12, from your perch as elite teams, with recruits lined up from Maine to California, would like it a moral issue but it is just everyday football with every recruit doing what is best for them and every coach scratching for their share. How much is a Notre Dames degree worth in dollars to those third and fourth stringers?

I think time has proved this kid (Manzel) is selfish among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.