• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leach is springing to braska soon and Moors is an Oregon disciple as well.

Moos is WSU alum, if Leach goes to Nebraska then so be it. Just means Nebraska just dropped 25 million to us for a AD who is going to retire soon and who knows with Leach, he still has yet to win a division in his HC career.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if people notice or care. Coming up on 10k for this thread

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why Smith would have a tough decision with this one.

OC with a team thats paying him very well, even with Seattles out of control cost of living, world class facilities, strong recruiting on that side of the ball, and a team in the top tier of the conference.

But hes at the age where its normal for a coordinator to make the move to a HC job. But it's a multi-year build project at a school where you have to coach up most of the 2 and 3 star projects you bring in. Your instate rival has a billionaire sugar daddy who builds them Dubai like facilities and uses his business to steer 4+star talent into the program.

The Beavs are a tough sell right now. Andersons recruiting was meh. The cupboard is bleak with what your inheriting. It takes someone with a Leach/Riley style to them. A Guru at coaching up talent. Not sure if Smith has that in him.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paging robotdevil. Can we get Smith shop'd with a Beavs logo'd black and orange jacket and hat with that pic.
pZ1e9BW.jpg

I'll play with the other pic in a bit :dhd:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why Smith would have a tough decision with this one.

OC with a team thats paying him very well, even with Seattles out of control cost of living, world class facilities, strong recruiting on that side of the ball, and a team in the top tier of the conference.

But hes at the age where its normal for a coordinator to make the move to a HC job. But it's a multi-year build project at a school where you have to coach up most of the 2 and 3 star projects you bring in. Your instate rival has a billionaire sugar daddy who builds them Dubai like facilities and uses his business to steer 4+star talent into the program.

The Beavs are a tough sell right now. Andersons recruiting was meh. The cupboard is bleak with what your inheriting. It takes someone with a Leach/Riley style to them. A Guru at coaching up talent. Not sure if Smith has that in him.

This is a big one.

At his best, Smith is an average power-5 offensive mind.

At his worst, Smith is debilitating to the offense.

The poor performance by the offense doesn't fall completely on Smith, but he definitely had a big role in it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was screaming at the tv in the 4th to give the ball to Gaskin and Coleman more. The pass wasnt working last night. It was just one of those freaky things with ASU having the D that was our kryptonite this week. But for the love of gpod, go to the ground. Thats where Smith gets a F for last night. Our RBs were not called upon when they should have. It cost us the game as much as the clowns kicking the FGs did. Unreal bad play calling.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love how everyone wants to write the PAC off from the play offs already. There are a lot of one loss teams out there. There will be more due to head to heads and CCG's. And there's still a lot of football left. You would think our PAC advocate would be discussing SEC November cupcakes and Wisconsi's cupcake schedule. If Michigan continues to play like they have. Whisky may not even play a ranked opponent until the B1G CCG. Thank you ESPN
Pac feeding on itself, coupled with how bad every top team has looked at some point, and adding in UW's fucking shitty OOC = no real chance of any Pac playoff team unless chaos really devours the top of football.
Not sure if people notice or care. Coming up on 10k for this thread
I pointed it out days ago and no one has taken the initiative to create v6

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what Nebraska is thinking taking Moos. I mean he wasn't horrible, but an aging AD of a smaller school that got kind of lucky on an odd head football coach and still hasn't rebuilt the basketball into anything stellar seems like a really weird move.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was screaming at the tv in the 4th to give the ball to Gaskin and Coleman more. The pass wasnt working last night. It was just one of those freaky things with ASU having the D that was our kryptonite this week. But for the love of gpod, go to the ground. Thats where Smith gets a F for last night. Our RBs were not called upon when they should have. It cost us the game as much as the clowns kicking the FGs did. Unreal bad play calling.

Our OC usually has his head up his ass for the first three quarters. This game only for the first half thank God.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get a loss like that without several to blame. Smith is a known problem and for sure has his share of the blame.

Start by giving credit to ASU. That was the most complete game they have played. Their offense didn't move the ball all that much after that first drive, but most importantly, they didn't commit any mistakes. Their defense had our number all night. And this isn't the first time they have done that. They worked hard over their bye week and came out playing well. Give them credit and tip your hat.

You aren't going to win championships with two headcase kickers. Petersen said those guys make those 99% of the time in practice? Bullshit. I told everyone up here that both were garbage in practice back in spring and both miss a ton in warm ups every week. I guess most fans don't pay attention to them when they are warming up? But they aren't exactly hiding. They suck and the staff has to have known that for months. Find a walk on.

Lenius again shows why he hasn't been given more opportunities. 2 dropped balls on different 3rd down plays that would have been first downs that ended drives. Browning was overthrowing a lot of his passes even if he did make a few brilliant plays here and there. The run blocking was just bad and it seems they were expecting a lot more blitzes so most of their outside packages weren't working because those blitzes weren't coming.

And really? :L You let a punt blocker come right up the fucking middle without even one player looking at him, more or less getting a hand on them? That blown punt protection was inexcusable and set them back more than simply the free 3 points from it.

UW may have more talent, but ASU played better that night and deserved the win.

I really don't fear their next two games back home even a little bit. Bad kickers or not. The next one with any nerves will be their last road game at Stanford which will probably be for the North title. That one and the always wonky and somewhat unpredictable apple cup are the only two games left I'll even sweat a little.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and 10k ~
:ipw: