• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC scheduling. Florida plays three games total all season on another teams home field.

Haha, that's because they played in Dallas and every year play UGA in Jacksonville.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the game of the week for a number of reasons and I'm sure every fan in the Pac will be watching to see if either/both teams look legit. The outcome might not be as important as seeing how good both teams actually look. I'm mostly interested in seeing how Stanford's offense looks against a defense with a pulse. That Rice game wasn't much of a challenge.
they should have just went out for rice instead

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bama does. Last year it was Auburn, Florida, UW, and Clemson. But I get what you are saying. I don't understand it, but it's always been that why since they restructured the conference. I doubt it'll change any time soon.

We certainly have. There have been years when Alabama, LSU, and Auburn/UGA/Ole Miss/Miss State, have all been in the top 10, and maybe top 5.
a team that plays Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss state and maybe UGA? so Arkansas or Texas A&M? they are the only ones that would have to deal with that.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they play three games at another teams home field all season.

But that's a screwy stat for the reasons I just gave.

They do have a ton of home games this year.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a team that plays Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss state and maybe UGA? so Arkansas or Texas A&M? they are the only ones that would have to deal with that.

No, I listed those teams because I was told the SEC hasn't had 3 teams in the 10 at one time. I'm not looking for a team that has to play them all, but stating that up until 4 years ago, the SEC was loaded. Now it's moving towards the Big Ten and ACC.

SEC has lost some of their best coaches from 5 years ago. Richt, Les, Spurrier, and others, and haven't replaced them yet. The QB play has also gotten weak as hell in the SEC. The decline is real.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's a screwy stat for the reasons I just gave.

They do have a ton of home games this year.

Yeah but its another advantage SEC teams take with scheduling. If you asked most teams if they could only play three actual road games all season and a couple neutral games where the worst they would have is half the stadium in their favor or six or seven road games , what do you think most would pick?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I listed those teams because I was told the SEC hasn't had 3 teams in the 10 at one time. I'm not looking for a team that has to play them all, but stating that up until 4 years ago, the SEC was loaded. Now it's moving towards the Big Ten and ACC.

SEC has lost some of their best coaches from 5 years ago. Richt, Les, Spurrier, and others, and haven't replaced them yet. The QB play has also gotten weak as hell in the SEC. The decline is real.
yeah but having that many ranked teams makes no difference if only 1 or 2 teams that are pretty much not ever contenders are the only ones that have to play them.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good thing you've found a bit of a home here for your 'other team' in the Pac12 thread, because talk like that will get you thrown out of the team SEC bus and they won't even wait for it to be stopped at a light.

:suds:

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but its another advantage SEC teams take with scheduling. If you asked most teams if they could only play three actual road games all season and a couple neutral games where the worst they would have is half the stadium in their favor or six or seven road games , what do you think most would pick?

Again, I don't disagree with you. Alabama will almost always start off with a neutral game for the $$$ and recruiting. Any team would do it.

yeah but having that many ranked teams makes no difference if only 1 or 2 teams that are pretty much not ever contenders are the only ones that have to play them.

But that isn't the case, as recent as 2014, Alabama had to play #11 Ole Miss, #21 Texas A&M, #16 LSU followed by #1 Miss State, #15 Auburn, #16 Mizzou.

It's those type of years when the FCC cupcake greatly helps the big boys in the SEC.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing you've found a bit of a home here for your 'other team' in the Pac12 thread, because talk like that will get you thrown out of the team SEC bus and they won't even wait for it to be stopped at a light.

:suds:

I live in SEC country, and my father who is one of the SEC Homers, says the same. I keep telling him if you want to the best QB's, watch the Pac

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't disagree with you. Alabama will almost always start off with a neutral game for the $$$ and recruiting. Any team would do it.

But that isn't the case, as recent as 2014, Alabama had to play #11 Ole Miss, #21 Texas A&M, #16 LSU followed by #1 Miss State, #15 Auburn, #16 Mizzou.

It's those type of years when the FCC cupcake greatly helps the big boys in the SEC.
how many were ranked at the end of the season?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many were ranked at the end of the season?

Maybe all but A&M, but I'm not certain of that. I know Ole Piss and their brother were ranked, LSU, Auburn, and Mizzou all were as well.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe all but A&M, but I'm not certain of that. I know Ole Piss and their brother were ranked, LSU, Auburn, and Mizzou all were as well.
LSU fell off and Auburn lost their bowl and was 8-5 and frankly should have fell off too.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've always said, every team in the SEC has a home game every week. Each and every game their fans can tow their traitor to which ever stadium the game happens to be at that given Saturday.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've always said, every team in the SEC has a home game every week. Each and every game their fans can tow their traitor to which ever stadium the game happens to be at that given Saturday.
Yep. We went to the peach bowl, got there two days before the game, and were like "weird, figured this place would be crawling with Bama folk, seems pretty even right now." Then the morning of the game they all rolled in and the streets were nothing but crimson and those goofy checkered Bear Bryant hats that are apparently issued to you when you're a Bama fan.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. We went to the peach bowl, got there two days before the game, and were like "weird, figured this place would be crawling with Bama folk, seems pretty even right now." Then the morning of the game they all rolled in and the streets were nothing but crimson and those goofy checkered Bear Bryant hats that are apparently issued to you when you're a Bama fan.
It was the same last season for the game at Jerry World. Its a "neutral site" game yet most Bama fams just drove there early that morning. Pretty cool you can have all your fans at like nine of your twelve games.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the same last season for the game at Jerry World. Its a "neutral site" game yet most Bama fams just drove there early that morning. Pretty cool you can have all your fans at like nine of your twelve games.
Seriously.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU fell off

LSU finished ranked 13th last year (8-4) and shut down your Heisman trophy winner.

Edit to Add: I'm not a team SEC guy, but don't spit out incorrect shit about LSU...bitch.

:happy:

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was there also. Bama fans travel well :D