• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say there is no way Petersen can land yet another QB with so many already committed for this class, and one for next class, but traditional thinking about picking a school for QB's appears to be dead. :noidea:

JT Daniels commited to USC today. Gives USC more separation between QBs since hes in the 2019 class. Now if they can get his WR Amon Ra. That would be a duo to fear.
DGBZDywUwAA4Ks2.jpg

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not regular
Well then, it's as good as any a time to ...

hop-on-board.gif

And yep, I had to use that Ghey Purple bus since there are soooo many Dawg fans on the PAC thread. :lol:

Disclaimer, the only time Purple and Gold have ever been very cool, it when they have this on the jersey!

4725_los_angeles_lakers-jersey-2002.png

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carrington is a UTE!

I actually wish him the best. It was just the wrong time for him to make that mistake and he had multiple chances to clean up his act at Oregon.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid got royally fvcked by SC ... and someone should kick the sh1t out of her neighbor and tell the cuck to mind his own fvckng business next time.

Hard to say. Its hard to confuse horsing around with actual physical abuse. You can usually tell the difference and then weve all seen woman who have been really fucked up by a boyfriend flat out lie for him once he's arrested. It's a private school. If they let this go and he does something later then they are accused of being soft on domestic violence. And yeah there's a good possiblity he didn't do anything which really sucks if thats the case.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say. Its hard to confuse horsing around with actual physical abuse. You can usually tell the difference and then weve all seen woman who have been really fucked up by a boyfriend flat out lie for him once he's arrested. It's a private school. If they let this go and he does something later then they are accused of being soft on domestic violence. And yeah there's a good possiblity he didn't do anything which really sucks if thats the case.
My first thought when reading the story was this really could go either way. Maybe she's telling the truth and this was a misunderstanding that appears to have had a story passed along through a couple of different sources before it reached the Title IX people so there was room for distortions. It also could be true and she tried to cover up so he wouldn't get in trouble.

There is no doubt though that sometimes good people get caught up in domestic charges out of the need to severely punish real cases. If that happened to this young man I hope he can move forward and not have this kill his future.

This isn't a minor blow to the Trojans who only list a RS Freshman as their other placekicker. That's a lot of game experience to lose in a position that is more mental than physical.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taking a tough stand against domestic violence of any kind is obviously necessary, especially given the number of incidents we see every year both in college and the NFL (not to mention other sports and society in general).

It is also true that women will often lie to protect the abuser.

The problem though, is what happens when the alleged victim is telling the truth and nothing happened? On the one hand, I can't necessarily blame the school for protecting itself, if he truly was abusive to her and she ended up seriously hurt or worse, the school is likely facing a huge lawsuit for not putting a stop to it, not to mention the damage, both physical and emotional that could be done to her.

On the other hand though, we now potentially have a young man who has lost his scholarship and can no longer attend the school of his choice, because of what appears (according to the alleged victim) to be an overreaction by the school.

I think the fact that she has gone to the lengths of hiring an attorney to help clear his name tends to speak to this being the school overreacting rather than to him abusing her.

Besides, he's a kicker, she could probably kick his ass anyway. lol

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have more updated vegas season win totals for the Pac than these from like a month ago?
  • USC: 9.5 (Over -180, Under +150)
  • Washington: 10 (Over +115, Under -145)
  • Stanford: 8.5 (Over -140, Under +110)
  • Colorado: 7.5 (Over +150, Under -180)
  • Oregon: 8 (Over EVEN, Under -130)
  • UCLA: 6.5 (Over -165, Under +135)
  • Washington State: 7.5 (Over -140, Under +110)
  • Oregon State: 5.5 (Over +115, Under -145)
  • Utah: 6.5 (Over +105, Under -135)
  • Arizona State: 5 (Over +110, Under -140)
  • Arizona: 5.5 (Over +120, Under -150)
  • California: 3.5 (Over -110, Under -110)
Or do we just use those for the yearly over/under wins pick'em?

Surprised to see Washington that high. That's around where I'd place them, but I'd expect that Vegas would put the Dawgs and Trojans at the same odds.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that story regarding the USC kicker. That really sucks, mostly because even if he was treated unfairly, that's how domestic abuse accusations are generally treated. I'm just surprised that they took the word of a neighbor so seriously.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised to see Washington that high. That's around where I'd place them, but I'd expect that Vegas would put the Dawgs and Trojans at the same odds.
I have them both at 9.5 for the pickem. I think we will have the SportsHoopla pickem version of that up fairly soon. Going to do all power five schools this year. I took bovada's numbers and rounded up whole numbers of 6 or lower to add .5 and whole numbers of 7 or higher and took .5 off.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them both at 9.5 for the pickem. I think we will have the SportsHoopla pickem version of that up fairly soon. Going to do all power five schools this year. I took bovada's numbers and rounded up whole numbers of 6 or lower to add .5 and whole numbers of 7 or higher and took .5 off.

I'd say 9.5 for both is a pretty good number.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Wiz if you still think it looks good, the season long over/under is now open in the pickems. Advertise as you see fit. This will close the day of the first game of the season (8/26).