• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jZ4WEbq.jpg

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, most of us aren't Ducks fans.

Funny, I see to remember a Husky fan constantly posting recruiting ranking in April. But it's only a problem if Oregon fans post about commits.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I see to remember a Husky fan constantly posting recruiting ranking in April. But it's only a problem if Oregon fans post about commits.
TBH they hate it when I post the recruiting updates. This bunch hates on just about everything .. except that SC poster you're quoting. He's pretty mellow. Almost too mellow imo to be an SC fan.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ducks fans are known for counting their Ducklings before they've hatched. Yes, folks post the early commits, but no one gets too excited and usually make comments like "Hope we can keep them all" or "It'll be a nice class if everyone stays committed".

Ducks fans meanwhile, post about early commits and say things like: "Taggart is killing it."

If the Ducks won a natty every time their fans said they were going to have one on a platter, they'd make Alabama look like....well, Oregon.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people have always posted recruit commits from all teams. Ive posted commitments of other schools. as long as they were pac schools. if someone posts it before me then i dont. or i might elaborate on it. it just happens Oregon had a huge weekend of commitments.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks fans are known for counting their Ducklings before they've hatched. Yes, folks post the early commits, but no one gets too excited and usually make comments like "Hope we can keep them all" or "It'll be a nice class if everyone stays committed".

Ducks fans meanwhile, post about early commits and say things like: "Taggart is killing it."

If the Ducks won a natty every time their fans said they were going to have one on a platter, they'd make Alabama look like....well, Oregon.
And if USC was back every time we heard they were back they would have been back when they were preseason #1 and not finished 7-5

and yes Taggart is killing it but i have also said its may. signing day is still far away. Guys like Bolden are nice pick ups but he has decommited from 1 school already so be weary.

and dont confuse OD with any sane person no one else has ever said natty on a platter. i dont even use the term natty

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if USC was back every time we heard they were back they would have been back when they were preseason #1 and not finished 7-5

and yes Taggart is killing it but i have also said its may. signing day is still far away. Guys like Bolden are nice pick ups but he has decommited from 1 school already so be weary.

and dont confuse OD with any sane person no one else has ever said natty on a platter. i dont even use the term natty
OD's ok. He's just passionate towards his team.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sanctions over and lookie here USC finished 3rd in the country.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol Yeah, happened 1 time when USC was under heavy sanctions. Shall we compare National Championships, PAC titles, Rose Bowl wins, major bowl wins, first round draft picks?

He'll be killing it if/when he actually signs those guys. Until then, it's virtually meaningless. I mean, if you look at where USC is currently ranked (with having fewer commits) USC fans could easily say that "Helton is killing it" but we don't because we know that an April/May commit doesn't mean a thing until they actually sign.

First of all, OD is one of my favorite posters on here so you watch yo damn mouf and don't make me come over there. lol

Also, he is not the only Ducks fan who has predicted Natty's on platters. Although, to be fair, he seems to be the only one who has done that who actually still posts here, so he gets respect for that. The others seem to have disappeared for the most part.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, you're really stretching this out to trash Duck fans. Duck fans, like most fans, are excited about some verbal commits of highly rated recruits. We all understand that nothing is finalized until they sign. However, it's also stupid to say the signing mean nothing.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you're really stretching this out to trash Duck fans. Duck fans, like most fans, are excited about some verbal commits of highly rated recruits. We all understand that nothing is finalized until they sign. However, it's also stupid to say the signing mean nothing.

#1 they haven't signed (his point) they are commits
#2 there's a history of Duck fans going full OD/Mamba on the rest of the fans . If you don't understand the reference then you won't get where we are coming from.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 they haven't signed (his point) they are commits
#2 there's a history of Duck fans going full OD/Mamba on the rest of the fans . If you don't understand the reference then you won't get where we are coming from.

So you're acting holier than thou because of one troll? Get over it

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. What's stupid is thinking it does. A verbal commitment in April/May from a 17/18 year old kid is meaningless unless they are still there on signing day.

The only thing more meaningless is a verbal from a kid who is a junior in high school.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're acting holier than thou because of one troll? Get over it

Just giving you some perspective. I can see why you'd be excited with the flood commits but like some have said it's way early and we have lived through seasons (not just one troll) of Duck fans (not just one) telling us how much our teams suck and how they will roll 60 on us and how they will win the "natty". So thats why we get on you guys for getting ahead of yourselves but not in a hate way in a rival fan way.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. What's stupid is thinking it does. A verbal commitment in April/May from a 17/18 year old kid is meaningless unless they are still there on signing day.

The only thing more meaningless is a verbal from a kid who is a junior in high school.

Hey isn't this the year that kid Kiffin signed/verbaled is actually going to play?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey isn't this the year that kid Kiffin signed/verbaled is actually going to play?

lol Maybe. I can't even remember who the kid was or what happened with him as he progressed. Wasn't he a quarterback?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Maybe. I can't even remember who the kid was or what happened with him as he progressed. Wasn't he a quarterback?

Yes Sills was his last name I think. Pretty sure I heard he's at maryland or some school out that way. Supposed to be a good kid and a good QB.