• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the name of the game is out score not out gain. the team with the most yards doesnt always win. the team with the most points always does.

No offense, but this "it's not the defenses fault" attitude when they have given up so many yards and points is exactly why Oregon is where they are right now and why when they were national championship caliber, they never won a national championship.

When you are giving up the yards and points that Oregon does and you lose...it's on the defense.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac-12 Podcast: Week 6 Recap + Week 7 Preview
PAC-12 Podcast: Week 6 Recap + Week 7 Preview
Jeremy and Mouth breakdown the reality of living in a conference dominated by Washington. Also, WTF is going on in the South?

21258264-standard.jpg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the PAC game of the week coming up?

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to guess WSU UCLA or CU v ASU.....thoughts from you all?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WSU Vrs UCLA should be interesting. Moras getting some heat here in LA. People are saying that this is as good as it's going to get for him. That you will get 8 win seasons with an occasional 9-10 win season and thats about it. WSUs playing with house money right now.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but this "it's not the defenses fault" attitude when they have given up so many yards and points is exactly why Oregon is where they are right now and why when they were national championship caliber, they never won a national championship.

When you are giving up the yards and points that Oregon does and you lose...it's on the defense.
I agree that the defense is what lost for Oregon against WSU and UW.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Oregon was never clearly the best team in the league as UW is.

B. The conference never wants to just crown Oregon since they always embarrass the conference when it counts whether it be performance or uniforms.
Embarrassment? WSU talking about embarrassment to the conference? What, is a short memory catching in the state of Washington?

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassment? WSU talking about embarrassment to the conference? What, is a short memory catching in the state of Washington?
LOL - WSU has led the conference in the Fulmer Cup for years. At least they have that.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost all very successful teams build on solid running games and controlling the line of scrimmage in general plus having a sound defense. That was the Don James formula as well. We have seen Bama and others do the same. Stanford is at their best when they can dominate the lines and play tough defense.

The bigger point though was about Oregon and where they are and how fast they might turn it around. If they stay with Helfrich they clearly need to make some change somewhere or at least show that there is progress before the end of the season. Some kind of hope that these younger kids are starting to get it. And Hoke just needs to go. I don't care if you are putting in a new defense, you don't get 70 hung on you at home half way through the season with at much talent as they have.

If they dump Helfrich now they have bigger questions. Can they find a guy that can jump in with this system with as unique as it is? Are you talking some other Kelly tree coach such as Frost? If not how much time is it going to take to sweep out the old and go with a new direction and get the kids in that can run that new system? And will the next coach be a hit or a miss? You can't really give most of them less than 3-4 years so each failure puts you 4-5 more years of frustration before you reset and try again.

Michigan went through it. ND has had their battles. SC is still hoping Helton is it. Texas may be on the verge of another change. Nebraska hasn't hit on one that really put them back where they should be.

NN and others think you just throw money at it and BAM you are back on top. Those programs above have very deep pockets of their own and still struggled. Oregon could get lucky and hit it first try, but I've seen plenty of examples to suggest it is more likely it takes a few tries and patience from the fans/school to get back there.
"NN and others think you just throw money at it and BAM you are back on top." Not originally, that was the mantra of every Washington poster on here since I've been on here. That and the poor memory of a loser but then who knows better. But I do agree and I do say, money will make a difference. Always has, always will. You'd still be where you were if OU didn't force you to spend some.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"NN and others think you just throw money at it and BAM you are back on top." Not originally, that was the mantra of every Washington poster on here since I've been on here. That and the poor memory of a loser but then who knows better. But I do agree and I do say, money will make a difference. Always has, always will. You'd still be where you were if OU didn't force you to spend some.
I don't even know what the hell you're talking about anymore, if I even did to begin with...

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know what the hell you're talking about anymore, if I even did to begin with...
Can't you read, Day Man? Don't know what I'm talking about when you were just about the biggest mouth of all.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't you read, Day Man? Don't know what I'm talking about when you were just about the biggest mouth of all.
I can read fine... Biggest mouth about what?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well so far my day at work has been fine. me and my boss talked a bit along with another coworker but he is not from around here so didn't really care about OR or WA. My boss said he thought about texting me on Sat but then decided not to and just leave me be.
other coworkers not even bringing it up.
Like I said I never got boastful over the years so maybe they remember this and are just letting it go.
or they feel like I suffered enough.
but also I haven't had a lot of interaction around here due to doing work.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not doubt that, I have seen no less than 5 threads saying Shaw should be fired on those boards, because he is under performing. Do these fucking people remember when a bowl season was the goal?

It's more like fans wishing "dreaming" for a guy like Shaw to come take the lead for their programs!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know if there was an attempt at a new point here because I already destroyed what it appears you are trying to say, but then this is so mixed up I'm not quite sure there really was a point.

OU didn't 'force' people to spend money and no other team in the conference has attempted to outdo or even match their crazy facilities. The upgrade to husky stadium was in the works way back when Hedges was still here and the upgrade to our facilities was tied to that project. The reason we got it when we did was the TV money increase with the network, just like everyone else in the conference. Oregon had ZERO to do with it.

Oregon won't reach the level they did under Kelly until they hit on the right coach and even storied programs have had difficulties with that. Money won't change that in any way. Money won't have a single thing to do with it. They already have those facilities. I mean what more can they actually spend money on that they haven't already?

None of that is related in ANY WAY to the fact that money DID buy them were they are. How do you not connect those very simple dots? THE MONEY IS ALREADY SPENT. MORE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING. I mean it's pretty damned easy to see the difference isn't it? :L
Phew! Thought I was the only one. That's some jumbled mixed up nonsense isn't it? :lol: