• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covered this is another thread but how strong really is Oregon passing game? Yeah I know mariota was arguably best qb. But who's there playmaker receiver? Go to guy when you need a 1st down? Seemed when they slowed down run got into 3rd and long they didn't have a solid playmaker. Do any of their received rank high in nation? Without looking it up im not so sure.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covered this is another thread but how strong really is Oregon passing game? Yeah I know mariota was arguably best qb. But who's there playmaker receiver? Go to guy when you need a 1st down? Seemed when they slowed down run got into 3rd and long they didn't have a solid playmaker. Do any of their received rank high in nation? Without looking it up im not so sure.

Didn't they have one receiver out injured and another out on drug suspension? :noidea: I know Mamba was freaking out over that kid not being at the game while a few others were of course saying next man up.

I'm not sure we saw their full offense on display last night.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they have one receiver out injured and another out on drug suspension? :noidea: I know Mamba was freaking out over that kid not being at the game while a few others were of course saying next man up.

Cardale says hi.

:lol:

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they were out their top three receivers.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah i don't follow them so my duck knowledge is limited. Quick look at stats shows Byron Marshall Marshall coverted to Wideout from RB this year. Most of the contributing receivers were freshmen. Find it odd keanon Lowe being such a insignificant part of offense being a senior receiver (28 receptions on the year)

Seems to be a position that doesn't get recruited as well as RB. No Oregon WR made all pac 12 team. I can't recall last several years being any all conference type of WR. Maybe these freshman change that in upcoming years.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying the next guy in will be as good as Mariota but just to point out Mariota became the starter wtihout taking a snap. he was a redshirt freshman and everyone just knew Brian Bennett was going to be the next guy because he was the back up and played in a few games the year before. remember Oregon is going to have most of the RB and WR back and young line players got a lot of experience due to the rash of injuries. so that side will be fine no matter who becomes QB1
on the other side though is where the main problem is. Not sure Oregon loses a ton they will lose a few key guys. but will the bend but dont break scheme keep working? not if last night was an indication. it has worked on some teams but everything broke last night

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense loses everyone.....

Leadership of our SR O Line guys and Mariota...big blows.

CFB won't see another QB like Mariota.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't mariota considering staying?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was awesome running the HUNH read option no doubt. Can't say there will be no better QB EVER tho. Let's just hope-n-pray when another one comes around he is wearing the orange-n-black of me Beavers. :whistle:

Onwerds...was a great season for some, disappointing one on my end. We have some new coaches and next year springs eternal here.

Dumped the cable box off this morning, should take about a month for the withdraws to pass. :yahoo:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Defense loses like 3 guys besides any Juniors that leave so maybe 4.
Leadership on the O line will continue with the next guys up lose Grasu, Fischer and Stevens but get back Johnstone and Yruretagoyena and guys like Brenner, Bair, Hunt, Crosby, Pierson with experience.

Yes CFB will see another QB like Mariota and so will Oregon. all records fall at somepoint. he will long be the greatest at Oregon but every school has greats. and then more great come along. Forever it was Joey then Dixon then Mariota.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick disclaimer:

*Oregon is a physical team, OSU was just more physical.

Nothing to be ashamed of, they were more physical than Bama as well.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was awesome running the HUNH read option no doubt. Can't say there will be no better QB EVER tho. Let's just hope-n-pray when another one comes around he is wearing the orange-n-black of me Beavers. :whistle:

Onwerds...was a great season for some, disappointing one on my end. We have some new coaches and next year springs eternal here.

Dumped the cable box off this morning, should take about a month for the withdraws to pass. :yahoo:

Give it a couple years for the coaches to make strides though. changing the game at OSU wont be a one season deal.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's college football. Every teams fans will have optimism going into next year.

It's also the Pac12. Every team has been building something with new coaches and facilities all over. Lots of reasons to be high on most of the teams for the foreseeable future.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a couple years for the coaches to make strides though. changing the game at OSU wont be a one season deal.

Yep I agree Oly...nothing ever happens "overnight" at OSU, well excluding our CBB program which does seemed to have changed overnight...go figure.

11-4 and heading Norte to the Warshington schools this weekend.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw one last night.

I thought the running game took off and made things easy for jones.

246 yards and 4 tds for Elliot. That goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.