• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sorry, our freshman RB who's been lights out all year coughed it up twice rather quickly. And we weren't stopping Oregon. We needed more on the front 7.

Either way got beat silly. I don't sugar coat

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC 6 years in a row? That's a blue print. Sorry you can't deal with facts and want to argue all day dude.

You need some dam medication.

I'd love to see the trophy case in the SEC offices with their trophies then.

Bama won most of those. Vandy had nothing to do with it. Neither did the vols, etc.

No team in the Pac has won any recently and that's because none have had the right combination of kids and coaching to get over that top. Largely because the whole conference has been in rebuilding mode. Of the original Pac10 schools David Shaw is the currently longest tenured HC and he took over in 2011. That's fucking amazing when you think about it. Only Whittingham at irrelevant Utah has been there longer. Why is the entire conference in a rebuilding mode? Well USC's is because of sanctions and the rest has been due to the influx of massive amounts of extra money and the need to both go with higher profile coaches and usher in new stadiums/facilities. Growth comes at an expense. It will take time for it to pay off and everyone knows that.

Now, do you want to have an actual discussion about it or just keep throwing jabs back and forth? I have my bet placed on which way you will go. :lol:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sorry, our freshman RB who's been lights out all year coughed it up twice rather quickly. And we weren't stopping Oregon. We needed more on the front 7.

Either way got beat silly. I don't sugar coat

could have sworn i saw Oregon strip the ball and knock it out

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could have sworn i saw Oregon strip the ball and knock it out

Shit I can't remember all 5 man. it was bad. The Oregon D played us physical. Not sure why they didn't bring physical mentality that last night.

The play that got me was the OSU QB 12 gauge running over the Oregon Nose tackle. I was like :wtf: dude barreled over that guy

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see the trophy case in the SEC offices with their trophies then.

Bama won most of those. Vandy had nothing to do with it. Neither did the
vols, etc.

No team in the Pac has won any recently and that's because
none have had the right combination of kids and coaching to get over that top.
Largely because the whole conference has been in rebuilding mode. Of the
original Pac10 schools David Shaw is the currently longest tenured HC and he
took over in 2011. That's fucking amazing when you think about it. Only
Whittingham at irrelevant Utah has been there longer. Why is the entire
conference in a rebuilding mode? Well USC's is because of sanctions and the rest
has been due to the influx of massive amounts of extra money and the need to
both go with higher profile coaches and usher in new stadiums/facilities. Growth
comes at an expense. It will take time for it to pay off and everyone knows
that.

Now, do you want to have an actual discussion about it or just
keep throwing jabs back and forth? I have my bet placed on which way you will
go. :lol:

Wiz talking to you is like talking to that bat shit crazy Ex-gf that just wants to fight. You find something and just go in circles until you throw a big enough fit.

So look at it like this... The SEC had a blue print for years. It was controlling the LOS and superb athletes, among many other things. Do you think it was a coincidence why the SEC won so many BCS championships?

Kind of like the NFC West. Defenses in the NFC West are just better than the rest of the league and have been dominant. And everyone else I trying to catch up. Will they? Yes they will. But I still don't see how a good offense can beat a dominant defense.

This is the last time I try to reason with you. I'm not throwing jabs. :lol: Just discussing football man geez. :omg:

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Print that works = other teams copy.

Happens in every sport

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC 6 years in a row? That's a blue print. Sorry you can't deal with facts and want to argue all day dude.

Why are you pimping the SEC anyway? Your team isn't even in the SEC. It's annoying enough when fans go team SEC on here. But your stupid ass is even more since you don't follow an SEC team. Second the SEC hasnt won the NC two years in a row now so whats this "blue print" crap? Did they forget their own blue print?
You have been on these boards for quite some time with your PAC doesnt play real defense bullshit and it's hilarious since it's the conference with the most ALL Americans on the defensive side.
If you have cared to notice the NFL has the PAC coaches that were doing great things prior to the SEC getting traction. Pete, Harbaugh, Chip all went to the NFL now ( Jims back at Michigan I know).
So get a new act. This one is as old and tired as your avi.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Media and Hype? What's that a blueprint for the WWE :noidea: conference bias is a thing if the last now. Bowls are no longer solely decided by polls with human error

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz talking to you is like talking to that bat shit crazy Ex-gf that just wants to fight. You find something and just go in circles until you throw a big enough fit.
I'm not throwing jabs. :lol: Just discussing football man geez.
So you start by taking jabs and then claim at the end you aren't. :L Either you can talk and carry on football conversations or you can't.

So look at it like this... The SEC had a blue print for years. It was controlling the LOS and superb athletes, among many other things. Do you think it was a coincidence why the SEC won so many BCS championships?

Kind of like the NFC West. Defenses in the NFC West are just better than the rest of the league and have been dominant. And everyone else I trying to catch up. Will they? Yes they will. But I still don't see how a good offense can beat a dominant defense.
Once again, the SEC didn't have blueprints for anything. The teams within it did. If the guy next to you is big and what you are doing can't beat them then you do it too or find some other way to defeat it given whatever resources you have available. Several teams in the SEC went into an arms race and have gobbled up most of the big athletic linemen available around the country. A couple of those teams have been solid enough to win titles in recent years. Their conference didn't have anything to do with it.

Teams in the NFCW have been a thorn in the sides of the rest of the NFC for the last 3-4 years. They have been the most physical of the defenses in any division in the conference over that span. It does take both to win in the NFL though. 9'ers came up short in the SB a couple of years back because of their offense, not their defense. Seattle won last year because they were solid on both sides. Well that and Denver shit the bed before the first minute came off the clock.

USC has had strong defenses going back decades. They have been under sanctions and it has cost them. Stanford has had strong defenses for several years now. ASU's defense has been on the rise and has surprised a few teams outside of the conference in recent years.

You need to be solid on both sides. You don't have to give UW fans speeches about Oregon's defense. We have been saying for years it isn't that good. They win by tiring out everyone else's D and just boat racing them to victory. When haven't we said that? It was on display last night. Give up 4 turnovers on offense and still slaughter the other team? Obviously their defense was fucking horrible.

Where you get into trouble is this SEC or PAC broad statement BS.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not to troll Oregon Fans but their scheme has proven it will not win a NC.

It's no secret, run the ball and stop the run, that's how you win games. Oregon's D knew it was coming, was ready for it, and still couldn't stop it. And, when OSU did throw, they dropped into zone too much and got picked apart. On offense the couldn't open holes big enough to establish a consistent running game.

It's sad if you're an Oregon Fan but this will mark their decline. I'm not convinced Helfrich is a great coach and I'm not convinced his style will attract the physicality needed in the trenches to win a NC.

USC is going to be scary next year!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not to troll Oregon Fans but their scheme has proven it will not win a NC.

It's no secret, run the ball and stop the run, that's how you win games. Oregon's D knew it was coming, was ready for it, and still couldn't stop it. And, when OSU did throw, they dropped into zone too much and got picked apart. On offense the couldn't open holes big enough to establish a consistent running game.

It's sad if you're an Oregon Fan but this will mark their decline. I'm not convinced Helfrich is a great coach and I'm not convinced his style will attract the physicality needed in the trenches to win a NC.

I'm not so sure it proves anything. First of all injuries are always a story of any late season football game and Oregon was without a few key receivers (ok, doing weed isn't an injury lol) and they were without their star CB among others. Ohio State is far and away the exception to the rule when it comes to playing with the next man up as their 3rd string QB is seriously legit.

If anything all that their two losses on the national stage have proven is they have yet to solve their own defensive philosophy to the point where it matches their offensive intensity.

Their offense wasn't good yesterday, but isn't it always a combination of things? I mean it doesn't mean if they played them again that the buckeyes would automatically do as well against them. And it sure doesn't mean some other physical team would automatically do as well either.

The only thing proven on the field yesterday was Ohio State was clearly the better team on that day. Everything else people want to pile onto that is speculation.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their scheme fits their recruiting level

2014 #26
2013 #22
2012 #16
2011 #11

(Current #19)

They consistently finish well above where they should based on the recruiting levels they bring in. And I really don't see what if anything Oregon can do to get better athletes. They are consistently bringing in classes around the top 20 despite a lack of in state local talent. They have state of the art facilities, and a rabid fan base.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oregon's gimmicky offense will never win the big one but don't be fooled into thinking they are going to freefall back where they belong. They aren't. I think they take a step back next year if Marsha goes pro, but they will be competing for Pac titles and rose bowl bids for the foreseeable future.

They still have Phil, if he continues to want to throw money away and that's more than most in the Pac.

Oregon isn't going to fade away. Someone has to Kick them back to the curb. Best chance is usc, but not with Sark running the show.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it's going to take another year for usc. In comparison the talent he will have at usc will easily be better than anything he ever had at Washington. They are on pace for a top 5 class. They were 10 or 12 last year. Having superior players can mask coaching ability. They lose algholor and buck Allen. They will be hard to replace.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure it proves anything. First of all injuries are always a story of any late season football game and Oregon was without a few key receivers (ok, doing weed isn't an injury lol) and they were without their star CB among others. Ohio State is far and away the exception to the rule when it comes to playing with the next man up as their 3rd string QB is seriously legit.

If anything all that their two losses on the national stage have proven is they have yet to solve their own defensive philosophy to the point where it matches their offensive intensity.

Their offense wasn't good yesterday, but isn't it always a combination of things? I mean it doesn't mean if they played them again that the buckeyes would automatically do as well against them. And it sure doesn't mean some other physical team would automatically do as well either.

The only thing proven on the field yesterday was Ohio State was clearly the better team on that day. Everything else people want to pile onto that is speculation.

Losing Allen to stretch the field hurts. Not sure how much a CB would have helped stop the run. Oregon lost because they couldn't stop it, period. Doesn't matter what kind of day they were having because they got out matched physically. That's just the truth, everyone saw it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see what if anything Oregon can do to get better athletes. They are consistently bringing in classes around the top 20 despite a lack of in state local talent. They have state of the art facilities, and a rabid fan base.
Well now that the heat has been off for a minute and the light isn't on them anymore they could go back to playing players out of Texas again. :whistle:

Look, getting to the top of college football isn't easy. It's hard. Fucking hard. There are so many storied and capable programs fighting you for it. You have to have a complete team and crazy depth then add maybe a little luck. Oregon came up a little short in the luck department and wasn't on their game.

I'm not sure they can or should do much differently except revamp their defense if at all possible and keep trying hard to get the bigger fast kids.

This shouldn't be as much about Oregon as it is about OSU. Tip your hat to Urban and what he has going there and go back to the drawing board in the spring.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, getting to the top of college football isn't easy. It's hard. Fucking hard. There are so many storied and capable programs fighting you for it. You have to have a complete team and crazy depth then add maybe a little luck. Oregon came up a little short in the luck department and wasn't on their game.

Yes and it is even harder when your having to go into other states to get all of your recruits.

Oregon's current class has 2 players from Washington and zero from Oregon. Last year's class had 1 player from Oregon. There is only so much great facilities and coaching can do to pull kids out of their rivals backyard.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oregon and the system can work because you dont get to the championship game twice in a matter of a few years if it doesn't. But the problem I see is you have to keep using that system no matter what because thats what you've recruited for and when the other team takes things away you dont have another way to run your offense. They made Mariota stay in the pocket for the most part and thats not his strength. . Ohio State could play the short the deep passing game it could play the power running game it could run on the edges or the QB could run. Their offense was complete they could do what they needed on any particular series. I cant see a more perfect QB to run the oregon system than Marcus and if he cant put you over the top I dont know who would. They had the running backs with all the yards but as they found out its not so easy to run when the other team has forced you to run by taking away the passing game. That system was made for teams with less to compete with bigger teams. Problem is Ohio state was bigger strong and maybe faster.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only so much great facilities and coaching can do to pull kids out of their rivals backyard.

That's where uncle money bucks comes in. Oregon will be on sanctions before the end of the decade.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon's gimmicky offense will never win the big one but don't be fooled into thinking they are going to freefall back where they belong. They aren't. I think they take a step back next year if Marsha goes pro, but they will be competing for Pac titles and rose bowl bids for the foreseeable future.

They still have Phil, if he continues to want to throw money away and that's more than most in the Pac.

Oregon isn't going to fade away. Someone has to Kick them back to the curb. Best chance is usc, but not with Sark running the show.

Yeah I think going from Mariota to a rookie is obviously going to be a step down. And that's not a knock on the new guy, just stating how good Mariota is. But Oregon will still be really good next year. They'll be in contention for another Pac-12 title. The north is pretty weak and the only team that might be capable of making a run at the division is probably Stanford, though I think Oregon will still take the North fairly easily. Don't really know how the South is going to shape up next season. I don't think USC is ever going to get back to the level they were at under Pete Carroll with Sark heading the show, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.