• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The Oops There's No Game Day Thread but I Want to Say Something Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Of The Year.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Of The Year.

I like that he pointed out that his team is being aggressive, too, by driving to the basket. Because the standard response to somebody complaining about no foul calls is to say that one team was being aggressive by going to the hoop and the other was passive. If what he says is true is that they drive to the basket as often, but don’t get the foul call, then that’s the issue. I feel bad for Scotty Barnes if they try to keep him away from the All-Star game now.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember this game had a 7 to 46 FT difference.

Afterwards Adelman said his team was shooting jumpers, so that they didn't deserve more foul calls.

Good to see Andre Miller went 10/10 from the foul line.

Ok, maybe I remembered wrong? Adelman is complaining here:

But Webber said "But that's not the reason we lost. We lost because they beat

us tonight. You can't cry about it.''

Maybe that's the part I remember, about him not using the FTs as an excuse.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Eastern All-Stars for the frontcourt (3 starters, 3 reserves, 2 wild cards). So a minimum of 6 frontcourt players have to be picked, but if both wildcard spots are used on frontcourt players, then it can be 8.

Antetokounmpo
Embiid
Tatum

Jaylen Brown
Bam Adebayo
Kristaps Porzingis
Scottie Barnes

I have him in my top 7.

Boston getting 3 All-Stars is a lot, but it happens sometimes. Four even happens sometimes. Actually what's interesting is that all 3 All-Stars are frontcourt players.

Jimmy Butler has missed too many games.

Not sure I can think of another forward, so I'd probably use the other wildcard spot on a guard.

If Jarrett Allen blocked shots like he did a few years ago, I would have considered him. Not that blocked shots are always the most impactful statistic, but it's something to differentiate him from others.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win. Even if the opposing team was missing one of their best players.

The Jazz were strong all game.

Would have been a very good win, had Markkanen shot 51%+.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we playing Keyonte George when we’re down by 33 with a minute to go? This is so damn fucking stupid. We don’t need to get him experience when down by 30 fucking points. Pisses me off when coaches make stupid shit decisions like this. He’s already missed multiple games from injury. You’re gonna screw up the fucking future playing a damn game that nobody showed up for.

And yes, as always, I understand that you can get injured doing anything. Slipping in the shower, walking to your car, trying to avoid injuries, etc. And as far as I know, he didn’t get injured in this last minute, but this stuff is frustratingly stupid. It’s more annoying than Grayson Allen’s face when he kicks an opponent.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when I posted last summer, that I didn't slip in the shower. I slipped on the floor right after I got out.

I had landed on the ground and my tablet feel to the floor. Luckily it wasn't broken, because I like my model.

Maybe you should add, someone could get hurt slipping on the bathroom floor.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so damn fucking stupid.

Does this finally qualify as a post in the Worst Team In Sports thread? Because they had the worst coach that night, with his rotation decisions when down by 30 points.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this finally qualify as a post in the Worst Team In Sports thread? Because they had the worst coach that night, with his rotation decisions when down by 30 points.

I was going to, but you already did on something else, and so, even though I believe whenever our coach does this, they would be the worst, I thought this was something that I would revisit every time it happens here.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we lost by 50, when did our last certificate player leave the game? And I know it is not nice to call someone significant, and the other is not, but I would say the players who play the top eight minutes.

Now that Collin Sexton is playing so much, I’m not sure if George is in that top eight anymore, but if he isn’t, I think he’s an exception because of one, he is the future and two, he has been injured this year. I know anyone can have a clean slate and then get injured, but i’m being cautious with somebody who’s already missed games for it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fair to limit George's minutes in blowouts. He has a possibility to crack the top 8, this year or next.

I'm glad Sexton is playing well. Probably the best he's played in his career. I wouldn't change his role at this point.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I know it is not nice to call someone significant, and the other is not,
But it is a realistic reflection of a team.

One of my peeves is how average age is calculated by most people in the NBA. They take the ages of everyone and divide by the number of players on the team.

But why should a 19 year old who isn't part of the rotation, or a 38 year old that is in the same situation, count the same as other players on the roster?

The average age on a roster should be weighted by what percent of the team's minutes that player has played for the season.

Then the starters that played the most minutes, should have their ages weighted the most. That would be a true reflection of the age of a roster.

I'm not going to use the Utah Jazz as an example, because the Jazz media department already overuses the Jazz in stats. But I'll use Portland. There was a year when they had Ha Seung Jin, as a 19 year old, on the roster. There were stats then about how this team was so young.

He played 104 minutes all year. Why is he being counted the same as Shareef Abdur-Rahim?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost tonight. Disappointed, yes, but surprised? No. Expecting it? No, but not surprised. Blue cheese on french fries? No, but not surprised.

The reason is because the Wizards just fired their coach. I don’t have any stats on this, but it seems like interim coaches have a pretty good record first game they coach. We have lost three in a row.

Now, sometimes this is set up by management firing the previous coach right after a hard game and before a light schedule. The Jazz are better than being considered a light schedule, but we’re not that great. I don’t know the reasoning for the firing being now versus next week or last week for Washington.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have any stats on this, but it seems like interim coaches have a pretty good record first game they coach.

On the ESPN boards, I created a thread called "Larry Krystowiak Is My Hero!".

Why?

Because when he took over as the Bucks coach, he beat the Spurs in his first game.

Bogut had 6
assists.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, sometimes this is set up by management firing the previous coach right after a hard game and before a light schedule.

Usually, I think things things involve a lot more decisions than who the next opponent will be.

Heading into the 2014-2015 season, the Kings management had predetermined to fire Michael Malone partway in the season.

They had secretly offered Alvin Gentry the head coaching job, if they were to let Malone go. They told him that in the offseason, heading into that season. However Gentry didn't want the job that way.

DeMarcus Cousins got hurt after 15 games. The Kings had been 9 - 6.

Instead of firing Malone after the predetermined 20 games, they let it get to 24. Kings had gone 2 - 7 in his absence.

Cousins returned after 25 games.

If the Kings had gone into the season in good faith with Malone, they would have waited for Cousins to return, then see if the Kings had continued to win decently, as they had before the injury.

Also, hiring a new coach or interim coach just because the next game or two is "light", is short signed. If a coaching change is made, then hopefully it's with a reasonable period of time in mind.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue cheese on french fries?

It's taken a long time. But I think I've realized I prefer french fries with less things on them. Just seasoning is good.

Otherwise, the fries start to get heavy and soggy. I like crisp french fries.

Blue cheese might not make fries as soggy as a sauce would, but I don't think it would add much.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have any stats on this, but it seems like interim coaches have a pretty good record first game they coach. We have lost three in a row.

I think you're right, in that new coaches midseason win their first game.

However, I think the Jazz will win tonight. I think we will see The Finnisher tonight.

With a bonus sighting of "Don't Walk This Way" Kessler. (Although I wish it was expected that he played great, and not a bonus).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the best of times.

IMG_5676.jpeg

It was the worst of times.

IMG_5677.jpeg

86-50
43-72