• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The Oops There's No Game Day Thread but I Want to Say Something Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting 4th quarter.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting 4th quarter.

No, no, no, no, no. Kessler had no blocks. It’s starting. He’s becoming offensive minded. Get back on defense! And yes, I know that there are more things one can do defensively, like deflections, steals, getting in the way, etc. to defend than just blocking.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no, no, no, no. Kessler had no blocks. It’s starting. He’s becoming offensive minded. Get back on defense! And yes, I know that there are more things one can do defensively, like deflections, steals, getting in the way, etc. to defend than just blocking.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Kessler had blocks. It's not starting.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz have too many bad losses already, for me to think they'll make the playoffs.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz have too many bad losses already, for me to think they'll make the playoffs.

I never know what they’re trying to do. Obviously when the ball goes in the basket, it was a good play and when it doesn’t it more often than before looks like a bad play or I get frustrated that they’re missing an easy shot. For example, there’s no reason why THT should be taking the last shot. I understand that other options were guarded, but there was a reason why he was open. The shot was so set up for him and he missed it. He had a good percentage, so I think that most of them are making closer shots.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bad shooting night for Keyonte George, but this game and last game, knock on wood, he had 20 assists and only three turnovers. I didn’t see the whole game but for one of the turnovers on Friday against the Grizzlies, I would have blamed the receiver of the pass.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bad shooting night for Keyonte George, but this game and last game, knock on wood, he had 20 assists and only three turnovers. I didn’t see the whole game but for one of the turnovers on Friday against the Grizzlies, I would have blamed the receiver of the pass.
Are you using the new over the air channel this year?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you using the new over the air channel this year?

I got the subscription because I wasn’t going to be home in front of a tv when they play. This lets me watch it delayed. I try not to see results, but this last game, there was a billboard, saying the score when I was driving home.

I know that a lot or majority of what the NBA makes is from TV deals and advertising and not by the tickets, but I see the stands at halftime, and it seems pretty empty in the Delta center. Towards the end of the third-quarter, it looks normal, but I also wonder, how many people are not going to buy tickets because it’s on TV - but that doesn’t make sense because the experience at the stadium is different than at home and if they did not have a TV option, you would end up not seeing the game as opposed to buying a bunch of tickets.

Someone was talking about the real incentive for the TV thing was to gain more fans from outside of Utah, those who do not belong in a state with a team already like Idaho would just turn on the TV at some point and see it. So they expanded the antenna ears coverage.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that a lot or majority of what the NBA makes is from TV deals and advertising and not by the tickets, but I see the stands at halftime, and it seems pretty empty in the Delta center. Towards the end of the third-quarter, it looks normal, but I also wonder, how many people are not going to buy tickets because it’s on TV - but that doesn’t make sense because the experience at the stadium is different than at home and if they did not have a TV option, you would end up not seeing the game as opposed to buying a bunch of tickets.
Did it look more full when Walker Kessler was playing in games?

But, that might not matter too much, because the Jazz still had an All-Star in Markkanen, so that should have been enough to want to see a good player in person.

I'll see if I can come up with any answers for the lesser than desired attendance.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz lose too often to Phoenix and Minnesota.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what is worse: the fact that I’ve gotten used to not having good shooting games that when I saw this box score, I thought “not bad, I wonder why we’re losing by so much?“ Or looking at the opponents percentage of 53.8% and thinking that the defense wasn’t “that” bad (compared to expectations of a 23 point losing situation).

IMG_3676.png

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's sad to think allowing another team to shoot 53.8% isn't that bad.

46.6% shooting for any team is decent.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cool that Minnesota has the best record in the NBA. Almost similar to the # 1 West seed Jazz team from a few years ago.

But, I don't have much confidence in Minnesota winning a playoffs series. A lot of those players just have not come close to getting it done in the past. Edwards can be the difference, though, as can Gobert.

It's going to suck, like it did for the Jazz, if Minnesota loses in the first round. Or even the second.

A team like Milwaukee losing in the first round is not as bad, since they are coming off a recent NBA championship. They still have that goodwill credit stored.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Markkanen to play great in a win.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz won. But I don't understand the decisions for the starting unit and bench unit.

Yesterday's WIN was very confusing.

Markkanen sucked, the starting lineup was weird. But it was an eight point win.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely beating Detroit almost made me post in the Worst Team In Sports Thread.

However, I don't think Detroit is as bad as their record, nor one of the worst teams I've seen.

If they had barely beaten a different bad team, I would have been more likely to post in that thread.

Markkanen has not looked like The Finnisher this year.

Why do Jazz players' flames go out so quickly? Jingles only lasted a few years. Now Markkanen.

Can't I enjoy someone (with some team success too) for longer?

Yes, Mitchell and Gobert were reasonably long. And it was cool how Mitchell was awesome right away as a rookie.

Lastly, to have some semblance that some parts of this roster are worth keeping long term, I want to see Markkanen and Kessler have success together, this year.

If Markkanen can't do it, this year, it's time to move on from him. Yes he was an All-Star last year. But given his injury history has creeped back this year, I don't believe in him anymore, if it doesn't lead to more wins (with Kessler).

Markkanen had a 8+ win share last year, 3 win share this year. (Will increase a little as the year goes on).

Markkanen's PER is 22, like last year. But he doesn't seem as good.

Kessler has also taken a step back this year. He had a 21 PER last year, 17 this year.

In my best case scenario, the Jazz would be able to play Markkanen, Kessler, Olynyk for years to come.

I have not commented on the guards in this post. That's because they are still an INCOMPLETE to me, as I'm still evaluating.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years has it been since the Jazz have won in Boston?

What about by double digits in Boston?