• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART 15

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going by records the Colts and Titians would be great trade targets. They have either the 3rd or 4th overall picks. The key question IMO is if you pull the trigger on such a trade who are you going after. Is there a RB besides Berkley rated that high or are you going after Ben's eventual replacement knowing he's going to sit a year or two. Course that was the plan for Ben when he was drafted and we all know all that worked out. Or a top Safety or CB??? Pass rusher would also be a possibility that high.
Colts maybe. Titans, they're all set with Henry.

But if they had a top 5 pick. I'd probably go with a top defender then take the best QB available at 28. The QB pool is deeper this year allowing teams with ammo to wait. Unless of course they feel strongly about someone then I'd flip that script.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ben says he’s not allowed to check to a fourth-and-1 quarterback sneak

Roethlisberger says he isn’t allowed to check out of the play that offensive coordinator Todd Haley calls and go to a quarterback sneak instead, even if he can see by the way the defense lines up that he’ll get the first down.

On his radio show this morning, Roethlisberger said it’s head coach Mike Tomlin’s call not to give him the freedom to audible at the line of scrimmage to a quarterback sneak.

“I have asked for it. I am fine with it. If they want to call it, I’m all for it,” Roethlisberger said, via Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Network.

After the loss to the Jaguars, Tomlin defended the decision not to run the quarterback sneak, saying the Jaguars are good at stopping it and that Tomlin was comfortable with the plays called. But to have a veteran franchise quarterback like Roethlisberger and not even give him the authority to call a quarterback sneak is odd. The Steelers might have won that game if they’d picked up those two fourth down conversions. Roethlisberger should have had the authority to make the best call.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ben says he’s not allowed to check to a fourth-and-1 quarterback sneak

Roethlisberger says he isn’t allowed to check out of the play that offensive coordinator Todd Haley calls and go to a quarterback sneak instead, even if he can see by the way the defense lines up that he’ll get the first down.

On his radio show this morning, Roethlisberger said it’s head coach Mike Tomlin’s call not to give him the freedom to audible at the line of scrimmage to a quarterback sneak.

“I have asked for it. I am fine with it. If they want to call it, I’m all for it,” Roethlisberger said, via Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Network.

After the loss to the Jaguars, Tomlin defended the decision not to run the quarterback sneak, saying the Jaguars are good at stopping it and that Tomlin was comfortable with the plays called. But to have a veteran franchise quarterback like Roethlisberger and not even give him the authority to call a quarterback sneak is odd. The Steelers might have won that game if they’d picked up those two fourth down conversions. Roethlisberger should have had the authority to make the best call.

I must agree...he should have the authority to call it.

The one that really bothered me was in the first half, when it was fourth and about a foot. Given Ben's size and strength, and the fact that they could have lined up a fullback behind him to help shove him across, a keeper was the logical call. Not to mention the undeniable fact that Ben had one of the NFL's best centers in front of him. That's basic football.

But Haley seems to think of himself as ABOVE basic football. So he tried to outfox the Jags, and had Ben pitch the ball BACK. :L

This, I think, just shows the stupidity of having an offensive coordinator who never played the game. Seriously...from what I've heard, Haley never played at any level...not even Pop Warner or PeeWee league. So he tends to look at the field as if it were a chess board, and the players as chess pieces, never having been in their shoes himself.

I still have mixed feelings about Tomlin...but Haley should go.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The one that really bothered me was in the first half, when it was fourth and about a foot. Given Ben's size and strength, and the fact that they could have lined up a fullback behind him to help shove him across, a keeper was the logical call. Not to mention the undeniable fact that Ben had one of the NFL's best centers in front of him. That's basic football.

But Haley seems to think of himself as ABOVE basic football. So he tried to outfox the Jags, and had Ben pitch the ball BACK
. :L

This, I think, just shows the stupidity of having an offensive coordinator who never played the game. Seriously...from what I've heard, Haley never played at any level...not even Pop Warner or PeeWee league. So he tends to look at the field as if it were a chess board, and the players as chess pieces, never having been in their shoes himself.

What was even more embarrassing than that 4th & 1 play was that they ran the EXACT play right before that call.

Todd Haley logic: "Let's pitch the ball & try to run a stretch play outside the tackles against the fastest defense in the NFL... not only once, but twice to the same side of the field"

22t1lk.jpg

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Haley seems to think of himself as ABOVE basic football. So he tried to outfox the Jags, and had Ben pitch the ball BACK. :L

Every point scored in that game was due to Ben and amazing athleticism and skill from his skill player. Scheme was the first three bullshit possessions where they did weird stuff like rb sweeps against the Jags and came away scoring no points.

Haley was blessed with the best talent in the world, but has no brain to use it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every point scored in that game was due to Ben and amazing athleticism and skill from his skill player. Scheme was the first three bullshit possessions where they did weird stuff like rb sweeps against the Jags and came away scoring no points.

Haley was blessed with the best talent in the world, but has no brain to use it.
A packers fan asked, in Haley's defense, this question earlier today:

packerzrule: MEH, HC has the authority to overrule a OC shitty call. Besides, who takes credit then for the Steelers being 3rd in total points and 8th in points scored?

And I essentially said point blank: The Killer B's.

But he started off by claiming it was Tomlin shitting his pants with the play calling to which I promptly threw Haley under the bus.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously...from what I've heard, Haley never played at any level...not even Pop Warner or PeeWee league. So he tends to look at the field as if it were a chess board, and the players as chess pieces, never having been in their shoes himself.
Damn you weren't kidding... This post made me go dig up his wiki page.

Haley was born on February 28, 1967, in Atlanta, Georgia [1] He is the son of Dick Haley, formerly Director of Player Personnel for the Pittsburgh Steelers (1971–1990) and New York Jets (1991–2002) and also a former NFL cornerback (1959–1964).[2]

As a youth, Haley was a ball boy for the Steelers and attended Steelers training camps with his father.[2] Alongside his father, Haley would watch the Steelers' game and practice film.[2][3] While his family was located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for his father's profession, Haley attended Upper St. Clair High School.[2] He went on to attend the University of Florida and University of Miami, playing on the two schools' respective golf squads.[2] Haley graduated from the University of North Florida in 1991 with a bachelor's degree in communication.[2]

Couldn't find anything more about his childhood. Looks like he was simply a film study geek that played golf. Learned Football from his father. Coached WR's for 10 years before doing 2 years as an OC in Arizona.

Do you realize that if Haley returns that he will tie Tom Moore as the longest tenured offensive coordinator in Steelers history?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you weren't kidding... This post made me go dig up his wiki page.

Couldn't find anything more about his childhood. Looks like he was simply a film study geek that played golf. Learned Football from his father. Coached WR's for 10 years before doing 2 years as an OC in Arizona.

Do you realize that if Haley returns that he will tie Tom Moore as the longest tenured offensive coordinator in Steelers history?

If they bring him back......

Fuck it, where's @Wamu if Haley comes back send me a Fuckin Brown's Jersey.
I'll get on their bandwagon.........

:lol:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they bring him back......

Fuck it, where's @Wamu if Haley comes back send me a Fuckin Brown's Jersey.
I'll get on their bandwagon.........

:lol:
Careful, What if Wamu thinks you're serious??? Or mrschaney sends you a Bengals jersey instead????????

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see these posts yet... Great news about Munch.

Would appear the decision on the OC job in Pittsburgh is rapidly materializing. Fichtner or Munchak.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see these posts yet... Great news about Munch.

Would appear the decision on the OC job in Pittsburgh is rapidly materializing. Fichtner or Munchak.
I think it's Randy getting that job. Munch I expect to be named Assistant HC with a big pay bump. I know Coach Mitchell is that right now. But he might retire, he was already thinking about it, or drop back to just DL coach.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful, What if Wamu thinks you're serious??? Or mrschaney sends you a Bengals jersey instead????????

If mrsdickChaney sends me a bunghole Jersey, I'll have backup for when the shitter paper runs out.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was even more embarrassing than that 4th & 1 play was that they ran the EXACT play right before that call.

Todd Haley logic: "Let's pitch the ball & try to run a stretch play outside the tackles against the fastest defense in the NFL... not only once, but twice to the same side of the field"

22t1lk.jpg

The meme is funny, but I have concerns......

Doesn't he strike you as the type that would eat the crayons or even jam them up his nose????

Ahhhhh fuck it, one can only hope huh!!!!!