• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Manning get two games for his hit on Guentzel also, which could theoretically fuck up our trade plans.
It's just sickening that the pens continue to get favoritism. Last week malkin completely ran wheeler with a head shot received two minutes. Next game trouba does the same thing gets two games. I used a different team just to show that it's not only happening to Philly... ridiculous bias.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand the Flyers PP? They are so pass happy and wait for the perfect play rather than just shoot the damn thing on net. Everything looks slow and predictable.
Slow and predictable can also be said about our 5 on 5 play.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same shit different game.....

We have 38 shots on goal and can only find the back of the net on 2 :L
Offense sucks.....

We allow 28 shots on our goal but 4 get by the net minder :L
Defense is improved, but WTF is with the goalies.....

And lastly....fuckin refs suck horse dick!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems Ghost is getting his confidence back!!!!

cropped_GettyImages-510023774.jpg

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Manning get two games for his hit on Guentzel also, which could theoretically fuck up our trade plans.

It's just sickening that the pens continue to get favoritism. Last week malkin completely ran wheeler with a head shot received two minutes. Next game trouba does the same thing gets two games. I used a different team just to show that it's not only happening to Philly... ridiculous bias.

Well, I basically called it. Manning officially suspended for two games.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a crushing hit and my favorite play of that game. I expected a suspension after the announcers pretty much called out manning on national TV for a head shot and interference that was missed.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was a crushing hit and my favorite play of that game. I expected a suspension after the announcers pretty much called out manning on national TV for a head shot and interference that was missed.

Watching the replay, what was Manning suppose to do, I mean if you look Guentzel was squating like he was taking a dump. How are you not going to take a head shot????

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"When they won their 10th straight on Dec. 14, only three NHL teams (Chicago, Montreal, and Pittsburgh) had more points than the Flyers, who had a nine-point cushion over ninth-seeded Tampa Bay in the East."

Every time i read this it makes me so mad. :smash:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"When they won their 10th straight on Dec. 14, only three NHL teams (Chicago, Montreal, and Pittsburgh) had more points than the Flyers, who had a nine-point cushion over ninth-seeded Tampa Bay in the East."

Every time i read this it makes me so mad. :smash:

Lol A nine point lead over 9th. Now we are 11th with three teams right behind us.

At this stage, what Hexy is alluding to is correct. It's no longer about making the playoffs, it's just about playing with consistency again so we truly know what we have here.

Yes, it's still possible to make the postseason, but it's very unlikely with several teams ahead of us, a six point gap and we would lose the tiebreaker.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol A nine point lead over 9th. Now we are 11th with three teams right behind us.

At this stage, what Hexy is alluding to is correct. It's no longer about making the playoffs, it's just about playing with consistency again so we truly know what we have here.

Yes, it's still possible to make the postseason, but it's very unlikely with several teams ahead of us, a six point gap and we would lose the tiebreaker.

If we keep playing terrible which i hope we do as i dont see any more ten game winning streaks happening which would help us to make the playoffs we can possible get a 3rd to 5th first round pick.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Columbus beat the rags last night and another frustrating thing is to watch Bob be the goalie that we could've had for years.

Another note Hartnell still producing. Did we win that trade or not?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Columbus beat the rags last night and another frustrating thing is to watch Bob be the goalie that we could've had for years.

No getting rid of Hartnell was stupid, he was our other blue collar scorer.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the second we bought out Umberger, that was a realization that we lost that trade. We're paying $1.6 million this season and even $1.5 million next season for him not to play for us.

The other end of it is that Hartnell has 64 goals with Columbus since the trade, which is pretty substantial. Those are definitely goals that we could use right now.

Over the next couple of seasons, we will regret this trade less though because we won't have Hartnell at 35 and 36 making close to $5 million. Specifically the 2018-19 season when they'll have one last year of Hartnell and we'll have the empty cap space to sign our prospects, make trades or even sign some free agents.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either A, it was a bad trade because Hartnell has significantly outperformed Umberger or B, It was a good trade because Hextall was looking at a long-term rebuild and needed the cap space over a short term bump in performance. If B, then you also move Giroux while he still has value, no? Maybe not right NOW, given that his play and value are at a bit of a low, but soon...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either A, it was a bad trade because Hartnell has significantly outperformed Umberger or B, It was a good trade because Hextall was looking at a long-term rebuild and needed the cap space over a short term bump in performance. If B, then you also move Giroux while he still has value, no? Maybe not right NOW, given that his play and value are at a bit of a low, but soon...

I think this was always the point of the Hartnell trade. They weren't built to compete while Hartnell was still in his prime. Giroux is 5 years younger so he stayed on and likely will stay on IMO. At this point i don't think moving giroux does you any good. The combination of his salary and pretty steep decline the past couple of years is going to chase people away. Most contenders don't have the space to accommodate him, certainly not for the next 5-6 years or however long his contract goes. So you either have to take back a bad contract, or get pretty low value for him IMO. At that point, might as well keep him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with this you on this. I know Mav isn't but in my eyes we need a number one center to play that spot.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was always the point of the Hartnell trade. They weren't built to compete while Hartnell was still in his prime. Giroux is 5 years younger so he stayed on and likely will stay on IMO. At this point i don't think moving giroux does you any good. The combination of his salary and pretty steep decline the past couple of years is going to chase people away. Most contenders don't have the space to accommodate him, certainly not for the next 5-6 years or however long his contract goes. So you either have to take back a bad contract, or get pretty low value for him IMO. At that point, might as well keep him.
If we sweetened the pot with Hagg and a low pick we could get a top player back i would think.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be interested to see what the actual game plan is for the rest of the season? Who will get more time and what we will be fighting for, at this point I have no reason to believe we'll make the playoffs let alone compete. Hopefully management has something up their sleeves to set this team in the right direction.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we sweetened the pot with Hagg and a low pick we could get a top player back i would think.

getting in to a lot of ifs at this point, but does that make you better you think? realistically the flyers wont compete this year or next year it doesn't look like. i look at 2 years down the road, when you have myers, provorov, sanheim, morin, ghost, and hagg on the back end. chances are you're going to move one or more of those guys for offensive help. having hagg at that point might free you up to trade someone like myers or provorov for a truly top flight guy, ie the Larsson for Hall trade. i look at a team like the leafs who are turning in to a bit of a mirror of the flyers with all the offensive studs they're putting together.

if you can trade Provorov for Marner or Nylander (or even Matthews) in 2 years because your depth on defense is so great, i think it's worth it to be patient at this stage and let them develop more. i don't think the leafs would be interested at this point either, because their window is just starting to think about opening too, but in 2 years maybe.

just an example.. who knows if you'd be able to swing something like that, who knows if that would even be a good trade for the flyers in two years. but i wouldnt attach a prospect to giroux just to try to get some value out of him. that prospect might be extremely valuable on his own in a few years.

or he might not ever get out of the AHL, who really knows haha.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting in to a lot of ifs at this point, but does that make you better you think? realistically the flyers wont compete this year or next year it doesn't look like. i look at 2 years down the road, when you have myers, provorov, sanheim, morin, ghost, and hagg on the back end. chances are you're going to move one or more of those guys for offensive help. having hagg at that point might free you up to trade someone like myers or provorov for a truly top flight guy, ie the Larsson for Hall trade. i look at a team like the leafs who are turning in to a bit of a mirror of the flyers with all the offensive studs they're putting together.

if you can trade Provorov for Marner or Nylander (or even Matthews) in 2 years because your depth on defense is so great, i think it's worth it to be patient at this stage and let them develop more. i don't think the leafs would be interested at this point either, because their window is just starting to think about opening too, but in 2 years maybe.

just an example.. who knows if you'd be able to swing something like that, who knows if that would even be a good trade for the flyers in two years. but i wouldnt attach a prospect to giroux just to try to get some value out of him. that prospect might be extremely valuable on his own in a few years.

or he might not ever get out of the AHL, who really knows haha.
So if Giroux is on the decline like i think we should just keep him around and have him collect 8 million a year as his value declines even further. Also its nice to think the we will have Myers/Prov Sanheim Morin and Hagg all at once but the truth is we wont be able to afford to keep them all if they are even half as good as we expect. So as nice as it is to think all six will be with us it wont happen and right now if we could throw in a Hagg for a top flight player like say Stamkos i say do it. This is all for naught as Hextall is not trading Gee but i would like to see a player here who could play 5 on 5 and not just a PP QB.