• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best thing that happened in the game was when they announced that Jake scored the 3rd goal and not Simmer. Fans were almost booing and Jake was asking for some love. The whole team seemed to actually enjoy the moment. Hopefully a little spark like that gets some passion back.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a move for expansion or have we picked Neuvy over Mase?

That's a good question. Either way, that makes it look like we could be trading Mase today or perhaps we somehow want both of them.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Florida takes the final playoff spot. and honestly i don't even think it will be all that close. they stayed competitive without Huberdau and Bjugstad, now that they're back, that team is significantly better than the teams they're competing with for that spot, IMO.
Guess that makes tomorrow a big game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess that makes tomorrow a big game.

Uh, an enormous game, yes. I bet Hexy wishes we had played it earlier in the week so we had a better idea of how serious our boys are at making a playoff push.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good question. Either way, that makes it look like we could be trading Mase today or perhaps we somehow want both of them.
Is it the best time to be concentrating on a goalie contract, It would've been nice to have gotten this out of the way a day or two before deadline day.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it the best time to be concentrating on a goalie contract, It would've been nice to have gotten this out of the way a day or two before deadline day.

Maybe we were playing Neuvy a lot to see if anyone got interested in him and now that there's not enough of a market for him, we're extending him instead...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we were playing Neuvy a lot to see if anyone got interested in him and now that there's not enough of a market for him, we're extending him instead...
I think that is the case it has to be why Nuevy started all of those game in a row.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe it's almost noon and we have virtually zero Nhl trades today....

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanek just went for Mclrath and a 3rd rounder.

Yeah, but that is such a minor trade...Lol Vanek has been terrible for a long time now I feel like...

Actually, his stats are far better than I thought, but still not near the player he once was. Detroit must've put him in every possible position to succeed...Lol

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this idea from one of the announcers the other night and i thought it was a good idea. With all of the replays on goals because of off sides just like last night on Weals goal. He was saying just make the blue line about 2 inches thick it would be easier to see if a skate is on the line or over it. Anyone else think its a good idea?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the buzz about Nuevy getting a contract deal......

This could mean any number of things.

• They like Neuvirth and legitimately want him to be the starting goaltender next season. (This would be weird since uhhhhh, Neuvy has been #bad this year. No offense or anything, bro.)
  • They are trying to sign Neuvirth so that they can protect Anthony Stolarz and leave Neuvirth up for grabs in the expansion draft.
  • They are leaking to the media that they want to sign Neuvirth to give the illusion that they value him so that — maybe, just maybe — they can move him for something of value on Wednesday. (As we’ve discussed, that seems unlikely.)
  • The idea of breaking up a family is just too much for Ron Hextall to handle.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why they would bee looking to sign him and then not protect him. Especially after the fact they don't bring up Stolarz and not get him the experience that he needs.

Idk, stranger things have happened I guess.
Bank on this being 75% different team within the next two seasons, there is way too much young talent on the Phantoms to be ignored and Hakstol can get the young guys mindset to his system easier than the vets on the team.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the buzz about Nuevy getting a contract deal......

This could mean any number of things.

• They like Neuvirth and legitimately want him to be the starting goaltender next season. (This would be weird since uhhhhh, Neuvy has been #bad this year. No offense or anything, bro.)
  • They are trying to sign Neuvirth so that they can protect Anthony Stolarz and leave Neuvirth up for grabs in the expansion draft.
  • They are leaking to the media that they want to sign Neuvirth to give the illusion that they value him so that — maybe, just maybe — they can move him for something of value on Wednesday. (As we’ve discussed, that seems unlikely.)
  • The idea of breaking up a family is just too much for Ron Hextall to handle.
The last one made me laugh out loud.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why they would bee looking to sign him and then not protect him. Especially after the fact they don't bring up Stolarz and not get him the experience that he needs.

Idk, stranger things have happened I guess.
Bank on this being 75% different team within the next two seasons, there is way too much young talent on the Phantoms to be ignored and Hakstol can get the young guys mindset to his system easier than the vets on the team.
I pray that we see a 75% new team next year.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors.........

Coots was just taken off the ice midway through practice.

Could he be gone?????

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ink is dry on Neuvy's contract.

Signed for two years. 2.5 mill

Twitter is saying they are using him as a bridge to get the young goalies up and running.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Shit is flying.

People saying Hexy is an idiot for resigning the worst goalie and the worst scoring forward in the league.....

Gotta love these give it to me now fans.....fuck off, get a team that would enjoy hearing your bullshit.
Maybe they should run the team and we can criticize their stupidity.