• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is crazy....so much for doing anything to shake this team up.

Well, Filppula is 5th on Tampa in scoring, so maybe he helps distribute the puck at even strength so more of our wingers can put the puck in the net. It certainly shakes up the team if he is a top six guy for us. Also, he can play on the second power play unit, for sure.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does everyone think of the Streit trade?

I'm good with it. Filppula could be the short-term answer at 2C that this team has needed and might help jump-start the offense, and they're only on the hook for one more year worst case. If he plays well he stays next year, if not they can expose him in the expansion draft (since he waived his NMC) or buy him out. They can still re-sign Streit in the offseason to serve as a 6th/7th d-man if they want him to help mentor the young guys. Let the d-men prospects compete for a role or two, and maybe sign one other cheap veteran to provide camp competition.

Who gets brought up to take Streit's place?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with it. Filppula could be the short-term answer at 2C that this team has needed and might help jump-start the offense, and they're only on the hook for one more year worst case. If he plays well he stays next year, if not they can expose him in the expansion draft (since he waived his NMC) or buy him out. They can still re-sign Streit in the offseason to serve as a 6th/7th d-man if they want him to help mentor the young guys. Let the d-men prospects compete for a role or two, and maybe sign one other cheap veteran to provide camp competition.

i would like to see Morin please.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Filppula is 5th on Tampa in scoring, so maybe he helps distribute the puck at even strength so more of our wingers can put the puck in the net. It certainly shakes up the team if he is a top six guy for us. Also, he can play on the second power play unit, for sure.
Ok we are gonna go with what we got for the rest of the year. LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We currently have 6 and when Manning's suspension is over we have 7.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to see Morin please.

You know that no one will be brought up till next year......

There is only going to be so many that can be protected in the expansion draft, and we don't want to lose what we have on the Phantoms.

It could be why this season is being such a wash, because they don't want to pull these guys up then the Vegas team steals them.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Valtteri Filppula bring to the Flyers?

Filppula is a defensively capable, second line center. If he's your third line center, all the better. He is a playmaker that will likely make you scream shoot as he doesn't use his wrist shot enough to keep teams honest. Also, don't let him take one-timers. He seriously sucks at them.

This doesn't sound very reassuring!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Valtteri Filppula bring to the Flyers?

Filppula is a defensively capable, second line center. If he's your third line center, all the better. He is a playmaker that will likely make you scream shoot as he doesn't use his wrist shot enough to keep teams honest. Also, don't let him take one-timers. He seriously sucks at them.

This doesn't sound very reassuring!!!
We should be used to a pass first guy as we have a team full of them.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be used to a pass first guy as we have a team full of them.

48169252.jpg

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Mr MVP scoring first tonight......WTF two games in a row, He can do it!!!!

AR-141219695.jpg

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill go with Gee with who may get some new life after not being traded.

:lol:

I was doing a bit of research this week, I think even @Maverick426h would be interested in this.

Giroux has a clause in his contract that once he turns 27 there is no-move clause to his contract.
It was an 8 year deal starting 14-15 so we still have 4 years of Gee!!!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

I was doing a bit of research this week, I think even @Maverick426h would be interested in this.

Giroux has a clause in his contract that once he turns 27 there is no-move clause to his contract.
It was an 8 year deal starting 14-15 so we still have 4 years of Gee!!!!

At the time though this was a good contract for the franchise, I hope he can get back to true form and lead this team to a cup in the next couple of years.