• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hqdefault.jpg

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read the PEB is getting Streit's "A".

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd line tonight
Schenn - Filppula - Jake.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers also announced that they have signed 2016 first-round pick German Rubstov to a three-year entry-level contract. Rubstov currently has eight goals and 20 points in his first 14 QMJHL games with the Chicoutimi Sagueneens, including this highlight reel goal earlier this week.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers also announced that they have signed 2016 first-round pick German Rubstov to a three-year entry-level contract. Rubstov currently has eight goals and 20 points in his first 14 QMJHL games with the Chicoutimi Sagueneens, including this highlight reel goal earlier this week.

?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enormous two points. I think we went toe to toe with Florida for most of the game. Definitely a lull for us midway through the second when they kicked it up a few notches and we had no answer, but we later recovered.

The power play looked incredible the first time out and then we stopped competing.

How about Filppula? Our second line with him centering looks like our most dangerous line again and again. He appears to be one of our most dynamic players already too. Can't wait until we work him into the power play somehow.

I think we have centers now top to bottom that can get the job done defensively. Giroux is definitely careless at times with the puck, but he can do it.

Obviously it stings not winning in regulation, but I think Florida could get in without needing a wild card, whereas we need one of them to make it.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enormous two points. I think we went toe to toe with Florida for most of the game. Definitely a lull for us midway through the second when they kicked it up a few notches and we had no answer, but we later recovered.

The power play looked incredible the first time out and then we stopped competing.

How about Filppula? Our second line with him centering looks like our most dangerous line again and again. He appears to be one of our most dynamic players already too. Can't wait until we work him into the power play somehow.

I think we have centers now top to bottom that can get the job done defensively. Giroux is definitely careless at times with the puck, but he can do it.

Obviously it stings not winning in regulation, but I think Florida could get in without needing a wild card, whereas we need one of them to make it.

That game was painful to watch at times. Reimer(sp) was getting very lucky, I don't think he saw half those shots. Wish we could have buried some of those shots I agree a win in regulation would have been great,

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how about Filppula....No practice time and barely enough time to meet his new teammates and he sinks one!!! Damn nice!!!!

I will say this about Giroux, yes he made a big mistake that cost us a goal, but he was pissed afterwards. He wanted to knock the shit out of someone.....That fight, that anger shows he still cares. He just needs something to get him out of his funk!!!! :thumb: for Gee!!!!

I like the fact that Ghost isn't sitting in the cheap seats and taking shots. If you noticed, he rushed the net and took the shots last night.. And a lot more confidence in the kid, he's turning it around!!!!

Jordan Weal....How bad does this kid want to be here??? Damn. A++ effort for him last night!!!!

That's 2..... @lasgop8 should we start a count???

ShirtLogo-1_d8eaadef-9dd3-4193-92f6-093ae6f7168f_grande.jpg

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how about Filppula....No practice time and barely enough time to meet his new teammates and he sinks one!!! Damn nice!!!!

I will say this about Giroux, yes he made a big mistake that cost us a goal, but he was pissed afterwards. He wanted to knock the shit out of someone.....That fight, that anger shows he still cares. He just needs something to get him out of his funk!!!! :thumb: for Gee!!!!

I like the fact that Ghost isn't sitting in the cheap seats and taking shots. If you noticed, he rushed the net and took the shots last night.. And a lot more confidence in the kid, he's turning it around!!!!

Jordan Weal....How bad does this kid want to be here??? Damn. A++ effort for him last night!!!!

That's 2..... @lasgop8 should we start a count???

ShirtLogo-1_d8eaadef-9dd3-4193-92f6-093ae6f7168f_grande.jpg
What a game we went from being dominant to looking so bad to getting the two points. Definitely a roller coaster of a game. Flipper nice goal welcome to the squad but how about the play by Schenn to get him the puck. Schenn made that whole play and has a 6 point streak and nobody ever says a word about him. I personally think he should've gotten the A instead of Frenchie but so be it. I wont even get on Gee today as that was as embarrassing of a play there is. Mase stole the show last night IMO the number 1 star and has played two solid games in a row now.Great call mentioning Weal he is playing like he belongs and deserves to as of now.

2 points closer to the playoffs LETS GO FLYERS!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was painful to watch at times. Reimer(sp) was getting very lucky, I don't think he saw half those shots. Wish we could have buried some of those shots I agree a win in regulation would have been great,
What i liked about our shots last night was that they were scoring chances not just 40 shots per game which are flip ins from the side boards. We had a purpose to get to the net with good chances.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HUGE HUGE HUGE two points. In the second half of the second period it was like we got pressured from their D in our zone and didn't know what to do. Hope we learn from that and move on. The 5 on 3 was bad right from the non face off win. It took a lot of time off the two man advantage. The main goal was to get the win and we got two points and hopefully we take two more next game.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game we went from being dominant to looking so bad to getting the two points. Definitely a roller coaster of a game. Flipper nice goal welcome to the squad but how about the play by Schenn to get him the puck. Schenn made that whole play and has a 6 point streak and nobody ever says a word about him. I personally think he should've gotten the A instead of Frenchie but so be it. I wont even get on Gee today as that was as embarrassing of a play there is. Mase stole the show last night IMO the number 1 star and has played two solid games in a row now.Great call mentioning Weal he is playing like he belongs and deserves to as of now.

2 points closer to the playoffs LETS GO FLYERS!!!!

I think they played big time hard in the first, then after the goal it just took the wind out of them.....
As I could see how it would, but hey shit happens.....

Schenn, was above and beyond awesome on that play.....like they said last night, "The shooter became the passer and the Passer the shooter!" But that was outfuckinstanding by Schenn, to see the play and not be selfish with the shot, but to dish it off for the sure goal!!!!

Mase, what can you say....is he showing his resume to get on another team, or is he showing Hextall he signed the wrong goalie!!!! Not sure which, but he is playing for a purpose right now!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they played big time hard in the first, then after the goal it just took the wind out of them.....
As I could see how it would, but hey shit happens.....

Schenn, was above and beyond awesome on that play.....like they said last night, "The shooter became the passer and the Passer the shooter!" But that was outfuckinstanding by Schenn, to see the play and not be selfish with the shot, but to dish it off for the sure goal!!!!

Mase, what can you say....is he showing his resume to get on another team, or is he showing Hextall he signed the wrong goalie!!!! Not sure which, but he is playing for a purpose right now!!!!
Do you think if Mase plays lights out the rest of the way we throw a 1 year deal at him?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think if Mase plays lights out the rest of the way we throw a 1 year deal at him?

I don't see why not.....

The thing is will he take it.....
He came to Philadelphia wanting the starting job....we can't say he has it, and he has hot and cold streaks like an old woman.
He maybe pissed because Neuvy got a contract before him.....
There is also the cap to look at....

There are so many factors in that soap opera.....

But I'm with ya, a one year deal wouldn't hurt either Mase or the Flyers.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why not.....

The thing is will he take it.....
He came to Philadelphia wanting the starting job....we can't say he has it, and he has hot and cold streaks like an old woman.
He maybe pissed because Neuvy got a contract before him.....
There is also the cap to look at....

There are so many factors in that soap opera.....

But I'm with ya, a one year deal wouldn't hurt either Mase or the Flyers.
Dont forget a goalie may get taken in the expansion draft also.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Belmare the best fit for the assistant captain role or should it have gone to another flyer?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is over until we decide it is here, but we can't just roll over and take it whenever we face any adversity.

That means we better give the Caps hell in DC tomorrow and if the refs make a terrible call or they get a very fortunate bounce, just power through it!!

I truly think the addition of Filppula could spark the offense ultimately and if so makes Hexy look like a genius. Also, Mase appears to be mad that he was benched and didn't get an extension, because he's building a brick wall around his net. I'm counting one goal given up over the last 73 shots against. It's time to just ride the hot hand and go with it.