• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Giroux is on the decline like i think we should just keep him around and have him collect 8 million a year as his value declines even further. Also its nice to think the we will have Myers/Prov Sanheim Morin and Hagg all at once but the truth is we wont be able to afford to keep them all if they are even half as good as we expect. So as nice as it is to think all six will be with us it wont happen and right now if we could throw in a Hagg for a top flight player like say Stamkos i say do it. This is all for naught as Hextall is not trading Gee but i would like to see a player here who could play 5 on 5 and not just a PP QB.

If we got rid of Gee, what do you think we could get for him or rather who would you like to see us target? I think if you were going to move him about now would be the time.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we got rid of Gee, what do you think we could get for him or rather who would you like to see us target? I think if you were going to move him about now would be the time.
My point here is if we dont move him now while he has some good value we wont ever be able to move him and his 8 million dollar salary. I was thinking we may be able to get a Stamkos for him Hagg and a 2nd rounder.This is a moot point as Hexy isnt moving him this season. All i can hope for is he finds any kind of speed and is able to actually break into a zone instead of pulling up which every defenseman know he is going to do by now.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point here is if we dont move him now while he has some good value we wont ever be able to move him and his 8 million dollar salary. I was thinking we may be able to get a Stamkos for him Hagg and a 2nd rounder.This is a moot point as Hexy isnt moving him this season. All i can hope for is he finds any kind of speed and is able to actually break into a zone instead of pulling up which every defenseman know he is going to do by now.

No I agree with you, was just wondering what you thought we could get in return, Stamkos would be awesome if he stays healthy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I agree with you, was just wondering what you thought we could get in return, Stamkos would be awesome if he stays healthy.
Like Carter and Richards who were our first line here and went on to win the cup only because they were someone elses second line at that point. Unless something drastic happens our 1st line is no where near good enough to win a cup even if all our young d turn out great. We need forward help on this team i hope we can do something because standing pat with these guys isn't getting us any closer to a cup.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Carter and Richards who were our first line here and went on to win the cup only because they were someone elses second line at that point. Unless something drastic happens our 1st line is no where near good enough to win a cup even if all our young d turn out great. We need forward help on this team i hope we can do something because standing pat with these guys isn't getting us any closer to a cup.

Well the problem we had then is almost the same one we have now. We only had then and still only have now is a first line that is always split up into two lines because we have to spread around what we can to shore up other weak spots. When we went on the cup run we had a very good defense which we don't now. Most teams I see that are super competitive have three solid lines. Two of which score often and one energy line that pitches in from time to time, we have a lot of players on this team that could barely be 3rd or 4th line players,, they need to be up graded big time.( Bellemare, Vandevelde,Raffl,Streit,Mcdonald,DelZotto,Wiese,and some I'm missing lol) need to be gone and upgraded, and don't get me freakin started on our goalie situation!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We caught a break with the win last night combined with the Leafs losing again. We're actually only four points out of a tie for the final wild card spot.

So, it will be interesting to see what Hexy does today with regard to trades. It seems like there's a lot of room to gain some picks/prospects. We can't just sit still and do nothing either.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! TSN has our odds of making the playoffs at 2.3%. Hard to believe that it is that low actually. I wouldn't bet on it, but I would certainly have it a lot higher than that.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the problem we had then is almost the same one we have now. We only had then and still only have now is a first line that is always split up into two lines because we have to spread around what we can to shore up other weak spots. When we went on the cup run we had a very good defense which we don't now. Most teams I see that are super competitive have three solid lines. Two of which score often and one energy line that pitches in from time to time, we have a lot of players on this team that could barely be 3rd or 4th line players,, they need to be up graded big time.( Bellemare, Vandevelde,Raffl,Streit,Mcdonald,DelZotto,Wiese,and some I'm missing lol) need to be gone and upgraded, and don't get me freakin started on our goalie situation!
The year we went to the cup dont forget we were the 7th seed our team wasnt good and got very lucky we werent swept by Boston in round 1.This team however our 1st line has played plenty with each other and had to be separated at times to cover the rest of the team but at other times separated because they weren't producing. As far as our bottom lines they need to go too. i dont think we should keep anyone but Jake Simmer Prov and Konecny everyone else needs to go if we are ever going to make a run for the cup.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We caught a break with the win last night combined with the Leafs losing again. We're actually only four points out of a tie for the final wild card spot.

So, it will be interesting to see what Hexy does today with regard to trades. It seems like there's a lot of room to gain some picks/prospects. We can't just sit still and do nothing either.
Man i wish we played Colorado every night that was a fun game to watch.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! TSN has our odds of making the playoffs at 2.3%. Hard to believe that it is that low actually. I wouldn't bet on it, but I would certainly have it a lot higher than that.
Depending on what we do at the deadline that percentage may change.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on what we do at the deadline that percentage may change.

Either way, I bet if we somehow beat Florida tomorrow night in regulation, that percentage at least doubles or triples.

I'm just waiting for the offense to come alive and possibly last night was the start of that, even against a dreadful team. The shutout by Mase is some extra mojo in net also.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about Coots taking it to Landeskog last night las! saw that going down and immediately thought of you haha

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Florida takes the final playoff spot. and honestly i don't even think it will be all that close. they stayed competitive without Huberdau and Bjugstad, now that they're back, that team is significantly better than the teams they're competing with for that spot, IMO.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about Coots taking it to Landeskog last night las! saw that going down and immediately thought of you haha
Coot did a pretty good job of holding on and holding his own. If he only played that way all the time i would love him but unfortunately for us he will never be that type of player.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, I bet if we somehow beat Florida tomorrow night in regulation, that percentage at least doubles or triples.

I'm just waiting for the offense to come alive and possibly last night was the start of that, even against a dreadful team. The shutout by Mase is some extra mojo in net also.
I hope we come out with more confidence after getting a few goals last night and those passes from right in front turn into shots and more goals

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Florida takes the final playoff spot. and honestly i don't even think it will be all that close. they stayed competitive without Huberdau and Bjugstad, now that they're back, that team is significantly better than the teams they're competing with for that spot, IMO.
We have played the last month without any offense. If we could somehow find 3 to 4 goals per game we will be in that spot.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Landeskog and Duchene last night i know i want Landeskog if we had a choice.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh snap! We are reportedly very close to signing Neuvy to an extension...